You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

I found this interesting. Asmara (in Eritrea) is a city I had never heard of until seeing the video. It sounds a place that I might like to visit. The comments after the video suggest that it is very safe there.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2023 at 8:08 AM, Glasseye said:

Tough one for me to post as he is/was one of my favorite people of all time. Still can't believe he is gone.....

I had seen this one before, but a long time ago, so watched it again just now.  Truly fantastic.

He says repeatedly that Asia, and specifically Thailand, changes you and makes your life in the west inadequate.  I totally agree.  >5 years now back in the US and that video reminds me of that fact, with dispiriting vividness.

Some years back I was working in China with a multinational crew starting up a couple of giant rolling mills.  A guy on that crew, from Finland, said it best:

Thailand changes your reference points.

Thanks for posting that.

Alright, as a 10 year old living in Los Angeles, I used to be a "bad ass" roller skater at the Holiday Roller Rink every Sunday from 12:00pm-5:00pm, it was $2 for the whole day. Mom reminded me of that a few years back. She had to pay. 

They would play this song "I'm into something good" by Hermans Hermits. I am amazed at some of the shit I can remember from 57 years ago....seriously. 

This is your " feel good" story for the day..................you're welcome LOL! 

"Hellooooo" 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2023 at 6:05 AM, Bazle said:

I found this interesting. Asmara (in Eritrea) is a city I had never heard of until seeing the video. It sounds a place that I might like to visit. The comments after the video suggest that it is very safe there.

That whole area around Ethiopia is full of stunners. Even Oprah visited Addis and told a supermodel “I’m sorry but you’re all beautiful”. Was supposed to visit many times with my buddy who is Oromo, but the years went by & probably won’t happen. He was always adamant that as long as you have a few $ in your pocket, Ethiopia is heaven

• Great Info 1

13 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Whoa...

I’m glad more of these get released to the public. We know how many of these guys are bullies, but at the same time we see the BS they deal with daily…..I’d have a short fuse too. 

Just saw one where it took me a few views/angles to comprehend fully…New Mexico lady went the wrong way on I-25 last year, cop followed her & ran into a retired firefighter, both gone instantly. Popular opinion was that he had no business chasing her……

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

That whole area around Ethiopia is full of stunners. Even Oprah visited Addis and told a supermodel “I’m sorry but you’re all beautiful”. Was supposed to visit many times with my buddy who is Oromo, but the years went by & probably won’t happen. He was always adamant that as long as you have a few $ in your pocket, Ethiopia is heaven

Ethiopian airlines business class is the best airline in the world ... if judged by the beauty of the stewardesses and quality of the food and wine... It was the only airline that my last TW would stay awake for purely for the service. Stunning women every single one of them. I just want to lick their faces !! Stunning skin colour and texture..

Of course she referred to them as Ethiopio and Addis as Addissa BabaBoBo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2023 at 9:02 AM, Yessongs said:

Alright, as a 10 year old living in Los Angeles, I used to be a "bad ass" roller skater at the Holiday Roller Rink every Sunday from 12:00pm-5:00pm, it was $2 for the whole day. Mom reminded me of that a few years back. She had to pay. 

They would play this song "I'm into something good" by Hermans Hermits. I am amazed at some of the shit I can remember from 57 years ago....seriously. 

This is your " feel good" story for the day..................you're welcome LOL! 

"Hellooooo" 

The chicks at roller skating were the hottest on earth.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, lazarus said:

Uncle Roger is quite a well known comedian especially among English speaking Asians.

https://www.instagram.com/mrnigelng/?hl=en

https://linktr.ee/mrnigelng

Screenshot 2023-01-18 194957.jpg

The latest from Uncle Roger is hilarious. Unfortunately China has no sense of humor and, no surprise, has censored him.

‘Uncle Roger’ jokes about China and censors don’t see the funny side

A Malaysian comedian has been banned from China’s Twitter-like social media platform, days after he published clips from a live show predicting his skits about Beijing’s heavily censored politics and Chinese leader Xi Jinping would land him in trouble.

Nigel Ng, who performs under the persona “Uncle Roger,” last week posted a trailer of his new show on Twitter, in which he jokes about China’s surveillance state and begs the Chinese Communist Party not to “make him disappear.”

“Uncle Roger about to get canceled,” Ng wrote on Twitter last Tuesday alongside a clip of his show.

By Saturday his account on China’s highly censored Weibo platform had been barred from creating new posts. A message on the page said Ng was blocked “due to the violation of relevant laws and regulations,” but gave no further details.

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The latest from Uncle Roger is hilarious. Unfortunately China has no sense of humor and, no surprise, has censored him.

‘Uncle Roger’ jokes about China and censors don’t see the funny side

A Malaysian comedian has been banned from China’s Twitter-like social media platform, days after he published clips from a live show predicting his skits about Beijing’s heavily censored politics and Chinese leader Xi Jinping would land him in trouble.

Nigel Ng, who performs under the persona “Uncle Roger,” last week posted a trailer of his new show on Twitter, in which he jokes about China’s surveillance state and begs the Chinese Communist Party not to “make him disappear.”

“Uncle Roger about to get canceled,” Ng wrote on Twitter last Tuesday alongside a clip of his show.

By Saturday his account on China’s highly censored Weibo platform had been barred from creating new posts. A message on the page said Ng was blocked “due to the violation of relevant laws and regulations,” but gave no further details.

Interesting. I always thought Ng was a Vietnamese surname but apparently Malaysia's 6th most commonest surname.

https://forebears.io/malaysia/surnames

https://forebears.io/surnames/ng

Central Asia, for most of the time, is not on the radar of those of us who live in the West.

I found this video about Almaty in Kazakhstan interesting. I had very positive vibes about the place until near the end of the video when the presenter mentions air pollution and earthquakes!

• Like 1