What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Home with a kebab from the pub to watch the snooker with a nice bottle of red.

When's fishing season start..?

. . .

Things are opening up here in California...

Screenshot 2023-04-29 143136.jpg

"Today is opening day of fishing season in the Eastern Sierra, CA and there is still so much snow. As Kush famously says in Jerry McGuire "I'll fish or ski." In the Eastern Sierra right now, you can do both... This photo is of Bridgeport Reservoir in Bridgeport, CA with the mighty Sawtooth Ridge & The 12,285' Matterhorn in the background."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CroR-REOorw/

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, lazarus said:

It's been too cold and wet for me to spend time on the bank, the fish are only just starting to wake up and move about, with water temps rising above 10 degrees they are now able to digest protein in food. 

The temps are lifting over the weekend and into next week, so I plan to start on Tuesday.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

. . .

Things are opening up here in California...

"Today is opening day of fishing season in the Eastern Sierra, CA and there is still so much snow. As Kush famously says in Jerry McGuire "I'll fish or ski." In the Eastern Sierra right now, you can do both... This photo is of Bridgeport Reservoir in Bridgeport, CA with the mighty Sawtooth Ridge & The 12,285' Matterhorn in the background."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CroR-REOorw/

Matt, cannot imagine how much water Lake Tahoe will get this spring with the run off.  Wish I could take a speed boat out there again, was a blast!  Emerald Bay will look great too.....perhaps Mr. Boydeste can fly me out there and we can do some "fishing"? LOL!  @boydeste

IMG_5537 2.jpg

IMG_5544 2 (1).jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5871.jpg

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

On 4/29/2023 at 7:56 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Was that during Covid? Apparently they will reopen everything this month ...

I am more interested in drinking 1,500 baht worth of wine before my flight... Will that be possible ??

This was last week 24/4/23. Yes it is possible but a limited selection and more plonk than wine.
I have used this lounge when I was a Priority Pass member and it was ok but as I paid for a business class ticket I was hoping for better. The upper floor, which previously I found more comfortable, is now for first class passengers only.

There is still fun to be had people watching as they pass to and from flights. I noticed several small Asian women who had carry on bags which were enormous and I wondered how they were going to lift them into the overhead locker, Surprisingly they were headed for an Air Asia flight whom I would have thought would have made them put it in the hold and pay for the privilege.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've continued with yesterday's efforts preparing for my trip to UK by scanning a copy of my Covid vaccine so that I will have a copy on my PC ..

I'm presuming that there are no longer any vaccine checks on arrival at LHR though .....????

You presume correct sir, but things can change quickly and you never know what you may need to return back to Thailand. I travel with mine just in case too.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Matt, cannot imagine how much water Lake Tahoe will get this spring with the run off.  Wish I could take a speed boat out there again, was a blast!  Emerald Bay will look great too.....perhaps Mr. Boydeste can fly me out there and we can do some "fishing"? LOL!  @boydeste

IMG_5537 2.jpg

IMG_5544 2 (1).jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5871.jpg

Looks fantastic mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Binlid said:

Trying to avoid poking my tongue into a cavern that's been left in my gum after having a huge molar removed at Pattaya Smile this morning, I left armed with antibiotics and painkillers.

But today is Sunday, aren't they closed..??

Is this Pattaya Smile on 3rd road ..??

EDIT = I was thinking Dental Smile, sorry...I hope you recover quickly and painlessly ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

But today is Sunday, aren't they closed..??

Is this Pattaya Smile on 3rd road ..??

EDIT = I was thinking Dental Smile, sorry...I hope you recover quickly and painlessly ..

Cheers DD, I am off on the razz shortly, if the paracetamol don't keep the pain away I will just have to resort to a few swift Jamesons. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Trying to avoid poking my tongue into a cavern that's been left in my gum after having a huge molar removed at Pattaya Smile this morning, I left armed with antibiotics and painkillers.

A few years ago I had a molar removed. Pain went away after a few days, but it took weeks before I got used to the empty space that once housed a tooth.

One thing the dentist warned me about when it was pulled and I passed on an implant to replace it is the surrounding teeth will spread out a bit. Not much, but enough that food is more easily trapped in the very small gap between some of the teeth. Just need to floss more often to keep the gaps clean.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A few years ago I had a molar removed. Pain went away after a few days, but it took weeks before I got used to the empty space that once housed a tooth.

One thing the dentist warned me about when it was pulled and I passed on an implant to replace it is the surrounding teeth will spread out a bit. Not much, but enough that food is more easily trapped in the very small gap between some of the teeth. Just need to floss more often to keep the gaps clean.

These are great for cleaning in between teeth and keeping the gums healthy 

https://www.tepedirect.com/product-category/interdental-brushes/?gclid=CjwKCAjwo7iiBhAEEiwAsIxQEacpbKoL_FRanSEOb7WqwnH05YbXjCSOaBc8j3VLKq059byVkb062hoC-z4QAvD_BwE

Off the booze for a while as I have been diagnosed with a large nasal polyp. Thought I had sinusitis for over 2 months but 2 courses of antibiotics and different nasal sprays and a few rinses failed to stop my congestion.

Eventually went to a doctor who diagnosed a nasal polyp and has said I need to go to ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) for an examination. Doctor worried that the polyp may stop we breathing through my nose.

Nobody told me to come off the booze but after having a few beers since the diagnosis and reading up on alcohol, I realised that drinking beer is not good for the nasal passages. Alcohol can swell the lining of the nasal passage and there are histamines present as well, which are not beneficial if you already congested.

I get so bunged up when drinking the slightest amount of beer that I will wait until I am sorted which hopefully will be within a few weeks.

If I could have seen a doctor 3 months ago when this first started I am sure it would have been sorted by now.

• Sad 2