What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Organising an update of my Last Will and Testament.

I've added the following line:

"I Khun Don, being of sound mind and body, spent the f***ing lot before I died".

That'll make is easier for the wife when the time comes.😄

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Really? The sneak peeks were booked pretty solid here. Heard it’s really good, definitely going to watch it in AVX or IMAX within the week

There were many screens showing it during the day, I picked a 1305 start on purpose because it is usually quiet, especially mid week. I guess there were around 20 people watching in the end.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

There were many screens showing it during the day, I picked a 1305 start on purpose because it is usually quiet, especially mid week. I guess there were around 20 people watching in the end.

I’m assuming it did not disappoint? I think I told @galenkiaon another thread, I was really, really turned off last year watching F9….4 chatty teenagers behind me and the nephew. What am I to do, smack them all? I love to talk, but the cinema, and those 5 seconds before I swing the club……I demand silence! Same as people who blast a video while you’re sitting down at an eatery or similar…..they never heard of earphones? 

Society has gone to shite

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’m assuming it did not disappoint? I think I told @galenkiaon another thread, I was really, really turned off last year watching F9….4 chatty teenagers behind me and the nephew. What am I to do, smack them all? I love to talk, but the cinema, and those 5 seconds before I swing the club……I demand silence! Same as people who blast a video while you’re sitting down at an eatery or similar…..they never heard of earphones? 

As a follow up to what I considered to be the best film of the decade, it was good and I really enjoyed it.

As a stand alone film it was nothing special.

Nostalgia played a big part in the experience for me.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

As a follow up to what I considered to be the best film of the decade, it was good and I really enjoyed it.

As a stand alone film it was nothing special.

Nostalgia played a big part in the experience for me.

I believe that was the secret to getting(hopefully) massive revenue…..get the 80’s kids into the cinema, while still appealing to the millennials. Too bad the pandemic delayed it by, what, 18 months I think? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Went and saw three or four films after the redundancy,but went to the early morning show. Cheapest price and only a handful of people there so quiet.

• Like 1

Finished packing.

My car has been doing some strange things electrically this week. Just tested my battery and alternator just in case and my battery is on it's way out. Alternator seems to be OK giving out 46 amps at idle, but with the engine running the battery voltage is down. Looks like one of the cells is failing. 

New battery time after my holiday, hopefully nothing more sinister is lurking. 

Time for a walk and a few pints of Guinness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Out walking and dropped into my local for my last Guinness for a few weeks. 

20220528_170421.jpg

Surely not the last one … a few more hours left til last orders 🙏

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Finished packing.

My car has been doing some strange things electrically this week. Just tested my battery and alternator just in case and my battery is on it's way out. Alternator seems to be OK giving out 46 amps at idle, but with the engine running the battery voltage is down. Looks like one of the cells is failing. 

New battery time after my holiday, hopefully nothing more sinister is lurking. 

Time for a walk and a few pints of Guinness. 

I recall you were looking at buying a van for your travels, did that end up happening?

55 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I recall you were looking at buying a van for your travels, did that end up happening?

Yes, I ordered a new one in August and it got picked up 28th December whilst I was in Phuket.

I have driven it to France and Germany this past few weeks.

Tomorrow I am taking the train to Gatwick, then will fly to Canada for a couple of weeks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Resting up after moving the final boxes out of the condo. Exhausted but very relieved. 

After being rotated through the ringer the past several days I am actually looking forward to soon be on the 30+ some hour journey back to CM coming up soon.

I hope I can get to the airport before i get shot.....    😔

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1