What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I am not sure but needs to be notified in Royal Gazette before the changes are valid.

I did see this today:

TAT Newsroom will be providing updates in detail via www.tatnews.org once the official directives have been announced in the Royal Thai Government Gazette.

Thanks...

I will probably just go through with whatever the process requires about 4 days before "'wheels up". No sense chancing it and waiting until the last day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Thanks...

I will probably just go through with whatever the process requires about 4 days before "'wheels up". No sense chancing it and waiting until the last day. 

The smart thing to do is to book your holiday away from any proposed change date in the system if possible. 

47 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Personally, I'd do it about 2 weeks before. That way, you have time to resolve any problems that might arise, for example, with your insurance. 

There is no fee for the TP, and no reason why you should not apply more than once. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just been shafted on Viagogo for £122 for a £60 ticket for The Cure at Wembley Arena in December.

Can't find any cheaper, seems sold out everywhere.

Same happened to me via a close friend when booking tickets to see Roger Waters in Manchester. 

There are some individuals making shit loads out of the likes of you and me. 

Face value £75........actual tickets cost by the same website you used G... £125.  Under a woman's name. Go figure. Roomark was at the same gig I think maybe he can enlighten us on what he paid. 

He's been unusually quite on here lately BTW. Hope he's OK m

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The smart thing to do is to book your holiday away from any proposed change date in the system if possible. 

Search for the best fare and the time that works for you.     *** fares using miles is very difficult now. I found one that was perfect and difficult to find (lowest amount of miles required), so I stabbed that baby. Then you put whatever time you need to set things up accordingly. Whatever the requirements are you go with what is in place at the time, but you need a good set date to plan, and prepare. If something changes mid-stream then you work with it, for better or worse. 

But the key is find something, think it through and then go with it. Then focus on that date and piece it together... otherwise you'll just end up fucking it off.

Just now, Bazle said:

Personally, I'd do it about 2 weeks before. That way, you have time to resolve any problems that might arise, for example, with your insurance. 

There is no fee for the TP, and no reason why you should not apply more than once. 

I believe there was a 7 day before and a 7 day after window. I am not sure that has changed with the upcoming "update".

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I did mine as early as allowed, leaving it to the last minute just adds to the stress levels. Get all of your ducks in a row and it should be plain sailing.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I believe there was a 7 day before and a 7 day after window. I am not sure that has changed with the upcoming "update".

I have just got mine three and a half weeks before I fly. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The 7 day window is around your approved Pass arrival Date. Nothing to do with the application date mate.

I'm just back from a 2 hour walk .....but this time my little fat hairy legs had to carry the combined weight of my big fat wobbly belly, my jiggling titties and all my shopping, up and down the steps of a footbridge...

Therefore I am not at all embarrassed to say that I skulled a bottle of Siam Sato before 9am....Not as a reward of course but to replace the nutrients I lost by sweating!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Bazle said:

I have just got mine three and a half weeks before I fly. 

Think you have answered my query - you can apply for the Thailand Pass well in advance of travel although the validity will be 7 days before and 7 days after the proposed departure.

Not going till 21 July so will probably look at applying around 01 July when any updates will have been approved which hopefully will include the fact that I may no longer need to apply for a Thailand Pass.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Think you have answered my query - you can apply for the Thailand Pass well in advance of travel although the validity will be 7 days before and 7 days after the proposed departure.

20220522_093421.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just back from the hospital where I had an appointment in Gastroenterology.  About 2 years ago a locum at my doctors thought I might have a rare liver problem (only he thought that).  Must have had about 6 blood tests over the last 2 years with no obvious sign of any problems, even had an ultrasound that confirmed my liver looked good (and my kidneys and gall bladder),

Anyhow 6 months ago I was called to see a consultant in gastroenterology and thought why.  Well it covers the liver so along I trot, ended up just having a blood test which didn't cause a need to return but today was just the 6 month follow up.  Had another blood test (needle in side of wrist, not had it that way before) and told he will send me for a CT scan on my liver to confirm there are no problems.  I was happy with that but felt a bit of a fraud for the time taken up when there are people with real issues who can't get to an appointment.

Anyhow, other than a border line Thyroid result and a possible scarring of the liver from a previous Hep A virus all looks good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Flying into Krabi in a couple of weeks, expecting it to be similar as above, though have joined a couple of Krabi FB groups, seems plenty is open, if not busy.  I''m probably selfish, but that suits me :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1