What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Got my case out to start packing too and thought I'd check out the space in my cool bag after buying various bits and pieces to take with me.  Cool bag is rammed full, weighs just short of 6kg and won't fit in my suitcase.  Suitcase swapped.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Checked into my hotel and relaxing on the bed waiting for my mates to arrive,  then we will hit the bar.

A fishing junket to Canada? Where will you go, and what sort of prey are you after this time?

Putting antibiotic drops in my eye. 🤗

Had a cataract removed from my eye Sunday morning at my local NHS hospital, now it’s 3 weeks of eye drops. 
In and out in 45 minutes. Thank heavens for the NHS. 🏆

• Thumbs Up 3

Waiting on a guy fitting a new intruder alarm box at home.  The backlights on the old one were flickering and when it got serviced a couple of weeks ago I asked the engineer if he could fix/replace them.  As they're part of the main circuit board he said he would have to replace the whole board, but instead of that I'm going a whole new control unit.

Good result as the system was > 20 years old and this has brought it right up to date.  Makes it (almost) worthwhile paying the maintenance/service fee all these years as this covered the cost completely.

Just looking at hotel prices for Oct / Nov in Thailand ... October is incredibly cheap , my usual hotel almost a 1/3 of the "normal" price.. under 1000 Baht .. cheapest I've ever seen it ... November prices seem to be what I would usually expect 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just bought a ticket for the beginning of Sept for myself on Eva,hoping to get my mum into a care home for a few weeks.Missus is going a week earlier and we're coming back together if all goes to plan.

Except she's in economy & I'm in Premium Economy😆,my first trip for over four years so going to put my fat arse in a comfortable seat.

Just so long as my mother is OK and the chinks don't invade Taiwan.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Looking to  organise transport. A pub in Coulsdon that I and a friend regularly visit is doing a complete refurb in a couple of weeks. We found out on Tuesday that they were going to bin 2 beautiful leather Chesterfield sofas among other things. They are still in great condition and the Manager said we can have them. We couldn't pass that by, so he has guaranteed that our names are on them. These, sofas last forever, they are so well made. Guess we will hire a van for the day, split the cost and recruit some muscle to get them out and into our homes. Always wanted a 3 seater Chesterfield. 

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Looking to  organise transport. A pub in Coulsdon that I and a friend regularly visit is doing a complete refurb in a couple of weeks. We found out on Tuesday that they were going to bin 2 beautiful leather Chesterfield sofas among other things. They are still in great condition and the Manager said we can have them. We couldn't pass that by, so he has guaranteed that our names are on them. These, sofas last forever, they are so well made. Guess we will hire a van for the day, split the cost and recruit some muscle to get them out and into our homes. Always wanted a 3 seater Chesterfield. 

Or you could just take the urinals and condom machine !!!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, AJSP said:

the school has painted an old phone box for the jubilee celebrations which I thought was a nice touch.

I would have thought that it was a damned good project for the students. From design through to prep work and painting!

Did they have to get Council approval as well? I would love to have been their instructor for Project Management on that one !!!

Well Done!!!

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I would have thought that it was a damned good project for the students. From design through to prep work and painting!

Did they have to get Council approval as well? I would love to have been their instructor for Project Management on that one !!!

Well Done!!!

Good point. It’s a private school so organised ‘ in house’. Was a fine finish whomever did it 

• Thumbs Up 1