What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Prying my eyes open after an epic day of drinking yesterday. Had fun watching the madness for one day, happy it's over with until next year.

Apparently it is not over ...

I did an extremely slow and very painful 7km walk/shuffle nice and early this morning..All was clear ... but I've just seen 2 fully laden pickups heading out from the slums... no idea where they are headed ..

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I did an extremely slow and very painful 7km walk/shuffle nice and early this morning..All was clear ... but I've just seen 2 fully laden pickups heading out from the slums... no idea where they are headed ..

The water fights move to Bang Saray today. Guessing that's where they're heading.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I think the insurance covers for most accidents including riding a bike, it is whether you are licenced to ride the bike that matters and the majority are not.

I have a UK driving licence that covers me for small cc bikes but nothing like 125cc, so you are not legally allowed to ride a bike in Thailand even if the bike company lets you hire one. It's a good get out clause for your travel insurance company.

Took me years to realise that having a UK car driving licence doesn't allow me to ride a higher cc motorbike in Thailand . A friendly BIB advised me I was riding illegally; I went straight to route 36 centre to get a Thai licence.

Yep your right dave,as i just been looking at their gold package,must have held a motorbike license for 3 years

Motorcycling as a rider or passenger on a machine 125cc or under (You must wear a crash helmet and, as a rider, have held a motorcycle licence for at least 3 years and are conviction free)

Geez ive been riding pcx and various other bikes nothing under 125cc for over 15 years,never even had a buddha hanging on the bike,well i might just go get a thai bike license,is this poss on a 30 day ? i wonder,ill be hiring a car for a week anyhow to drive to kanchanburi so less time on the bike,i know my gf hasnt a license either lol tit.

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sattahip , their day is the 20th iirc 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Yep your right dave,as i just been looking at their gold package,must have held a motorbike license for 3 years

Motorcycling as a rider or passenger on a machine 125cc or under (You must wear a crash helmet and, as a rider, have held a motorcycle licence for at least 3 years and are conviction free)

Geez ive been riding pcx and various other bikes nothing under 125cc for over 15 years,never even had a buddha hanging on the bike,well i might just go get a thai bike license,is this poss on a 30 day ? i wonder,ill be hiring a car for a week anyhow to drive to kanchanburi so less time on the bike,i know my gf hasnt a license either lol tit.

Nobody in my wife's family has a licence and they all ride bikes but mainly around the jungle away from the main roads. 

I will be renewing my licence probably on a 30 day licence so presume you will be able to get a new Thai licence in a similar way. I just feel more comfortable having a Thai driving licence, usually gets me waved on, both on my car and also on my bike when stopped. There's seems to be a certain respect given to those with a Thai licence, maybe just my perception but I believe it is beneficial.

• Thumbs Up 1

Been a busy afternoon putting new line on my distance casting reels and sorting my bag out for a trip next week to my big lake.

Also decided to give the back of my van a clean, it's nice to start the season off with new line and a clean van.

Watching Selby and Selt battle it out, then will go for a walk.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

4.3 miles? Pretty impressive, even early in the morning in this oppressive humidity. Well done. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

4.3 miles? Pretty impressive, even early in the morning in this oppressive humidity. Well done. 

First walk in a Month too!!!

I mainly walked on the Baht Bus route in case I had to take a break but I was also very conscious of my Sciatica returning with the jolting so just kept going !

EDIT = I wasn't carrying any weight on my back either as my shopping tasks were stocking up on medicine for UK..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 1

Being cold and wet most days since I have been home is a drag.

Had breakfast with a couple of mates this morning, then went for a 2 mile walk before settling down to watch the grudge match on TV.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Surprised 1