Street Photographs From Pattaya Area

john luke

On 5/1/2019 at 4:24 PM, forcebwithu said:

Work continues on the Easy R-Con open sewer. Looks like they're doing this in stages. Section closest to Buakhao is now filled in and now they've dug out the next section.

I went past this today and thought Cross Rail had come to Pattaya!

I asked the bookseller sat on the corner what was going on, and I think his reply meant sewer work - he said "water go out".

DSC01073.thumb.JPG.8b12682d57ab9f1c2ffa34ece9743cce.JPG

DSC01074.thumb.JPG.7a1f4d3e9ef903a162148835fa2ea8aa.JPG

• Like 1

untitled shoot-0134.jpg

Located on Second Road - looks a nice place to visit.

untitled shoot-0135.jpg

This may be useful for anyone who books trips whilst here and wants a taxi to the airport.

untitled shoot-0136.jpg

untitled shoot-0145.jpg

untitled shoot-0144.jpg

La Baguette - Naklua Road - well established coffee shop

untitled shoot-0143.jpg

untitled shoot-0142.jpg

A new place very close to La Baguette - catering for exactly the same market.

untitled shoot-0139.jpg

untitled shoot-0141.jpg

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Fairly extensive road works on Second Road from Central Festival towards Dolphin Roundabout.  They seem to be upgrading the sewage pipes.  How long these will last is a matter for conjecture.

It's part of the project to move the overhead electric and utility lines underground.

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It's part of the project to move the overhead electric and utility lines underground.

Ah I just saw the large diameter conduit pipes and came to the wrong conclusion. 

11 minutes ago, john luke said:

Ah I just saw the large diameter conduit pipes and came to the wrong conclusion. 

My pic from yesterday. Looks like they're laying the underground utilities next to the existing storm water sewers. When they're done it's going to look strange not seeing the rats nest of overhead wires. Strange in a good way that is.

P5080014.jpg

Beach Road, just before Walking Street. A new currency exchange in livery meant to fool you into thinking it is TT. 

I'm not sure whether the tailor shop is new. I don't recognise it, but I suspect that might be because I don't usually get to see it when it is open. 

2019-05-09 14.03.14.jpg

Edited by Bazle