What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Scrambling to get my morning fix of forum posts and internet news as there's a scheduled, day long power outage happening in about 10 minutes. It'll be the third one in the past six weeks. Think it has something to do with switching over the power lines to the newly installed underground cables along Sukhumvit.

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Ooooooh! Lots of sparks and fireworks today then!!

Hope it doesn't blow our transformer further down!!!

Earlier this year I head transformers in the distance popping their fuses about once a month, but lately nothing. Might of had something to do with testing the new cables under load and finding shorts.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Earlier this year I head transformers in the distance popping their fuses about once a month, but lately nothing. Might of had something to do with testing the new cables under load and finding shorts.

Yep 'twas the ones near the Police Box at the junction with Pattaya Tai crossroads..

Just finished sorting through the mail and have the second load of washing in the machine, way too hot to be in doors, but I like to square away as much shit as I can the first full day of being home.

Catching up on the F1 which I recorded and still don't know the result yet! 

Then it is walk time, will be interesting to see whether I have lost any fitness with being away, I have put on a couple of pounds as expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2022 at 5:38 PM, galenkia said:

Got my induction tomorrow for a new job. Only a couple of miles away, agency work but don't bother me.

Got a call this morning from an agency looking for forklift driver for Transport For London, take home pay just under 3k

A month,but a 70 to 80 miles round trip every day.

Tempted but allow for the travel time and cost, didn't fancy it. Would if I was younger, but not for me now.

First day training today, bastard's have put me in the chilled warehouse. Like spending all day in a fridge 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Good luck with the training !!!

Cheers mate.

Got one more day training, mostly it's learning what goes where and the commands for the voice activated headset.

Site is fucking huge, takes up half of Bracknell🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

First day training today, bastard's have put me in the chilled warehouse. Like spending all day in a fridge 🤣

I hope they gave you the right clothes to work in that area or at least they should have told you to dress appropriately.

When I worked at Adelie Foods as a driver we had to go into the chilled area to get our pallets to load which was fine for a short duration. Normally if we had frozen foods to go in the freezer on the truck a guy brought it the side of the truck for us to load. Sometimes the freezer area was short of staff so if we wanted to get away without delay some of us went into the freezer area. This was passed 2 automatic drop shutters to maintain the temperature. I have to say with the clothes I used to wear one minute was the maximum you could stay in there, it was so bloody cold. The guys who worked that area looked dressed like spacemen, they really had the gear.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I hope they gave you the right clothes to work in that area or at least they should have told you to dress appropriately.

When I worked at Adelie Foods as a driver we had to go into the chilled area to get our pallets to load which was fine for a short duration. Normally if we had frozen foods to go in the freezer on the truck a guy brought it the side of the truck for us to load. Sometimes the freezer area was short of staff so if we wanted to get away without delay some of us went into the freezer area. This was passed 2 automatic drop shutters to maintain the temperature. I have to say with the clothes I used to wear one minute was the maximum you could stay in there, it was so bloody cold. The guys who worked that area looked dressed like spacemen, they really had the gear.

I'm in the refrigerator warehouse rather than frozen food thank f**k.

Proper busy so will soon be skinny again after sitting on my arse for months🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Sounds like you have been given the job, Congrats mate.

Hopefully you will enjoy it and settle down to some form of normality again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

You'll be glad of it this Friday, it's supposed to hit high 80's plus.

Somehow I'm supposed to come off a nightshift and sleep during the day on Friday for a second one Friday night. Not quite sure how that's going to work.

• Surprised 1

50 minutes ago, Butch said:

You'll be glad of it this Friday, it's supposed to hit high 80's plus.

Somehow I'm supposed to come off a nightshift and sleep during the day on Friday for a second one Friday night. Not quite sure how that's going to work.

Am working midday to 8pm wed,Thu, Fri and find out tomorrow what shift pattern and start time im doing, either 10pm, midday or 2pm start.

Do miss my afternoon in the park when it's sunny. Was so tempting to take summer off but I'd never want to go back to work.

Sleep well tonight, bloody knackered, ain't grafted this hard since February🤣

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just been sitting on my step drinking wine and watching a female woodpecker pop in and out of her hole...

It is so weird that as a youth it was rare to spot a woodpecker out in the Dorset countryside but living in Pattaya there is one on my doorstep..!!

I am lucky with living out in the countryside, we regularly see green, lesser spotted and spotted woodpeckers.

• Like 1

My missus went to a birthday party in West London on Sunday & then they all decamped to a hotel in central London & went on the razz.

First of all she fell over & has some nasty bruises but then last night she was coughing like f**k & had a fever.

I tried two attempts with a Covid self test kit but neither one worked.She's still not right but the cough has calmed down a lot.

• Like 1