What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

On our way to Bristol Airport to catch a flight to Fuerteventura for a much needed break. On route we have stopped off for a Premier Inn brekkie, as much as you want for £9.50 per head.

20220518_102533.jpg

20220518_102538.jpg

20220518_101609.jpg

20220518_101605.jpg

20220518_103850.jpg

20220518_101628.jpg

Safe travels mate.

Bad planning weather wise, have been waiting in for 3 deliveries today. It's 28 degrees here and I have to cut the grass and clean the pond filter. Two deliveries have rocked up so hopefully the other will release me to get outside to enjoy the sun.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

On our way to Bristol Airport to catch a flight to Fuerteventura for a much needed break. On route we have stopped off for a Premier Inn brekkie, as much as you want for £9.50 per head.

20220518_102533.jpg

20220518_102538.jpg

20220518_101609.jpg

20220518_101605.jpg

20220518_103850.jpg

20220518_101628.jpg

Have a great trip, hope to catch up soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just back from a 2 hour walk (and skulled half a bottle of ice cold Sato!).

It was harder than normal for the last 30 minutes (Ooooh Matron!) because on the spur of the moment  I popped in to buy a 3 litre box of Nadin for 880 baht @12%.

It is the first time in 18 Months that I have bought boxed wine here and I was pleased to see that it was 12% and not 10% and of course it was 880 baht! If those that can remember there was a point last year when the tax shot up so the main producers of boxed wine dropped the ABV to 10%.It looks like things returned to normal without me noticing!

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just back from a 2 hour walk (and skulled half a bottle of ice cold Sato!).

It was harder than normal for the last 30 minutes (Ooooh Matron!) because on the spur of the moment  I popped in to buy a 3 litre box of Nadin for 880 baht @12%.

It is the first time in 18 Months that I have bought boxed wine here and I was pleased to see that it was 12% and not 10% and of course it was 880 baht! If those that can remember there was a point last year when the tax shot up so the main producers of boxed wine dropped the ABV to 10%.It looks like things returned to normal without me noticing!

The Nadin has been in the fridge all day so I just poured a glass.....Absolutely fucking disgusting!!! Should have bought the Mont Clair for 920 baht...

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The Nadin has been in the fridge all day so I just poured a glass.....Absolutely fucking disgusting!!! Should have bought the Mont Clair for 920 baht...

Can't you mix it with something to adjust the flavour?.

I'm currently online in the search for a split type A/C unit for the house. Not cheap!

3 hours ago, Butch said:

given the news today, you're probably as pissed of as I am Baz.

Indeed. But not surprised. 

I've always said that the quasi-military government will be very reluctant to relinquish the TP as it gives them two things they've craved for years: making sure visitors have medical insurance, and a handle on the "dirty falangs" who are coming in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Indeed. But not surprised. 

I've always said that the quasi-military government will be very reluctant to relinquish the TP as it gives them two things they've craved for years: making sure visitors have medical insurance, and a handle on the "dirty falangs" who are coming in. 

The good thing about the CCSA announcements are that my wife and daughter no longer need to apply for a TP. They will though have travel insurance as normal when we go away.

Just me presently to register the TP but as I am not going till July that may yet not be something I need to be concerned with.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just back from a Jethro tull concert in sleepy old halmstad, Sweden. First time they ever appeared here. 55 years on the scene with many line up changes but they still produce the goods. 

We saw them I think in 2018 at The Royal Albert Hall,absolutely brilliant and at times totally off the wall.

There was a guy in full scuba diving gear wandering around the audience for most of the show and half way through Anderson did a sketch to promote prostate cancer testing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Just back from a Jethro tull concert in sleepy old halmstad, Sweden. First time they ever appeared here. 55 years on the scene with many line up changes but they still produce the goods. 

Outstanding....dam Ian Anderson still sounds pretty good. Seen them a few times over the years. He plays that flute like no other. 

I think a few bar girls I met over the years reminded me of "Cross Eyed Mary" LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just been shafted on Viagogo for £122 for a £60 ticket for The Cure at Wembley Arena in December.

Can't find any cheaper, seems sold out everywhere.

Be difficult to see a Cure show without Robert Smith.

55 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Outstanding....dam Ian Anderson still sounds pretty good. Seen them a few times over the years. He plays that flute like no other. 

I think a few bar girls I met over the years reminded me of "Cross Eyed Mary" LOL! 

555555555555555  !

You guys both know what a big fan I am of JT and Yes. 

Usually though I would opt for a handjob over a BJ. But maybe if I met this Mary girl I would reconsider.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The good thing about the CCSA announcements are that my wife and daughter no longer need to apply for a TP. They will though have travel insurance as normal when we go away.

Just me presently to register the TP but as I am not going till July that may yet not be something I need to be concerned with.

Do you know when that updated version will be good to go ?

They say June 1st.    But what if someone is actually catching the flight on June 1 ? You would need to have the OR code before the flight.

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Be difficult to see a Cure show without Robert Smith.

Only constant member of the band left. Don't normally pay above face value for tickets but made an exception for this gig.

Only £64 for the hotel so works out £30 cheaper than the Gary Numan gig a couple of weeks ago in total.

Edited by galenkia
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Do you know when that updated version will be good to go ?

They say June 1st.    But what if someone is actually catching the flight on June 1 ? You would need to have the OR code before the flight.

I am not sure but needs to be notified in Royal Gazette before the changes are valid.

I did see this today:

TAT Newsroom will be providing updates in detail via www.tatnews.org once the official directives have been announced in the Royal Thai Government Gazette.