What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Painter said:

Spoke too soon!

A gentle April shower has just hit, with guests of 55 knots. One drowned rat has just returned home from shopping.

20230412_142437.jpg

We have had a mixed bag too, hail, rain and sun, but the wind has been well strong!

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Well it's been a good day financially, just found out that the council owe me £1990 to be paid within the next 2 weeks.

It really helps as we get towards summer and holidays need paying for.

Wow, how did that come about ?

Sad day, I finally gave up on playing Farm Heroes Saga. Been playing for about a year to just get my brain active. Bit of an addictive game but I was I getting to the point I was not moving on quick enough so I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Gave up at game 4059.

Will I be playing for another year?

Screenshot_2023-04-11-23-54-31-36_36faf6a2e0bfffebabcb1479357edb02.jpg

People complain about price increases in LOS but ....

I was just looking at a Hotel I stayed at in Mallorca last year , price was €136 ( THB 5,100 ) a night , very nice hotel , great location ... just looked for the same time this year .... €240 ( THB 9,000 ) a night .... 😮

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 5

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I was just looking at a Hotel I stayed at in Mallorca last year , price was €136 ( THB 5,100 ) a night , very nice hotel , great location ... just looked for the same time this year .... €240 ( THB 9,000 ) a night .... 😮

Were we just coming out of covid at that time ? might be the reason,same when i went to grindelwald september 2 years ago had a nice hotel with great view of eiger,had a look last year it was 3 times the price,i know covid was the reason i got cheaper price back then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Were we just coming out of covid at that time ? might be the reason,same when i went to grindelwald september 2 years ago had a nice hotel with great view of eiger,had a look last year it was 3 times the price,i know covid was the reason i got cheaper price back then.

That's true , I think you needed certificates to travel back then , although things were getting busier ... looks like I was lucky , don't think I'll be staying there again .. 555

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

12 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

That's true , I think you needed certificates to travel back then , although things were getting busier ... looks like I was lucky , don't think I'll be staying there again .. 555

Sadly my favourite hotel in Bangkok, where we're staying now has pretty much doubled in price since we were first there in June last year. 

It's Covid. Well, before Covid we had looked at it but thought too pricey. Then last year when just started opening up again, great prices. Then steadily increased, this trip by about 50% which we booked December.

But I feared the worst when China opened up again, as hotel and accompanying duty free caters to monied Chinese. Now it's doubled.

We'll still stay here, but a couple of nights here and there, not full weeks st a time like now, sadly. They're now looking £140+ a night, one room. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 2

18 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I stayed at the Royal River hotel back in Sept last year, convenient location at the time and great room for me and my 2 boys. Now the price has more than doubled and back to struggling a bit for good family accommodation at a reasonable price221118103051HQHR.png.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

Just been trying to book Finnair business class for Helsinki - Bangkok for August but there is no availability for any class through July/August, not even economy. I can book Premium Economy in September both out and back for 120,000 miles plus EUR38 which is something I am thinking about. 

Really wanted business class but not sure waiting will see a change in the availability so might try out the Premium Economy. Looks OK on the A350.  Will leave me 69000 miles which may be OK for an upgrade nearer departure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Been waiting in all day for a delivery of 3 parcels from the same place, all shipped together for next day delivery via Fedex, fuckers delivered 1 of them around 1pm and nothing since. 6pm is the latest they can rock up and it's 1755 now. They ain't coming today.

Going to don my coat and umbrella and brave the rain for a walk and drown my sorrows with a few pints of Guinness. The weekend starts here!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Looking at hotels/ resorts in kanchanaburi on booking,no caves this time[i say now :)] tho taking the girl for a short holiday and hoping to stay somewhere nice close to the river with a good view,shes been working hard in hua hin and after 4 weeks offshore we both need to relax and spoil ourselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Looking at hotels/ resorts in kanchanaburi on booking,no caves this time[i say now :)] tho taking the girl for a short holiday and hoping to stay somewhere nice close to the river with a good view,shes been working hard in hua hin and after 4 weeks offshore we both need to relax and spoil ourselves.

I stayed at Natee The Riverfront Hotel , swim up room , but the higher floors have better views of the river 

great location, loved this place and would go back just to stay there again 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Stillearly said:

I stayed at Natee The Riverfront Hotel , swim up room , but the higher floors have better views of the river 

great location, loved this place and would go back just to stay there again 

Thanks se,ill have a look,swim up room sounds good. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

Just back after dropping 'er indoors at LHR for her belated trip home.

It had to happen sooner or later.She always takes a cabin suitcase,her handbag & a rucksack & they're always mega heavy.

This time she got an anal bag drop clerk who said she couldn't take all 3 and wanted to weigh the ones she was taking,which of course were too heavy.So she got her cabin suitcase down to an acceptable weight then as soon as she got her boarding pass & was out of sight of the anal one she loaded it up again.

& Her handbag is now full of chocolate😂.

• Haha 4

Reading a post from The Scottish mountain rescue fb page regarding a number of serious incidents have occurred on the mountains around scotland this last few weeks with people underprepared for their hikes,one photo is of an asian looks chinese who set off to do ben nevis a few days ago but did not return to his car,still 3 or 4 others missing on various mountains aswell.

• Sad 2

I'm still getting the benefit of a covid times room rate negotiated at a hotel in Sri Racha I go to regularly.  I message to ask availability at my usual price and it's still getting honoured, despite prices I see on Agoda being well over twice as much nowadays.

Just lucky to have been in the right place at the right time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Been waiting in all day for a delivery of 3 parcels from the same place, all shipped together for next day delivery via Fedex, fuckers delivered 1 of them around 1pm and nothing since. 6pm is the latest they can rock up and it's 1755 now. They ain't coming today.

Going to don my coat and umbrella and brave the rain for a walk and drown my sorrows with a few pints of Guinness. The weekend starts here!

Fuckers were supposed to deliver an important package to me, was to be delivered by the 12th. !2th came and went, nothing. I was home all day.

Next day went to the gate and discovered a notice they had left. The c**t couldn't even ring the friggen doorbell. The notice said they would not be able to deliver the package until the 17th. WTF ? Five extra days because of the holiday. I can't believe I paid for this shit.

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just been trying to book Finnair business class for Helsinki - Bangkok for August but there is no availability for any class through July/August, not even economy. I can book Premium Economy in September both out and back for 120,000 miles plus EUR38 which is something I am thinking about. 

Really wanted business class but not sure waiting will see a change in the availability so might try out the Premium Economy. Looks OK on the A350.  Will leave me 69000 miles which may be OK for an upgrade nearer departure. 

I will add that the availability only applies for award flights using miles....oops

Just ordered new hearing aids ahead of my trip back to the US in May. Ordered the Jabra Enhance Select 200.

What sold me on this brand is they're geared towards remote hearing tests, consultations and re-programming as needed. Perfect for those of us living overseas.

My last pair of hearing aids crapped out on me just before the pandemic. Looked into buying here, but the better quality aids are far more expensive than what the I can get in the US.

Looking forward to no more, huh what did you say, when conversing with friends in noisy environments.

• Like 1