What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just completed getting my house book and Thai ID card for our address in Rayong.  I started the process when we bought the new place here.  Covid landed before it was finished, and we had to start over a couple months ago as restrictions eased.

I find it interesting that a Thai ID for a citizen has their name and birthdate in Thai and English.  Mine is only in Thai.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Painter said:

Been threatening to do this ever since I moved in last year.... but been putting it off due to the number of doors to work around....

16565979672173572910259696393028.jpg

Good start, are you doing the ceilings as well, or just the walls (its not just that fantastic looking electric blue dado rail is it?)

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Good start, are you doing the ceilings as well, or just the walls (its not just that fantastic looking electric blue dado rail is it?)

Haha I thought that too and then realised it’s blue masking tape ( a proper painter). 👍

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

7 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Haha I thought that too and then realised it’s blue masking tape ( a proper painter). 👍

Ceilings were done before I had the flooring replaced, before I moved in. Ran out of time to do the walls then.

The masking tape is there because I'm lazy, and can't be bothered to spend hours cutting it in properly. Got burnt using the paper stuff once... get it wet and leave it overnight and it's impossible to remove! This blue stuff has been up a couple of days already.

Edited by Painter

I just got back from taking my 2010 Merc to our local dealer for a safety recall,new airbags fitted FOC.

That must be costing someone an awful lot of money,it's not just MB my wife's Nissan had it done recently as well.

17 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I just got back from taking my 2010 Merc to our local dealer for a safety recall,new airbags fitted FOC.

That must be costing someone an awful lot of money,it's not just MB my wife's Nissan had it done recently as well.

I spent 15 years in the motor trade and the number of recalls is unreal. Lot of them over safety as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Off to meet my mate then heading to Reading to see a couple of 80's metal tribute bands, Poison and Motley Crue.

Great night, really enjoyed it. Proper loud as well,ears are ringing. Just like 80's gig's.🤣

IMG_20220701_194814.jpg

IMG_20220701_212712.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've just put a bit of brisket in the slow cooker, it'll be in there for 8 hours. It has been marinating overnight in Worcester sauce and Jamaican spices. I did some gravy with a good splash of homebrew red and inserted some garlic cloves into the meat. Hopefully it'll be OK for my aging teeth!

I'm now gonna have a shave and give myself a damn good scrub down because my daughter is down from Bangkok and is taking me out for lunch....may be PBG if I'm lucky!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just put a bit of brisket in the slow cooker, it'll be in there for 8 hours. It has been marinating overnight in Worcester sauce and Jamaican spices. I did some gravy with a good splash of homebrew red and inserted some garlic cloves into the meat. Hopefully it'll be OK for my aging teeth!

I'm now gonna have a shave and give myself a damn good scrub down because my daughter is down from Bangkok and is taking me out for lunch....may be PBG if I'm lucky!

PBG? 

Have a great day

I had a great lunch in PBG but it was nothing like pre-covid ..... and why should it be with very few tourists around and they are still restarting the operation!???

I love this place for so many reasons and was very pleased that my daughter decided to take me there!

On my return I took a sip of my beef brisket in the slow cooker and the wine has added a delicious rich flavour to it...so it is off the heat now to be put in the fridge later for the fat to be removed then dig in tomorrow!!!

Funniest point of the day was seeing the advertisement for RAGE and seeing Flowers looking totally out of place at the back. It reminded me of a Primary school project where we each had to colour in a character then they were stuck together in a Montage.  It really is cheap and tacky but at the end of the day it is really only advertising long stay education visas for the under 50s so it does the job.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I had a great lunch in PBG but it was nothing like pre-covid ..... and why should it be with very few tourists around and they are still restarting the operation!???

I love this place for so many reasons and was very pleased that my daughter decided to take me there!

On my return I took a sip of my beef brisket in the slow cooker and the wine has added a delicious rich flavour to it...so it is off the heat now to be put in the fridge later for the fat to be removed then dig in tomorrow!!!

Funniest point of the day was seeing the advertisement for RAGE and seeing Flowers looking totally out of place at the back. It reminded me of a Primary school project where we each had to colour in a character then they were stuck together in a Montage.  It really is cheap and tacky but at the end of the day it is really only advertising long stay education visas for the under 50s so it does the job.

Always liked to go there early afternoon for a late lunch, food was always good, plus nice looking out over the sea.

One of my favourite places.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wife at work so I am playing host to a friend of Kataleya coming around in an hour. I need to be the responsible adult looking after two 7 year olds; I know I will need a beer tonight when the wife comes home at 7 pm.

They are upstairs now, sound they are coming through the ceiling. They have supplies of crisps, Oreo biscuits, Oreo doughnuts and coke, thankfully it is Kataleya's snack day. 3 hours and counting before I get relieved by the wife.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just about to shower, than a couple of 50 Baht beers in Zero bar

then going to try and enter the largest Agogo in Pattaya, the recently

commissioned ''Escape''......lol........(Tree Town) I just know it's going to be s..t

but I'll take one for the team....lol...Update tomorrow in the correct section.....lol....

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1