Bangkok and Other Airports - Your Recent Experience - Busy, OK or Quiet. Please Add your Experiences.

john luke

Report of BA lounge at LHR:

Customers were left horrified after several mice were allegedly spotted in a British Airways lounge at Heathrow Airport.

Footage online shows two rodents scurrying around the floor near several brown armchairs in the business lounge.

An anonymous passenger expressed their "disgust" after spotting the unexpected guests and criticised British Airways over its "lack of cleanliness" following the incident.

Posting a clip on Facebook, they wrote: “So this is British Airways lounge at Heathrow.

“When I go to the reception to let them know there are over three mice eating under our feet, the receptionist doesn't leave the desk and says she will let management know.

“And when I complain about the free-roaming mice and the cleanliness state of the lounge (or the lack of it) through my British Airways executive, the agent says they adhere to the highest standards and it's normal for mice to reach some areas.

“How has British Airways lost its standards like that and how awful is this customer service?

“This is only one video, I have multiple, showing different areas. It's just gross - British Airways business class lounge.”

The post attracted hundreds of likes and comments, with many people critical of both Heathrow and BA over the lack of cleanliness.

Social media user Vivian Blick wrote: “About sums up BA standards. I think they should be stripped of the'British' name as they are an embarrassment.”

Helen Richards added: “When we were stuck at Heathrow for 14 hours in September, we found the mice bloody good company and far nicer than any unhelpful staff.”

John Gregory said: “Gotta feel sorry for the mice, eating BA food.”

A spokesperson for British Airways said: “We are working with Heathrow Airport to make sure uninvited guests don't get past the door in the future.”

Heathrow Airport has been contacted for comment.

https://www.aol.co.uk/lifestyle/passenger-horrified-spotting-mice-british-103523804.html

• Haha 6
  • Surprised 1

Unusual experience at Samui Airport the other day.  My 11:50 flight had been changed to 12:00 and downgauged from an A319 to an ATR turboprop a few days before.  On arriving at the airport a few minutes before 09:00 I was asked before I even entered the building if I wanted an earlier flight and thought why not?

The guy radioed ahead and directed me to a free check-in desk where a lady checked me in for a 09:15 flight.  My boarding pass said the gate closes 15 minutes before departure and when I pointed that out she said it'd be OK and to get moving.

Ignored the checked bag checkpoint and got to the furthest away gate to go throught security and board the buggy to the plane and nobody seemed to be in a hurry.  Missed out on the lounge!

Of course I'm 2 hours early at BKK where I'd got the bus booked for 14:00 hours but I sent a copy of my booking to a mate who was on the 12:00 bus and he got me changed on to that for a 50 baht fee.

Had time for a bite to eat in the food hall (not impressed) and a leisurely wait before boarding the full bus and home well ahead of plan.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I landed at Swampy today at 11:55

the Airport looked empty when we arrived , but as I got to immigration the queues were huge .. even beyond the immigration ramp ... 

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

Luckily I had booked Fast Track , there were still queues , but I was done in 15 mins

Never seen it that bad. Lack of staff or just volume of people arriving at the same time?.

On 11/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, Stillearly said:

I landed at Swampy today at 11:55

the Airport looked empty when we arrived , but as I got to immigration the queues were huge .. even beyond the immigration ramp ... 

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

Luckily I had booked Fast Track , there were still queues , but I was done in 15 mins

I arrived at 14:30 Thursday last week. Was busy but not as bad as your pics. That said I went to arrivals 2. Wondering if one gets busier than the other??

Took around 20 mins to clear immigration but at least 5 mins of that was chatting to the very nice, friendly imm  officers. “Boooeeee farang poot Isssaaaan etc etc”.

Got into the baggage hall near belt 18 and had to walk down to belt 5. I stopped for a change of clothes and a fresh up mid way at the toilets. Suitcase just dropped down onto the carousel as I arrived.

Swampy arrivals was the busiest I have seen since before COVID, not far from capacity I am guessing. Seemed to flow quite well tbh and wasn’t too painful.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Just passed through Swampy departures at 11.30AM

Zero queue at Bangkok Airways, but some of the other lines I walked by were long and chaotic, Vietjet notably.

Only 10 people in front of me at immigration. Queue moved at glacial speed, possibly caused by the finger print scanner.

I'd hate to leave on a really busy day. Clearing immigration to exit the country would take forever.

Automated gates were there but only for Thais, people were passing through them in seconds.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just came through security at suv which was quick and passport control even quicker,tho it looked a nightmare was quickest its ever been as used one of the new scanning machines,no passport stamp leaving now ? As long as its registered in their system all good.

Was still 2 massive queue s at either side so maybe the scanning machines only set up for some national s.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Great Info 3

13 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just came through security at suv which was quick and passport control even quicker,tho it looked a nightmare was quickest its ever been as used one of the new scanning machines,no passport stamp leaving now ? As long as its registered in their system all good.

Was still 2 massive queue s at either side so maybe the scanning machines only set up for some national s.

Are you entering on Visa exempt 30 day stamps?

The reason I ask is that there was reportedly a sign up by the new scanners saying using them would invalidate any re-entry permit, so no good for those on long stay visas if true.

19 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

That is interesting.

I came through on Monday at 16.00, I used the fast track service. Showed the IO officer a printed email of my non-immigrant O visa and she gave me the 3 month stamp I was entitled to.

Rhetorical question but what on earth would the machine have done?

The fast track saved zero time as guy as guys sat around me on the plane were at the luggage collection at the same time I was. Reading your post maybe they came through the automated gates?

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

That is interesting.

I came through on Monday at 16.00, I used the fast track service. Showed the IO officer a printed email of my non-immigrant O visa and she gave me the 3 month stamp I was entitled to.

Rhetorical question but what on earth would the machine have done?

The fast track saved zero time as guy as guys sat around me on the plane were at the luggage collection at the same time I was. Reading your post maybe they came through the automated gates?

I was leaving,the machine just read details on main page and that was enough,like I said tho was still bih queues waiting to get stamped out.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KWA said:

Are you entering on Visa exempt 30 day stamps?

The reason I ask is that there was reportedly a sign up by the new scanners saying using them would invalidate any re-entry permit, so no good for those on long stay visas if true.

Yes 30 day stamps.

• 2 weeks later...

Check in with EVA was a pain in the arse ... large queue and then they took us out of the queue to do our own baggage tags .., but two of the machines didn't work for me , so had to join another queue to do it the old fashioned way ..., for the first time ever I was asked if I had a Visa .. I told them no , but I was leaving the country before 30 days ... they asked for proof .. I just showed them my TripIt app ( which isn't proof as everything can be typed in manually.. ) which they accepted 🤷‍♂️

Security was a pain as well , machine was backed up , guy telling us no need to take anything out of your bag .. I walked through , then they wanted to check my shoes ( they were fine a couple of hours ago at the previous airport security... ) then had to wait five mins until they scanned the shoes separately and then had to walk 30 metres in my socks to find somewhere to sit and put my shoes back on ...

Total process took about an hour ... luckily I updated my fantasy team , before I joined the queues 555

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I walked through , then they wanted to check my shoes ( they were fine a couple of hours ago at the previous airport security... ) then had to wait five mins until they scanned the shoes separately and then had to walk 30 metres in my socks to find somewhere to sit and put my shoes back on ...

Wear cheap charlie 99 Baht Addas Crocs and socks mate ..... even comfy enough on the walk to Central bus station ..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Check in with EVA was a pain in the arse ... large queue and then they took us out of the queue to do our own baggage tags .., but two of the machines didn't work for me , so had to join another queue to do it the old fashioned way ..., for the first time ever I was asked if I had a Visa .. I told them no , but I was leaving the country before 30 days ... they asked for proof .. I just showed them my TripIt app ( which isn't proof as everything can be typed in manually.. ) which they accepted 🤷‍♂️

Security was a pain as well , machine was backed up , guy telling us no need to take anything out of your bag .. I walked through , then they wanted to check my shoes ( they were fine a couple of hours ago at the previous airport security... ) then had to wait five mins until they scanned the shoes separately and then had to walk 30 metres in my socks to find somewhere to sit and put my shoes back on ...

Total process took about an hour ... luckily I updated my fantasy team , before I joined the queues 555

Sorry to hear this, which is the total opposite of my check-in experience with EVA in Vancouver on my way to Thailand in mid-January - it was my first flight with EVA since before Covid and I wasn't sure what to expect so had my visa form and ongoing ticket ready to hand if requested. Luckily I arrived from my connecting flight only half an hour before EVA's counter opened so only had a few people in line in front of me, and the counter agent had me ready to go with both of my boarding passes (YVR and TPE) in less than five minutes - no questions about visas or return tickets or whatever, it couldn't have been smoother. It seems to me that this hassle about visas and ongoing/return tickets is an English or European thing because I've never been bothered about either in YVR.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Thai take off before EVA as usual, even though they have a later departure time 555

Last Sunday, my mate flew Thai. He landed at 5.08 am for a 6.15 am arrival. In fact I checked his flight arrivals for the previous week and everyday it landed before 6.15am.  I checked only to allay his fears of missing his 7.30 am bus to Hua Hin.

Seems Thai have a pretty good departure regime presently and therefore a good option for booking with them. He paid £717 through an agent for cattle class.

• Like 1