Introduce yourself to the Forum

Hello All, 

New member, newbie and getting my ass to Thailand for the first time in June 12. I will be staying for a month or  maybe a lil more... I have not planned anything except vissiting Chiang Mai for some days to visit a friend... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kolofardos said:

Hello All, 

New member, newbie and getting my ass to Thailand for the first time in June 12. I will be staying for a month or  maybe a lil more... I have not planned anything except vissiting Chiang Mai for some days to visit a friend... 

Welcome. You will find lots of info re visiting Thailand in the various sections of the Forum. 

9 hours ago, kolofardos said:

Hello All, 

Welcome and enjoy.

Hi,

I have lived in Jomtien for most of the last 6 years. I have a TGF who has been VVVVLT with me for 6 years. I guess that is Thai wife territory. I have been active on Pattaya Addicts (PA) for something like 5 years now. This board (Pattaya 24x7) was suggested to me as possibly allowing a little more open discussions than PA does.

I am 73 and, if I do say so myself, very well traveled. I am well seasoned as a board member and have participated in such sites as TSM, WSG, RedSnake, Xtreem Travel, Thai Visa, and a few others.

Although I am interested in more open discussions, I am also not interested in joining flame war nonsense that can lead to escalating animosity.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Hi,

I have lived in Jomtien for most of the last 6 years. I have a TGF who has been VVVVLT with me for 6 years. I guess that is Thai wife territory. I have been active on Pattaya Addicts (PA) for something like 5 years now. This board (Pattaya 24x7) was suggested to me as possibly allowing a little more open discussions than PA does.

I am 73 and, if I do say so myself, very well traveled. I am well seasoned as a board member and have participated in such sites as TSM, WSG, RedSnake, Xtreem Travel, Thai Visa, and a few others.

Although I am interested in more open discussions, I am also not interested in joining flame war nonsense that can lead to escalating animosity.

Welcome.  I think the "Post a pic of your breakfast, lunch, dinner" in the General forum would be something you'd like considering your "expat kitchen" topic on another forum.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

This board (Pattaya 24x7) . . . . .

WTTB.

This board is Thailand 247, not Pattaya, a deliberate decision by the founders I think to give it a broader remit.  I understand there is a Pattaya 247 Facebook group, but I think you've ended up in a better place from what I've read of it.

13 hours ago, tko said:

Welcome.  I think the "Post a pic of your breakfast, lunch, dinner" in the General forum would be something you'd like considering your "expat kitchen" topic on another forum.

I have that in mind, but my understanding is that I need to get to 10 posts before I can do that. I enjoyed your restaurant posts at the other forum. I would assume that there is info like that here as well.

2 hours ago, KWA said:

WTTB.

This board is Thailand 247, not Pattaya, a deliberate decision by the founders I think to give it a broader remit.  I understand there is a Pattaya 247 Facebook group, but I think you've ended up in a better place from what I've read of it.

Agreed from the little that I have seen so far.

The TGF and I have also built a house in the Khon Kaen area, so I am very interested in info in that area as well. Our place is about half way between Khon Kaen and Chum Phae, which leaves us about a 45 minute drive from a decent Western grocery shopping experience. I like to cook and need a Farang type kitchen, which we have included in the house. I know that there are Tesco Lotus and Big C options much nearer, but they do not begin to compare to the options like Villa Market and Makro that are available in the Pattaya area. Yes, I am a fuss bottom when it comes to grocery shopping.

Attached is a pic of the house in the Khon Kaen area. The security guard is the 5 year old nephew of the TGF. This pic was taken early on in the building of the house. We have expanded the structure and surrounding area since then. I have included a line item in the 2023 budget for a dip pool. 

IMG_3452.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Agreed from the little that I have seen so far.

The TGF and I have also built a house in the Khon Kaen area, so I am very interested in info in that area as well. Our place is about half way between Khon Kaen and Chum Phae, which leaves us about a 45 minute drive from a decent Western grocery shopping experience. I like to cook and need a Farang type kitchen, which we have included in the house. I know that there are Tesco Lotus and Big C options much nearer, but they do not begin to compare to the options like Villa Market and Makro that are available in the Pattaya area. Yes, I am a fuss bottom when it comes to grocery shopping.

Attached is a pic of the house in the Khon Kaen area. The security guard is the 5 year old nephew of the TGF. This pic was taken early on in the building of the house. We have expanded the structure and surrounding area since then. I have included a line item in the 2023 budget for a dip pool. 

IMG_3452.JPG

Nice looking house. Enjoyed your posts on PA and look forward to seeing more of the same here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum, I love Jomtien and each trip, never spend as much time there as I should!.

great to see you're retired and living my dream 🙂  - Are you a retired Brit, Jock, Paddy, Taff, Yank, or heaven forbid...Aussie?

20 hours ago, Butch said:

Welcome to the Forum, I love Jomtien and each trip, never spend as much time there as I should!.

great to see you're retired and living my dream 🙂  - Are you a retired Brit, Jock, Paddy, Taff, Yank, or heaven forbid...Aussie?

Yank

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, FlatPack said:

Hi, I've been here a couple of decades and hadn't heard about this forum before.
I came across it while I was googling for some info about Lazada. I'll scoot over and look at the Lazada posts now.

Just ask if you want to know many here I'm sure use lazada

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:34 AM, Nickrock said:

Ramdy a warning this is a chat forum  you start advertising and you will get kicked out

Hi Nickrock. I am a newbie with regard to 24x7, but have lived in Jomtien for most of the last 6 years.

Just so I understand - > given that advertising can be a grey line. As an example discussion point, my TGF owns a restaurant. Now I would think that if I start posting daily specials and what not, I have definitely crossed the line. OTOH, if I just mention the place in general (adding that I have an interest) I am not crossing the line.

Any comments?

On 6/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Hi,

Welcome and enjoy. 

11 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

As an example discussion point, my TGF owns a restaurant. Now I would think that if I start posting daily specials and what not, I have definitely crossed the line. OTOH, if I just mention the place in general (adding that I have an interest) I am not crossing the line.

Any comments?

Peter from "Bite Me Bistro" had a very good thread going on a couple of forums. As far as I know nobody complained and it was a damn fine thread. It was done very well with pictures taken of each morning's daily special and posted early each day.

I am not a Mod but perhaps it could be used as a benchmark in your discussions.

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Peter from "Bite Me Bistro" had a very good thread going on a couple of forums. As far as I know nobody complained and it was a damn fine thread. It was done very well with pictures taken of each morning's daily special and posted early each day.

I am not a Mod but perhaps it could be used as a benchmark in your discussions.

Great. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I was a fan of "Bite me Bistro", but became aware of it a little late in the game. Chatted with Peter a few times in the restaurant. Seemed like a decent guy.

The GF's place is not as serious an endeavor as "Bite Me Bistro". It has about 5 tables. It is primarily Thai food, freshly ground coffee, and some Farang type breakfasts and snacks. The cook (not my GF) ran a similar place in Korat for over 10 years. Her Thai food recipes are good. I recommend her Cashew Chicken dish. OTOH I like my version of Chicken Panang better than hers. 🙂Please do not tell her I said that. 🤐

Anyway, the place is called "Three Angels" and is located in the VT2A condo complex in Jomtien. It is on the first floor. Make a left as you enter the building. This place definitely makes the "Under 300 Baht" list. The Thai food is pretty decent.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was a fan of "Bite me Bistro", but became aware of it a little late in the game. Chatted with Peter a few times in the restaurant. Seemed like a decent guy.

The GF's place is not as serious an endeavor as "Bite Me Bistro". It has about 5 tables. It is primarily Thai food, freshly ground coffee, and some Farang type breakfasts and snacks. The cook (not my GF) ran a similar place in Korat for over 10 years. Her Thai food recipes are good. I recommend her Cashew Chicken dish. OTOH I like my version of Chicken Panang better than hers. 🙂Please do not tell her I said that. 🤐

Anyway, the place is called "Three Angels" and is located in the VT2A condo complex in Jomtien. It is on the first floor. Make a left as you enter the building. This place definitely makes the "Under 300 Baht" list. The Thai food is pretty decent.

There is a Business section on the forum , it's not very active but that's what's it's there for 

https://www.thailand-247.com/forum/81-business-section/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

As @Stillearlysaid, chuck it in the biz section. I'll make the trip on my next visit to check it out for sure. I love the small, independent Thai food places as very often they form the best standard by which to judge everyone else!.