Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

Sure hope the road construction on Soi 15 is finished by mid-December. I'm booked at the Centara Hotel over New Years into January, it can be seen partially in one or two of those pics. Would be a pisser if the work was still going on and impeding pedestrian and motor vehicle traffic through that area then.

But with the rainy season approaching, that will slow progress for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Sure hope the road construction on Soi 15 is finished by mid-December. I'm booked at the Centara Hotel over New Years into January, it can be seen partially in one or two of those pics. Would be a pisser if the work was still going on and impeding pedestrian and motor vehicle traffic through that area then.

But with the rainy season approaching, that will slow progress for sure.

I stayed in its sister hotel Centra by Centara couple of weeks ago. There is a little alleyway from Soi Diana that lets you in round the back and zero road works takes about 90 seconds.  Soi and hotel is signposted clearly. Only problem you will have is noise from Soi 15 but traffic you will be fine. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Add this to the giant cluster....

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-central-road-crumbling-shortly-after-contactor-handover-408970

Pattaya-News-5-Pattaya-Central-Road-crum
Pattaya city administrators have ordered the contractor to fix their defective work on Second Road before accepting the finished product.

Not only have the contactors dilly dallied for years pretending to work on Pattaya Roads, blaming the pandemic for the delays, and finally claiming that the job was done only to have residents complain of the shoddy work.

Last week, residents of Pattaya second Road were up in arms complaining loudly to city hall that the roads are cracked and crumbling in many parts. They said that the road was uneven and in some parts so bad that it was dangerous to life and limb.

These complaints come hot on the heels of work being done by a contractor hired to remove utility poles along the road, after another contractor had finished the job of burying electricity and communication cables underground, in conjunction with yet another contractor hired to lay underground drainage and utility pipes.

City administrators ordered the contractor to “fix it” and when done they will want to thoroughly inspect the work before approving an official handover.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Wonder how the powers that be decided Naklua Soi 18 was deserving of the embedded pavement lights, centerline as well as gutter lights no less! Some one has baht to burn.

P9060004.JPG

Noticed them on Arunotai last night too. Just something else to trip over as they protrude an inch or so above ground.

• Surprised 1

17 hours ago, KWA said:

Noticed them on Arunotai last night too. Just something else to trip over as they protrude an inch or so above ground.

Not only a tripping hazard, but a hazard for those of us on bikes. Hitting those lights with skinny tires will throw the bike in an unexpected direction, most likely into oncoming traffic.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

They're back... the all too familiar orange construction barriers for the Beach Rd project to add a lane on the north end.

PA120002.JPG

PA120005.JPG

Ok. Let me get this straight. They are only going to widen the road upto Soi 4. Yet have not removed the Palm trees in that area yet. Then from Soi 4 to Klang where they have removed the Trees they are not now going to widen the road. You get more sense out of a bar girl than City council.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• john luke changed the title to Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Whilst I do not drive in Thailand, a personal choice, I would suggest that parking on Beach Road and indeed the other main through roads is the main obstacle to the free flow of traffic.  A four lane single carriageway road becomes a two lane single carriageway road if cars/vans/other vehicles are parked in lanes one and four adjacent to the footpaths.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd guess they're probably around 80% or maybe even 90% of the way through finishing the roadworks on the north side of Thepprasit to install new drains to stop Sukhumvit in South Pattaya from flooding. After well over a year of chaos on what used to be by far the fastest way to the beach from Suk, I was hoping that would be it, but now they've started digging up the south side of Thepprasit as well to install yet more drains, so we can enjoy another year or two of traffic jams and madness. And I'll bet at the end of all this malarkey that Suk will still flood!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2022 at 1:19 PM, john luke said:

A four lane single carriageway road becomes a two lane single carriageway road if cars/vans/other vehicles are parked in lanes one and four adjacent to the footpaths.

It wouldn't matter if it were made a 6 lane carriageway... It would still lead to a bottle neck on the corner at the beginning of Walking Street ... Unless they make WS a 6 lane carriageway also .... Now there's a thought....

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

That looks like a footing for new curbs, which you can see haphazardly piled to the left and stacked in the background. That begs the question why they're putting in curbs next to the existing road as the news reports said they were adding an additional lane on the north end of Beach Rd?

0B0A0770.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1