COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Anyone want to bet against the DDC having to eat their words.

Chinese don't pose Covid threat: DDC

The arrival of more Chinese tourists in Thailand is unlikely to trigger a spike in the number of new Covid-19 infections, says the Department of Disease Control (DDC).

The department said it plans to assess the situation regarding coronavirus infections in two weeks' time.

Land of smiles or Cloud Cuckoo land. My money is on the latter. 
As always with Thailands officials, it all about the money. 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Today I went into central CM today to attend to some business which included a stop on Changklan Rd. at the DHL/Fedex shop (been there many times).

After finishing up there I was walking along Changklan heading to my next destination. I found myself behind what was without question a Chinese fellow (wish I had a pic). He was tall, very light skinned, wearing a cheap black suit and black dress shoes (no socks). 

As I got closer I noticed he was smoking some odd smelling skinny cigarette (not a joint). I was getting ready to pass him but in that stretch I couldn't get around him due to the conditions of the sidewalk and traffic on the road. Suddenly the guy turned sideways a spit onto the sidewalk as he continued to hog the pathway and look around aimlessly. 

I then backed off and waited for the opportunity to get around him. The dude was a dog damn freak.

The wife thinks that many Chinese men have the manners of a pig and they would 💩in the street if they could. 🤣

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

So, all the drama a few months ago, same as all the drama a few months before that, came to nothing.

As i said at that time, i wouldn't be taking anymore vaccines, those that want to, can crack on, every individual is different and weigh things up in their own circumstances. Take personal responsibility and get on with it.

But as it stands, there's no need for any  mass intervention or mandates, not that i agreed with mandates anyway. 

EkJffd1WsAI338p.jpg.3e2663ec620b56d02091b673e532415b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

So are You guys ready for London's new Climate Change Lockdown? The lockdown looks well underway....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-64733216

ULEZ: Ultra Low Emission Zone expansion The proposed new expansion will cover all of London

ULEZ covers inner London at the moment and vehicles that are not compliant have to pay £12.50 a day  From August, the mayor wants to expand it out to cover the whole of the capital.

image.jpeg

Map of new ULEZ area

Or London's new 15-minute cities where you can only travel within your local area..

What is a 15-minute city? The way of living has sparked debate

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/17/what-is-a-15-minute-city-the-idea-has-sparked-a-debate-18295816/

Conspiracy Theorists Are Coming for the 15-Minute City

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/15-minute-cities-conspiracy-climate-denier

Wonder if we'll ever be able to prove definitively the China virus was the result of a lab leak.

US energy dept says COVID probably leaked from Wuhan lab

Investigations into the origins of a virus that has now killed nearly 7 million people have been hampered by politics and a lack of access and transparency.

COVID-19 was probably the result of a leak from a laboratory, according to a newly updated classified report from the United States Department of Energy obtained by the Wall Street Journal newspaper.

The new coronavirus — SARS-CoV-2 — first emerged in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019 and quickly spread around the world, so far killing nearly 7 million people. It also created turmoil in the global economy as countries closed borders and ordered lockdowns to try and curb the spread of a virus against which there were, initially, no effective vaccines.

The judgement for the latest classified report arose out of new intelligence and was made with “low confidence”, the Journal reported on Sunday. The energy department oversees a network of US laboratories, including some that undertake advanced biological research.

The latest findings suggest a change in the view of the US energy department, which said previously it was undecided on how the virus emerged. The officials declined to elaborate on the intelligence that had prompted the department to change its position. It now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in saying the virus probably spread after a mishap at a laboratory, a conclusion the FBI reached in 2021 with “moderate confidence”.

Four US intelligence agencies believe with “low confidence” that COVID-19 took place through natural transmission, while two others remain undecided, the Journal added.

Despite the agencies’ differing analyses, the update reaffirmed an existing consensus that COVID-19 was not the result of a Chinese biological weapons programme, the people who had read the classified report told the newspaper.

Edited by forcebwithu

8 hours ago, fforest said:

So are You guys ready for London's new Climate Change Lockdown? The lockdown looks well underway....

ULEZ: Ultra Low Emission Zone expansion The proposed new expansion will cover all of London

ULEZ covers inner London at the moment and vehicles that are not compliant have to pay £12.50 a day  From August, the mayor wants to expand it out to cover the whole of the capital.

image.jpeg

Map of new ULEZ area

Or London's new 15-minute cities where you can only travel within your local area..

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/17/what-is-a-15-minute-city-the-idea-has-sparked-a-debate-18295816/

On the surface it looks terrible but my car is a 2008 Astra and I am not affected. It will affect many but people think anybody living and traveling within those extended areas will be affected, not all all, it is just a small number. Thing is, a lot of people affected don't have the money to get a new car or upgrade to an acceptable model so I can see the reservations and upset at this move.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fforest said:

image.jpeg

Map of new ULEZ area

What lockdown? No one's stopping anyone going anywhere, it's about how they travel.

There are children dying in London due to the pollution. Our local Council has stopped cars using the roads around my daughter's school during opening and closing, which i agree with. The catchment area is such that all the kids come from within about 15mins walk, there's no need to drive them there.

From the link you posted re Conspiracy Freaks -

a meeting point for anti-lockdown activists, anti-vaxxers, QAnon adepts, anti-Semites, climate deniers, and the far right. 

Sounds like a well rounded, finger on the pulse kinda group.

Oh woe is me, i can't drive my 4by4 round the corner to the shop to get a pint of milk, i might have to actually walk and get some exercise. This is Bill Gates again, Great Reset, Article 20 and whatever, burn the witch, burn the witch ...

95713C41-2026-4647-9E41-77C1D98C681D.thumb.png.c3daa1e47f2ab0fc6f9b3051f1e23e63.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fforest said:

image.jpeg

Map of new ULEZ area

What has this got to do with Covid?

Can motor cars now carry the virus and spread it to other cars? 

I’ve got an electric car, so I don’t have to pay any ULEZ charges anyway. Plus I give it a LTF Test every week when I check the tyres. 🤗

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Wonder if we'll ever be able to prove definitively the China virus was the result of a lab leak.

US energy dept says COVID probably leaked from Wuhan lab

Investigations into the origins of a virus that has now killed nearly 7 million people have been hampered by politics and a lack of access and transparency.

COVID-19 was probably the result of a leak from a laboratory, according to a newly updated classified report from the United States Department of Energy obtained by the Wall Street Journal newspaper.

The new coronavirus — SARS-CoV-2 — first emerged in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in late 2019 and quickly spread around the world, so far killing nearly 7 million people. It also created turmoil in the global economy as countries closed borders and ordered lockdowns to try and curb the spread of a virus against which there were, initially, no effective vaccines.

The judgement for the latest classified report arose out of new intelligence and was made with “low confidence”, the Journal reported on Sunday. The energy department oversees a network of US laboratories, including some that undertake advanced biological research.

The latest findings suggest a change in the view of the US energy department, which said previously it was undecided on how the virus emerged. The officials declined to elaborate on the intelligence that had prompted the department to change its position. It now joins the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in saying the virus probably spread after a mishap at a laboratory, a conclusion the FBI reached in 2021 with “moderate confidence”.

Four US intelligence agencies believe with “low confidence” that COVID-19 took place through natural transmission, while two others remain undecided, the Journal added.

Despite the agencies’ differing analyses, the update reaffirmed an existing consensus that COVID-19 was not the result of a Chinese biological weapons programme, the people who had read the classified report told the newspaper.

This came out just under a year ago.

The guy is just about the worst speaker imaginable but interesting if you can stick with it.

Starts off with a howdy-doody, the meaty bit begins at about the 6 minute mark.

Edited by fygjam

1 hour ago, KhunDon said:

What has this got to do with Covid?

Can motor cars now carry the virus and spread it to other cars? 

I’ve got an electric car, so I don’t have to pay any ULEZ charges anyway. Plus I give it a LTF Test every week when I check the tyres. 🤗

Your right it's not exactly about covid but it's about a lockdown of sorts which covid was famous for.... And yes I know the ULEZ is not a full-on lockdown...But do notice how the ULEZ keeps getting bigger and bigger....I bet I know what's next now they have all of London in the bag....The ULEZ will be tightened up a lot to cut many more cars out...

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

This came out just under a year ago.

The guy is just about the worst speaker imaginable but interesting if you can stick with it.

Starts off with a howdy-doody, the meaty bit begins at about the 6 minute mark.

You're right, he's the worst speaker imaginable. Bailed after only a couple of minutes of watching.

It's rare I find any video worth watching for information on a complex subject as I much prefer reading for the uptake of the information.

Doing a search on Michael Worobey led me his Wikipedia entry and a citation for this article, "New Data Leads To Rethinking (Once More) Where The Pandemic Actually Began", which seems to be a good summary of what was probably presented in the video.

Reading the article the quote below was what I was thinking. Reason why I don't hold out much hope of ever knowing for sure the origin of the pandemic.

"Now, of course, all the data presented to support Worobey's hypothesis comes with caveats — big caveats. The Chinese government tightly controlled and managed the information coming from China, especially information concerning the early days of the pandemic. The reported COVID-19 cases in December 2019 are only a small fraction of the actual number circulating in Wuhan at the time. The government refuses to release the raw data for patients in 2019 or allow researchers to search for even earlier cases through analyses of blood bank samples or epidemiological interviews."

10 minutes ago, fforest said:

Your right it's not exactly about covid but it's about a lockdown of sorts which covid was famous for.... And yes I know the ULEZ is not a full-on lockdown...But do notice how the ULEZ keeps getting bigger and bigger....I bet I know what's next now they have all of London in the bag....The ULEZ will be tightened up a lot to cut many more cars out...

This is the Covid-19 thread.

-------------------------------------

Start a thread on:

>urban transportation planning,

>transportation system management,

>transportation demand management, 

>urban air pollution, and

>air quality management.

------------------------------------

Screenshot 2023-02-27 063113.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, lazarus said:

This is the Covid-19 thread.

-------------------------------------

Start a thread on:

>urban transportation planning,

>transportation system management,

>transportation demand management, 

>urban air pollution, and

>air quality management.

------------------------------------

Screenshot 2023-02-27 063113.jpg

This topic is indeed veering off course and ULEZ, whilst an interesting topic has absolutely nothing to do with the Covid 19 virus or pandemic. 

Please let's not deviate from the original topic "Covid 19 Global"

Any further discussion regarding ULEZ will either be removed or moved to another location of forum discussion 

Thank you all for your anticipated cooperation.  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

These leaked whatsapp messages are going to run and run.

Disgusting the way some in the UK Government acted with their scaremongering, many unnecessary draconian restrictions, purposely scaring the most vulnerable and those of an already nervous disposition. 

And then there's stuff like the Gov scientists advising the Gov saying don't forcibly mask school kids, but they did it anyway because they were scared of how it would look because Sturgeon in Scotland did.

The restrictions may be over, but we're all still paying for the consequences, and our children and theirs's will be as well, never mind the damage to children in all sorts of ways, people's mental health, suicides etc.

The Government purposely manipulated people's fear, in many ways went out of their way to unnecessarily cause the fear.  It's a very dangerous road IMO ...

Sunday-Telegraph-1.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 3

With An Audience Of Addicts That Are More Amygdalae Than Men - Imgflip

Actually the sheep quite like being lied to.....

Horror movies would not be popular if people did not enjoy fear.....It's the people who were saying covid was total nonsense from day #1 who were the sticks in the mud, who were messing up the show for all the fear addicts....(sheep)

Be a Solution. Not a Sheeple. | P48 Marketing

Watch the news there is always some big scary thing to be afraid of going on year after year after year....And when people get bored of the show in the Ukraine there is always North Korea ready with some crazy talk, to be dusted off and put back into the news........lol 

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

But not one word about Covid.

FF you seem to have paranoia in spades, why not start a thread

"Things that scare you and should"

.It's the people who were saying covid was total nonsense from day #1