What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just renewed my retirement extension, then did my 90 day report while there.  22 minutes total.  Maptaphut immigration office rocks.

Edited by tko
  • Like 1

Spent the last few days moving my gear  from my storage trailer into the SeaCan in preparation for moving the trailer to a different part of my yard, perhaps even selling it; wrestling with this heavy shelving unit yesterday just about killed me:

img_1525.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage.jpg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Spent the last few days moving my gear  from my storage trailer into the SeaCan in preparation for moving the trailer to a different part of my yard, perhaps even selling it; wrestling with this heavy shelving unit yesterday just about killed me:

img_1525.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage.jpg

The older I get the more I despise moving shit, and cleaning.

I was fortunate to find a guy who helped me move stuff during this past move. Those guys really earn their money. Tough work for sure. Finding someone who can do the work well and at reasonable cost - priceless. 

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I was fortunate to find a guy who helped me move stuff during this past move. Those guys really earn their money. Tough work for sure. Finding someone who can do the work well and at reasonable cost - priceless. 

Yeah, it's tedious work, no doubt about it. I've got tools to help me - a couple of hand trucks, the small trailer you see here which I pull with my ATV, and even a truck-mounted crane for the really heavy stuff, so I seldom need to call for help but it's still a pain in the butt. 

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

First summer job at 17 was moving. Now I was never super slim, but I was lifting weights back then and fit in 34 jeans. Pay was low, probably ~ $5 hour USD equivalent, and even when we worked 80 hours, ZERO OT pay. Just not much fun, very physically demanding and your back can be toast with one awkward move, even at a young age. Thank God Dad got me something paying almost triple the start of my 2nd summer…..but stupid me for discovering strip clubs and booze the same time

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Enjoying my first SangSom & diet in over a year and a half. From my perch in CM. Finally made it, but dog tired.

sangsom.jpg

Congratulations on finally making the move.

Time to chill and enjoy.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Fishing a different area today called the celebrity swim because Chris Tarrant used to fish it when he was over. 

Fighting off the largest, aggressive Mozzies I have ever seen. Nasty fuckers.

20220607_094325.jpg

20220605_072409.jpg

I like big mosquitoes, they're easier to swat - unlike their Asian cousins who are so small they are almost impossible to see. Yesterday it clouded over somewhat later in the afternoon and I got pretty chewed up in my own backyard but I was too busy to notice until later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I like big mosquitoes, they're easier to swat - unlike their Asian cousins who are so small they are almost impossible to see. Yesterday it clouded over somewhat later in the afternoon and I got pretty chewed up in my own backyard but I was too busy to notice until later. 

They are easier to see, I will grant you that, but these striped fuckers are biting us through our clothes. I have a hat, net mesh combo for walking through the waist high grass to the swims, yesterday 5 filled up with my blood from the top of my head through the hat whilst walking back.

20220608_090420.jpg

• Surprised 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just got back from the surgery, stitches removed and looks nicely healed.

So ready to get back to work hopefully.

What about your mobility issues after the stroke you had , all good ?  

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Are black flies a problem in your neck of the woods?

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You OK Gal ..... ??

Things are better now thanks mate,moved into a new place on Tuesday,so away from the cause of my recent problems.

Spent 10 days in a Travelodge before that so was living on a diet of takeaway shit basically. Nice to get back to normality.

Hope all's well with you mate 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Things are better now thanks mate,moved into a new place on Tuesday,so away from the cause of my recent problems.

Spent 10 days in a Travelodge before that so was living on a diet of takeaway shit basically. Nice to get back to normality.

Hope all's well with you mate 🙂

Good to hear mate was getting worried about you. Thought some old black and white Crimewatch footage of you in your QPR following days had appeared on the internet ... 

..... I'm up in the Boonies in Isaan chilling and sweltering if you get my drift.

Loving it to be honest .... peace and love my bro. !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, nampla69 said:

Good to hear mate was getting worried about you. Thought some old black and white Crimewatch footage of you in your QPR following days had appeared on the internet ... 

..... I'm up in the Boonies in Isaan chilling and sweltering if you get my drift.

You know me well mate, fucking indestructible 🤣

Enjoy your time there, have to get over there somewhen, though without drinking would be strange, whole waking time was spent with a beer 🍺

Love you mate 🤗

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

I was speaking to Terry L today.

Looks like he and I both had covid at the same time but completely different symptoms and both of us over it now. I had the Spanish sub species he the L K Metro version.

Its basically endemic now.

There are lies, damn lies and the daily totals of covid cases.

I wonder how many of the blue rinse brigade got infected during the lovely Jubbly  celebrations?

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1