What stupid thing amaze you in Thailand!

eyes4thais

4 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro ... there is really no explaining or getting a definitive answer to Thai logic at times ...

I think the best thing to do when you don't understand why a Thai does something and you don't understand why ... just ignore it ... saves you from any mental games

I gave up trying to understand their logic years ago as there just seems be no logic in their way of thinking at all but it's the refusal to ask for what seems to be something simple really gets to me, is it that losing Face crap ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Why the fuckers will not ( for 20 baht ) fix the tail lights on their motor bikes .. they are nearly impossible to see them at night time .. and I have come super close to hitting more than a few .. and that is all I need is to hit one of these fuc***kers ...

I can deal with almost every thing else a Thai does or doesn't do ... but, this one really pisses me off ...

And the headlights too, you see them shooting around on their souped up Honda Waves that have cost them a few baht to do and they won't pay the few baht to get their lights working ? Mind blowing for me.

11 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

And the headlights too, you see them shooting around on their souped up Honda Waves that have cost them a few baht to do and they won't pay the few baht to get their lights working ? Mind blowing for me.

They actually remove the bulb or fit an extra switch to disable the headlight as it "saves the battery".

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

The one thing that bugs me here and maybe someone can explain it is their refusal to ask for help from other thais.

Examples are below.

1. I was with an ex and we were looking for a hotel that a friend was staying at, we couldn't find it and she flatly refused to ask until I put my foot down and eventually she asked another thai person, the other one obviously didn't know either but wouldn't say that and sent us off in totally the wrong direction.

2. I was with a thai girl last week and she was on a shopping mission for her current customer, we're in Mr DIY and she's trying to explain to me what he wanted her to buy and I didn't have a clue what she was on about so I told her to ask a shop assistant. Absolute refusal from her to ask, she messaged me later to say her customer was angry because she'd bought the wrong things.

3. I sometimes go to a fishing park near me, I'm very inexperienced and twice now I've had problems, first time I'd hooked a fish and was struggling big time to get the hook out so I asked an English bloke at the next stall if he could help, he came and managed to unhook it for me and I said thanks and off he went, the girl I was with then asked quite seriously "why did you ask him to help you, not good". WTF ! Another time there I was having a lot of lines break so I asked a different girl I was with to come with me to ask the lads in charge what I was doing wrong, simple enough request I thought, wrong again, she absolutely refused point blank to come with me to ask them ?

What is it with them ?

Thais can't ever be wrong, thats why when they don't know something they will ignore or if pressed will say anything rather than admit "they don't know"

I've given up asking for any directions to anywhere, most of the time i end up in Nakhon Nowhere lol

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, buffalo said:

Scotters parked right across pavements making you walk in the road so selfish and stupid.

Bikes and cars parked on the footpath that was built for those in a wheelchair. I'm thinking of the wheelchair footpath on Soi Yume that runs from Big C Extra and past Father Ray Foundation. It's disheartening to see those in the wheelchairs having to divert on to the busy road to get around those that have parked in their way on the footpath.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

they are nearly impossible to see them at night time .. and I have come super close to hitting more than a few .. and that is all I need is to hit one of these fuc***kers ...

Me same same Code, now i wonder what would happen to us farang if we hit one of these braindead m/c riders ?

When you are crossing a busy road like second Road, you walk across and a car will slow down because of traffic and stop directly in front of you. So you are now standing right in front of his passenger door. Why could he/she not stopped 4m earlier and let to pass in front of them. So now you have to stop and walk around the car!

Edited by eyes4thais

Well this goes straight to No 1 slot!!  Lol

I was so pissed one night I jumped on a motorcycle taxi, told him where I lived, he nodded, took me on a ten minute ride and arrived back to where we were! He pointed to my apartment then asked for 100 BAHT😅😅 I was that drunk I'd been outside it all the time.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

Well this goes straight to No 1 slot!!  Lol

I was so pissed one night I jumped on a motorcycle taxi, told him where I lived, he nodded, took me on a ten minute ride and arrived back to where we were! He pointed to my apartment then asked for 100 BAHT😅😅 I was that drunk I'd been outside it all the time.

I think I can better that one. Again, our bar had just closed it was about 6am in the morning I staggered into Family mart and asked the girl where I was!!

Can't remember what She said so I called my Wife, asking Her to come and get me. Standing outside Familymart I hear and see a shutter going up. Yes, it was the Wife and I was standing across the road from our other place.

• Haha 2

Thailand just spent $2.7 million on 9 Tesla car at $386k each to start sustainable law enforcement. that is about $300,000 more than list price for each car.

The above average punter has a pick up truck. Go Figure

Edited by eyes4thais

I must have got this wrong that is nearly 12b million per vehicle.

Yes I did get it wrong, it $2.7 million on 7 cars. Which is 11.8 million bht per car.

Straight to no 1 slot! Do not pass go, do not collect £200!

That would pay 17, 550 people the 5,000b they need for food now.

But hey the priority is catch those speeding drivers, who will bribe there way out of it!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

• Surprised 1

14 hours ago, Aqualung said:

When I'm in Los I don't mind mixing with the odd falang so long as they are the sensible type.most guys would do the same I think but I can remember on my third trip to bkk and going to a rock bar in Min Buri BkK with the tg and half a dozen of her close friends. 

It wasn't long before I was beckoned over to a table by 2 western ex pats who by all accounts were English teachers in Bangkok. My god, what a couple of feck wits and should have known better judging by their ages of late 50s early 60s.

One was an ex bus driver from Doncaster the other was a retired grocer from somewhere down south. Both seemed to think it was hilarious that they got a salary doing next to nothing in a Thai classroom. 

So, from that moment on I was careful which western guys I spent anytime with should I encounter them. 

Ah yes Minburi, glad I am not there right now....so friggan hot!  Hey remember which rock bar you went to? They have a few decent ones. 

I hate the moto idiots driving against traffic, with the fine infrastructure there on the roads you know. They clear my front bumper by about 6 inches every time. I blew a gasket one time when I first got there. I let this punk ass have it pretty good, he couldn't get by me, rolled down the window, the minute I started giving it to him, he just took off..... Pathetic. Wifey told me I need to calm down and just accept the fact there are idiots here basically. I was so fucking pissed off, that I told her I did not care if one of these complete idiots I make "road kill" one day. 

IMG_8378.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Me same same Code, now i wonder what would happen to us farang if we hit one of these braindead m/c riders ?

Bro .... years ago I was in a neighboring province in the deep South ..... I had an idiot motor bike driver bash into the drivers side of the Beast when I was sitting at a red light .... a long story short ... the entire family showed up ( I think it was the entire small village ) and spokesman for the mob asked Beach Gal without any hesitation how much money I was going to give the guy that hit me and also to his family .... I understood what they were asking ( I understand Thai very well ) ....

I spoke back them in Thai and said "nothing" .... " I give you nothing " ..... I was there about 4 hours ... waiting for an insurance guy to show up ... the guy that hit the Beast ... had some scrapes and bruises ... they took him away in an ambulance ... even though he was walking around before the ambulance arrived ... plus, I could smell alcohol on his breath ....

No uniformed police showed up ....

I think if I would have hit him .. I would have had to pay something ... which that would be negotiated .. for sure!  I am not sure if that can be avoided if the accident was your fault ... maybe .. I don't want to find out though ... lol

• Like 2

The way some people ride their motobikes...

Last summer in Bangkok I was getting out of a taxi on Rama IV near the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The taxi was stuck in traffic in the far left lane, I opened the door, BOOM....some guy on a bike hit it and went flyin'.
I got out of the taxi, checked quickly to see if the guy was conscious (he was but his foot was bleeding), and promptly scrammed.
There's a well-hidden shortcut from Rama IV to Soi Thaniya next to the hotel.
Wasn't going to wait around for any discussion of who hit who.
We know how that can go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I think if I would have hit him .. I would have had to pay something ... which that would be negotiated .. for sure!  I am not sure if that can be avoided if the accident was your fault ... maybe .. I don't want to find out though ... lol

What even if the braindead twat is driving at night with no lights on the bike. I even had em on unlit main roads with no lights driving on the wrong side, they won't get one single Baht from me, thats why i invested in a dash cam front and rear. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

What even if the braindead twat is driving at night with no lights on the bike. I even had em on unlit main roads with no lights driving on the wrong side, they won't get one single Baht from me, thats why i invested in a dash cam front and rear. 

Yea, I have the same ....

To bad they don't sell side cameras for vehicles ( or maybe they do -- I should look ) 

I would quickly buy

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:05 AM, lazarus said:

The way some people ride their motobikes...

Last summer in Bangkok I was getting out of a taxi on Rama IV near the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
The taxi was stuck in traffic in the far left lane, I opened the door, BOOM....some guy on a bike hit it and went flyin'.
I got out of the taxi, checked quickly to see if the guy was conscious (he was but his foot was bleeding), and promptly scrammed.
There's a well-hidden shortcut from Rama IV to Soi Thaniya next to the hotel.
Wasn't going to wait around for any discussion of who hit who.
We know how that can go.

Thats why i always position my car when driving as far left as possible in nearside lanes to STOP m/c's driving up the inside of me its an accident waiting to happen but some roads have a dedicated m/c lane on the far left which must be left clear then its a case of using both side mirrors as the pesky m/c will come on both sides of your car !!!

• Thumbs Up 1