What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just arrived at my hotel for the night in France and found a grill place nearby for dinner. 

Looking forward to getting back to the hotel to enjoy a cool beer. I won't drink any alcohol at all whilst driving. 

What?

You're in France and you're going to pass up a bit rioting and looting?

I'm size 8 Nike Air Max, cash ready, you know it makes sense ...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 6

Finding an excuse to go back to my dentist….sharp young lady but she made the hygienist do all the work last time, didn’t really see her. Checked the website just now……me likey!

She won’t love me long time……❤️😥

BTW….. Nguyen has become the most common surname in Montreal 

IMG_2046.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/29/2023 at 4:29 PM, forcebwithu said:

Going through the tedious process of reinstalling Windows 11 on my one month old laptop.

My system has been crashing on a more frequent basis. Not sure if it's some bit of hardware going bad or a corrupted OS file(s). Figure since the new laptop has been ungodly slow booting up I try a clean reinstall first.

Keeping my fingers crossed I don't brick my laptop.

It appears the reinstall on Windows did the trick. It's been over a day now and no more critical errors reported in Event Viewer.

Quite happy it wasn't a hardware issue, but instead was probably a corrupted OS registry. That would be on me as a couple of weeks ago I tried to manually remove all traces of a bad install of Acronis backup software. That required using regedit, a very risky thing to do if you know just enough to be dangerous. That would be me. :default_biggrin:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It appears the reinstall on Windows did the trick. It's been over a day now and no more critical errors reported in Event Viewer.

Quite happy it wasn't a hardware issue, but instead was probably a corrupted OS registry. That would be on me as a couple of weeks ago I tried to manually remove all traces of a bad install of Acronis backup software. That required using regedit, a very risky thing to do if you know just enough to be dangerous. That would be me. :default_biggrin:

image.png

Yep, perhaps you should seek advice from this fella ..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Going to the "jacked up" Japanese Auto Car Show at Impact today with a buddy. 

Hoping this beauty is there, have not been to this show since 2018.

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

It is a cute car.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Just woke up to a wet morning here in Central France.

Checking out of the hotel soon to go do some shopping,  then terrorise the carp for a week.

What’s the feeling in France about all the riots and disorder or are you totally isolated from that ?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Thinking they've got a cracking day for it...

Mind you, the wind and rain yesterday meant they abandoned without leaving the beach.

20230701_104641.jpg

Mind you, they aren't the only ly ones racing today....

Screenshot_20230701-120313_MarineTraffic.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, AJSP said:

What’s the feeling in France about all the riots and disorder or are you totally isolated from that ?

So far we are isolated from it, although there was a big concert in Laon last night and armed military guarded the entrance with quite big guns.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

Will hit the gym in an hour or so, will get back then sort through 276 pics from yesterday. Always fun LOL! 

The sexy car wash is not to be missed. I took 43 pictures of this girl alone.....yeah I know,  a Leopard never loses its spots 😇

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8546.JPG

IMG_8547.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

I'm just back from a 2 and 1/2 hour walk....Not very successful though..

- My Sato shop only had 2 cold bottles of Siam Sato as I got there 8am on the dot and they hadn't replenished the fridge. I have skulled one already, one is mixed with my cold mont clair, 2 others are in the fridge for later.

- I stopped off on Soi Pothole and booked myself a room for next Saturday's U21s Final ... Putting a curse on them ...

- I walked in a big loop to my wine shop on Pattaya Tai.... but it was closed

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just out of the hospital, quick meeting with internal medicine. All is good, maybe I will even be taken off my Beta Blocker completely in a few months. Was a KFC across the street, UBER had a 2 for 1, so I‘m now waiting for Hungary’s  🇭🇺 finest

• Thumbs Up 1

Just off the phone to Virgin Media, a happier man.

I have been on a broadband only (home) package at £26 for the last 18 months with the package due to go up to £51 in August. I was told a while back to call today, which is 30 days before the end of the present contract to cancel or negotiate.  I said that I didn't want to pay £51 and could they offer a better deal as I have been quoted £20 by BT (although for a lessor speed).

I don't have a TV package, just broadband, although the present package included a landline number I have never used (no phone). I was first talking to an Indian girl who quoted £43 and I said, no thank you. I told her about the BT offer and after putting me on hold, she passed me through to another department where, thankfully, I was talking to a guy talking perfect English that I could understand.

More or less straightaway, the guy told me I was a good customer, he checked a few details about what devices I had using the broadband, he then offered me a new 18 month package at £25 a month. The present package was M100 Fiber and now I will be on M125 Fiber.

Happy to stay with Virgin who have been 99% reliable for the last 4 years so result for me. Small saving but good deal. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5