What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Went to see Liam Gallagher at the sold out Man City Etihad Stadium last night.

Was lucky enough to be VIP and bang at the front .

Felt brilliant to be in amongst 70/80k of bouncing fans after all that covid bollocks we have been through .

Absolute organised chaos , but loved it.

I went round Manchester on the beer in the daytime (which was packed and a brilliant atmosphere too)

Hopefully the good times are back.

Ibiza a week on Saturday now and I'm re-living my youth 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Felt brilliant to be in amongst 70/80k of bouncing fans after all that covid bollocks we have been through .

I went round Manchester on the beer in the daytime (which was packed and a brilliant atmosphere too)

Brilliant mate, I've had a nightmare with gig's this year, most cancelled or rearranged, though did get to see Gary Numan and Geoff Tate recently.

Broke my own rules about paying over face value for tickets the other day, paying double for a £60 ticket for the Cure end of the year. Won't make a habit of it though 😜

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Brilliant mate, I've had a nightmare with gig's this year, most cancelled or rearranged, though did get to see Gary Numan and Geoff Tate recently.

Broke my own rules about paying over face value for tickets the other day, paying double for a £60 ticket for the Cure end of the year. Won't make a habit of it though 😜

Nothing wrong with paying if you really like them I would 100% if Covid taught me anything it's grab the chances while you can.

Are you OK now?

I'm down in London next, early July to see Tears For Fears at the Sheperds Bush Empire.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, roomark said:

Nothing wrong with paying if you really like them I would 100% if Covid taught me anything it's grab the chances while you can.

Are you OK now?

I'm down in London next, early July to see Tears For Fears at the Sheperds Bush Empire.

Nice, do like their music. Great old venue as well.

Got two tribute bands in Reading next on July 1st, Motley Crue and Poison.

Was meant to be in March.

Things are Okayish at the moment,got some shit going on that could either work out okay or be serious shit. Can't say what because there is still an active investigation ongoing,if you get my drift.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Nice, do like their music. Great old venue as well.

Got two tribute bands in Reading next on July 1st, Motley Crue and Poison.

Was meant to be in March.

Things are Okayish at the moment,got some shit going on that could either work out okay or be serious shit. Can't say what because there is still an active investigation ongoing,if you get my drift.

Well I hope it goes well for you pal, 

Always here on DM mate and I know that would stand for a lot of us on here , we have all been posting a long time on various boards.

Good luck 👍 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roomark said:

Well I hope it goes well for you pal, 

Always here on DM mate and I know that would stand for a lot of us on here , we have all been posting a long time on various boards.

Good luck 👍 

Cheers mate

Shit got real the other day, Was only a matter of time before it blew up.

Waiting to hear what's happening.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, roomark said:

Great city Manchester. Far cry from 25 years ago roo. 

Sadly, remembering the Roger Waters concert both you and me attended ( shame we didn't meet up), my best mate who I went with passed away on the 23rd of May. Only 60. 

Funny story about that little trip which I'll share soon. 

• Sad 2

I woke up this morning aching all over!

Yesterday started as usual with a 2 hour walk followed by a Sato and a gonk but then somebody knocked on my door to wake me up.... The snake was spotted leaving my hedge again.....  2 to 3 metre long cobra (depending on who is talking).

So my mate and I poured a Hongthong and Sato mix into a glass each and set to work completely stripping out my hedge / garden. Thick MIL tongue ripped out by the roots and trees/bushes cut down to 6 inch stubs. Shuttling all the debris over to a bit of wasteland ..

It is now completely bare and I am completely f***d!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I woke up this morning aching all over!

Yesterday started as usual with a 2 hour walk followed by a Sato and a gonk but then somebody knocked on my door to wake me up.... The snake was spotted leaving my hedge again.....  2 to 3 metre long cobra (depending on who is talking).

So my mate and I poured a Hongthong and Sato mix into a glass each and set to work completely stripping out my hedge / garden. Thick MIL tongue ripped out by the roots and trees/bushes cut down to 6 inch stubs. Shuttling all the debris over to a bit of wasteland ..

It is now completely bare and I am completely f***d!

When I lived there, the place I was renting backed onto a big patch of jungle. There was a brick wall between the jungle and the houses but it had fallen into disrepair and occasionally I would find a snake in the laundry. Didn't ask what type they were and left them to find their own way out.

One day I heard a bit of noise out the back. Went to investigate and there were 2 guys hacking into the jungle with machetes a couple of houses down. In my best Thai asked them "how much" indicating the jungle behind my place. 200 baht said the young guy, turns out they were father and son. The older guy tried to up the price to 300 baht but I said "no, no, 200 baht". Settled on 200 baht plus a bottle of water for each, face saved and honour satisfied.

I left them to it but a bit later there was a commotion out the back. I went to investigate and found the young guy doing some kind of war dance and tearing his clothes off. The old guy was helping, doubled over with laughter. Turns out he, the young guy, had hacked into a tree ant nest.

image.png

If you've never come across these, they build their nests in bushes, swarm if disturbed and sting like buggery. Another bottle of water to wash the young guy down.

Job completed I paid them 500 baht which had been my intention all along. If I got Thai price I tipped, farang price, no tip. They said for 500 baht they'd cut down all the plants in the garden as well if I wanted. I wouldn't have done the job for 5,000 baht if I had my chainsaw and brush cutter.

Now the point of the story, there is one. Turned out that their "regular job" was keeping a stretch of Pattaya Tai clean. Dunno if they were employed by City Hall or the business owners. But if you want a bit of day labour try your local street sweeper.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Great city Manchester. Far cry from 25 years ago roo. 

Sadly, remembering the Roger Waters concert both you and me attended ( shame we didn't meet up), my best mate who I went with passed away on the 23rd of May. Only 60. 

Funny story about that little trip which I'll share soon. 

Horrible to lose mates I know I lost two close mates of mine in 2019 age 50 and 52 within 6 weeks of each other (one horribly and sadly suicide)

Still never got over it .

I hope you are OK , remember the good times and frame the best photos. 

There's always Thailand for a beer 🍻

Edited by roomark
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Up early and a lite brekkie of Greek Yoghurt with some raspberries and blueberries then out for an hours ride with my son. 

a familiar route for us dropping down onto the docks area and cycle along the River Avon cycle path. Out for an hour and now justifies a bite to eat at Las Iguanas 🤣

AAFE527B-96D4-44E8-9DE6-BCDA4E49CEA0.jpeg

0AFCD8F4-CBB3-4D12-9B01-1061C8CB3847.jpeg

EA372C31-D8DE-4EDB-A024-1AE32774CA65.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Spent a fair bit of time recently adapting a turbine air vent to my SeaCan - because the roof isn't flat, it takes a fair bit of buggering around to fill in the channels properly before fastening the mount down and sealing it:

img_1490.jpgWebp.net-resizeimage.jpg

But I persevered and got it all to fit right, only to experience the calmest weather I've seen here for years! For the last three days there has been barely enough wind to turn a similar vent on my rooftop, most unusual for this area but with the lovely sunny days we have had this week, I am not complaining....

• Like 2

Just seen a quality performance of Oliver at our local theatre by a youth group - quiet impressed 

was very hot in the theatre so needed a thirst quencher at the pub 

1F1B69EE-AD9C-4933-8934-ED4D7967BDA0.jpeg

037F886F-DB63-4149-82F8-C6CF08033040.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, fygjam said:

When I lived there, the place I was renting backed onto a big patch of jungle. There was a brick wall between the jungle and the houses but it had fallen into disrepair and occasionally I would find a snake in the laundry. Didn't ask what type they were and left them to find their own way out.

One day I heard a bit of noise out the back. Went to investigate and there were 2 guys hacking into the jungle with machetes a couple of houses down. In my best Thai asked them "how much" indicating the jungle behind my place. 200 baht said the young guy, turns out they were father and son. The older guy tried to up the price to 300 baht but I said "no, no, 200 baht". Settled on 200 baht plus a bottle of water for each, face saved and honour satisfied.

I left them to it but a bit later there was a commotion out the back. I went to investigate and found the young guy doing some kind of war dance and tearing his clothes off. The old guy was helping, doubled over with laughter. Turns out he, the young guy, had hacked into a tree ant nest.

image.png

If you've never come across these, they build their nests in bushes, swarm if disturbed and sting like buggery. Another bottle of water to wash the young guy down.

Job completed I paid them 500 baht which had been my intention all along. If I got Thai price I tipped, farang price, no tip. They said for 500 baht they'd cut down all the plants in the garden as well if I wanted. I wouldn't have done the job for 5,000 baht if I had my chainsaw and brush cutter.

Now the point of the story, there is one. Turned out that their "regular job" was keeping a stretch of Pattaya Tai clean. Dunno if they were employed by City Hall or the business owners. But if you want a bit of day labour try your local street sweeper.

Mot daeng (red ants). Nasty buggers. Have to watch out for them on our jungle hash runs. They favor mango trees using the tree's broad leaves to make their nests. Brushing up against a branch brings an army of them down on you, but fortunately when running it's not the first guy that gets bitten, it's those that follow. :default_biggrin: 
ants-nest-72.JPG

Mot daeng eggs are also considered a delicacy by Thais.
Ants_Eggs_Market_Thailand.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Checked in on-line and it looks like my HEL-BKK flight is chock full when the seat plan yesterday showed lots of empty seats.  No-one wanting to pay in advance to reserve a seat I imagine.  Just got the cool bag to load and wait on my lift to the airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Checked in on-line and it looks like my HEL-BKK flight is chock full when the seat plan yesterday showed lots of empty seats.  No-one wanting to pay in advance to reserve a seat I imagine.  Just got the cool bag to load and wait on my lift to the airport.

I paid for fully flexible economy on Finnair so was able to reserve seats at no extra cost at the same time as I made the booking. For a party of 3 I was very happy to ensure we were all together and in seats A/B/C with extra leg room almost at the front of economy.

29 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I paid for fully flexible economy on Finnair so was able to reserve seats at no extra cost at the same time as I made the booking. For a party of 3 I was very happy to ensure we were all together and in seats A/B/C with extra leg room almost at the front of economy.

I'm lucky and my Qatar Gold Card allowed me free seat selection and a free hold bag on my cheapo fare, and as a solo traveller the seat is no big deal anyway, but most of the cabin must have waited until they were free by the look of things.

I've never been on what they call the "Economy Comfort" seats that it sounds like you were in.  How much difference does the increased legroom make and are there any other benefits to them?

1 hour ago, KWA said:

I'm lucky and my Qatar Gold Card allowed me free seat selection and a free hold bag on my cheapo fare, and as a solo traveller the seat is no big deal anyway, but most of the cabin must have waited until they were free by the look of things.

I've never been on what they call the "Economy Comfort" seats that it sounds like you were in.  How much difference does the increased legroom make and are there any other benefits to them?

I am traveling in July, first time for me so I will have a better idea of the experience then.

The only thing I know is enhanced legroom and amenity sets will be the benefits. Will probably do a trip report, I am away for 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Watching(or should I say the missus is)the Jubilee Concert.

So far it's been 90% total crap for me but she likes it.

Makes me wonder what HRH thinks of it all.

Having said that Andrea Bocelli is on now so a definite upturn.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Watching(or should I say the missus is)the Jubilee Concert.

So far it's been 90% total crap for me but she likes it.

Makes me wonder what HRH thinks of it all.

Having said that Andrea Bocelli is on now so a definite upturn.

Me too, fantastic light show. Once in a lifetime concert