uk bans rolling tobacco

thunder367

Just now, Stillearly said:

If you actually read the thread the OP is wrong ... 

I did read the thread. Menthol flavoured tobacco, if you actually read my post you will see were I said 'try and ban', because whilst they haven't banned tobacco, you can bet your arse this is the precursor. 

10 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Fascinating, I am in the EU and I haven't heard anything about banning rolling tobacco. I'll have to assume it is another thing the British government likes to falsely blame Brussels for. 

As  above, it's only the flavoured stuff, not regular rolling tobacco.  European Union Revised Tobacco Products Directive (2014/40/EU) will tell you more, but other governments are probably ignoring it, as they often do.  It's only the Brits that think we've got to adopt all these new Directives.

Edited by KWA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Doesn't bother me one way or the other.  Although I stopped smoking 43 years ago I still love the smell. 

Funny when I read this I thought how long for myself ...... and exactly the same 43 years ago and a month or so .....🙂

32 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Funny when I read this I thought how long for myself ...... and exactly the same 43 years ago and a month or so .....🙂

Yes about 51 years ago in Hyde Park (1969) at a free concert with Rolling Stones headlining I smoked a menthol cigarette, it was washed down with crisps, bananas, hot dogs and coca cola, the result being that I was sick as a dog. Days later my mother made me actually inhale the smoke from the cigarette and again I puked, no more smokes for me ever since.