What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

up at dawn's crack, coffee, fag and lovely cool air outside.  yesterdays storms brought a cold front   cant see it lastin but driving to work in a few, with the wndows open and no ac will be a treat

Normally Dawn's crack has been wet and warm,  you know how to destroy a dream! :default_527:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been sitting outside chilling out when I heard the monks chanting at a funeral. It is rare that I hear it that loudly and started to wonder when WhiteSpider's funeral will be.

It was last week (24th April) in Sattahip.

• Thanks 1

just made a bbq type sauce full of onions and veg to go with fries and fried chicken later.  the mob is here to collect the niece that has been staying.  lovely cool day outside, real dream.  and tomatoes are growing on our plants again, new batch.  even got a few limes off the tree i plated some while back.

huge storm front travelling from south toward us, and will maybe hit tonight or tomorrow so the cool weather might be here for the week

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, john luke said:

Got a new Hub2 router from Plusnet.  Setting it up was easy.  Devices that connect directly to the router by wire required no change, but everything which used a wifi connection had to be reset. 

Been with them a good few years now, fine them very good.

Even get my BT Sports via them for a discounted price. 

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Been with them a good few years now, fine them very good.

Even get my BT Sports via them for a discounted price. 

I have been with them a long time; had Plusnet Hub 1, however recently the signal kept dropping out.  Hopefully the super Hub2 will do the trick.

On 5/2/2022 at 12:34 PM, Stillearly said:

Started a really heavy cold yesterday, tested myself this morning and +ve ... now heading off for a PCR test to confirm.. 

Just had confirmation of +ve PCR test , was feeling very crap last night and this morning...but already feeling a little better , no longer achy and nose stopped running , cough not as bad ... still need to isolate until Friday and then get two negative LFTs , happy I'm triple vaxed 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

Before I went for my walk this morning I had a dentist appointment. I am pleased to say my teeth are excellent for my age and I didn't need anything done except a quick check.

I asked if I should make an appointment for 6 months time, dentist said 'no, too soon, see you in a year'. I was really happy.

• Like 1

Just got back from a BMW dealership where I very nearly spunked a not insubstantial chunk of money on a 2021 BMW M4 Competition Model. Glad I didn't as the Mrs went apeshit when I told her how much it was going to sting me (us).

Another dream shattered.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 6

Just back from a 2 hour walk in perfect weather conditions. Not hot, no rain and with a slight breeze.

I had no plan to go shopping but glad I did.:-

- Friendship had grape juice on sale at 48 baht/litre

- Lotus on Buakhao had Whiskas cat food on offer, buy 5 get 1 free.

- The sato in the fridge in the shop around the corner was ice cold!!

So not only did I save a few baht but I lugged it all the way back on the1 hour return leg...!!

EDIT = I've just read the post by @Butch He goes shopping for BMWs on sale whilst I go shopping for juice and cat food on sale !!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been chatting to the "No2 canvassers" .. I was sitting outside enjoying a wine in the cool evening air when they approached me.

- Do you live alone?

- Nope

- Do you have a wife?

- Nope, I have "fan"

- Is she here ?(Getting a little frustrated)

- Sure!. So I called the cat! Out it strolled taking its time, then flopped down in front of them for a tummy rub!

It was at this stage they realized that they were talking to a farang nutter but good on 'em we just had a laugh and they moved on

Quality Mr. Dangle, pure quality mate.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SteveBC said:

Quality Mr. Dangle, pure quality mate.......

FAF!

We have had most canvassers walking the area but only one of the candidates came around himself. Everybody here has really suffered for the last 18 months and he sat, listened and chatted to them face to face.

I have no idea which number is which party, but if I was voting it'd be for number 4... (Am I allowed to say that on here? - delete it if I'm not!)

• Like 1