Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

On 9/4/2021 at 12:24 PM, forcebwithu said:

Road barricades, construction security fencing along the beach, and heavy equipment all gone.

P9040025.jpg

Noticed on yesterday's ride the rebar work for the footings is now gone. Looks like the project to move the footpath and expand Beach Rd parking will not be going forward.

• Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Not Pattaya, but pics from today of the Jomtien Beach nourishment project. Looking south and north from opposite of the Chaiyaphruek intersection.
P5310018.JPG

P5310024.JPG

P5310027.JPG

Nice example of redneck engineering for hauling boats out of the water.
P5310028.JPG

P5310030.JPG

A peak behind the construction barricades of the work currently taking place from soi 12 - 13.
P5310033.JPG

P5310035.JPG

P5310037.JPG

P5310039.JPG

P5310048.JPG

P5310050.JPG

P5310051.JPG

Pic looking south from the north end of Dongtan Beach.
P5310057.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes saw this ( and was inconvenienced as we stayed in Areca Lodge) and for the life of me I don’t understand why they didn’t do all this over the long covid period when the town was empty of customers 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

Yes saw this ( and was inconvenienced as we stayed in Areca Lodge) and for the life of me I don’t understand why they didn’t do all this over the long covid period when the town was empty of customers 

Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions the town was also empty of construction workers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Was there in late July for a few days. Just as the pile drivers were slamming in the piles on 2nd Rd. (near the Soi 13 area, where is of course happened to be staying at the time). The noise was incredibly loud (especially as you passed by on baht bus, stuck in traffic in the scorching heat). I thought to myself they are never going to get that finished.

To make matters worse. They were also tearing the shit out of Soi 15 (behind The Avenue), the road was decimated. Soi 15 is a main cut through both in vehicle and on foot. 

I know eventually they will get caught up with it all, but during that time it left a real sour taste in my mouth. Did not enjoy myself there one bit. Just wanted to get out of there. I hope things are improved by next visit. I think I will stay in Jomtien for the next one.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

10 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Was there in late July for a few days. Just as the pile drivers were slamming in the piles on 2nd Rd. (near the Soi 13 area, where is of course happened to be staying at the time). The noise was incredibly loud (especially as you passed by on baht bus, stuck in traffic in the scorching heat). I thought to myself they are never going to get that finished.

To make matters worse. They were also tearing the shit out of Soi 15 (behind The Avenue), the road was decimated. Soi 15 is a main cut through both in vehicle and on foot. 

I know eventually they will get caught up with it all, but during that time it left a real sour taste in my mouth. Did not enjoy myself there one bit. Just wanted to get out of there. I hope things are improved by next visit. I think I will stay in Jomtien for the next one.

Well, omelettes and breaking eggs....

i've worked in construction since 1986 and i have to appreciate these guys working in urban areas with a low accident rate. But the noise from sheet piling will be there unless you spend more money

the railwayroad is now being re dug up down by the motorway access, total mud and shite.  ok ish when no rain.  and the workers were removing streetlamps, caught one on overhead power cables and zeeeep

out further on the DS, chat nok lake road both ways  for 1.5 km... all dug up for rages and 4KM diversions thru mud tracks and forest.  my fav way to work so found another short cut BUT now locals are so pissed off they, and I are using the left overs of a footpath to get around the roadworks.  everyone is just pissed off.

now a brand new section fo new road, has been dug up under the flyover on soi siam CC road.  again a mud track and no access to businesses along there.  total fuckin farce

3 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

the railwayroad is now being re dug up down by the motorway access, total mud and shite.  ok ish when no rain.  and the workers were removing streetlamps, caught one on overhead power cables and zeeeep

out further on the DS, chat nok lake road both ways  for 1.5 km... all dug up for rages and 4KM diversions thru mud tracks and forest.  my fav way to work so found another short cut BUT now locals are so pissed off they, and I are using the left overs of a footpath to get around the roadworks.  everyone is just pissed off.

now a brand new section fo new road, has been dug up under the flyover on soi siam CC road.  again a mud track and no access to businesses along there.  total fuckin farce

May I just interject into this post and also the excellent post by  @Glasseye .

How are new builds (like the one next to Nature Hotel) still getting EIA...? How did any multistory condo built in the last decade get issued with an EIA Certificate...?

We all know and accept day to day corruption but it is the big boys that are ruining our city....

Think about it ....Where does all the shit go just in The Base and multiply it by how many condos ....??? 

Driving from Jomtien to Suk along Thepprasit has been awful for at least a year due to the drainage works. Just as they seem to be drawing to a close, they're now started digging up the other side of the road around Soi's 7 to 11, and now traffic going from Suk to Jomtien is at a standstill too.

• Sad 3

On 9/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, tommy dee said:

Complete cluster f**k all around. Hard to really get a handle on unless you are there "on the ground".

If you are.... a real "eye opener". That's for sure.

• Like 1

Yeah, we tried to take a friend to Route 66 on the dark side, but the road under the overpass is all dug up and we couldn't reach it.  Went to outback instead.

Muang Rayong and Ban Chang are all dug up as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1