What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Good to see you posting again 👍

are they planning on redeveloping the area you live ?

The rumour is that they will build a large apartment block.. No idea why because all the ones in this part of town are empty.

It hasn't flooded here for a couple of years due to The Government doing whatever The Government did, so perhaps they felt safe to kick us out and build on it.

I have been very happy here. Some of my friends are out and about looking for similar areas to move to. I'll just tag along when they have things sorted... Earlier on tonight they said there was a place renting land at 500 Baht a month !!! Lush !!

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The rumour is that they will build a large apartment block.. No idea why because all the ones in this part of town are empty.

It hasn't flooded here for a couple of years due to The Government doing whatever The Government did, so perhaps they felt safe to kick us out and build on it.

I have been very happy here. Some of my friends are out and about looking for similar areas to move to. I'll just tag along when they have things sorted... Earlier on tonight they said there was a place renting land at 500 Baht a month !!! Lush !!

Good to see you back.

Sorry to here you have to move.

Rain has baited, so on the way home, happened past a Domino pizza, not had one for ages. 11.99 for a large mighty meaty.

See how it turns out. Only 10 minutes to wait, then home with a bottle of red

Edit only 3 mins20230805_192321.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sitting on the balcony of my hotel room in Pefkos, Rhodes watching a few planes go high above us. I am also looking for the Perseids meteors, they have been hitting our atmosphere since about 24 July but will be hitting around 60 an hour from 08-14 August.

Saw 3 last night and so far, two tonight. Kataleya  really excited, helps to have a really clear sky. Retiring now though.

• Like 2

Worked again last night, woke up around 1145 to another gorgeous day - sunny and breezy with just a hint of woodsmoke smell in the air - really starting to wonder why I am working this night job and wasting the nicest summer we've had in years, seems I am either recovering from the previous night's work or resting up for the next and now we have cooler and wetter weather forecast for my next days off. I've already committed to seeing this year's employment out but I think I will either scale it back a lot next year or just quit it completely and do some summertime travel for a change. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've been having problems with my PC over the last few weeks but am back on line now.

On a personal note: During that time everybody in the area I live have received eviction notices in the form of two bloody great signs for all to see. I already have 3 alternatives lined up so no problem for me but my friends are struggling ...

Hope it goes well for all of you mate. Life can be fucking shit at time’s. And it’s fucking shit for me currently.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, galenkia said:

Living the dream, fucking drenched walking back from town.

Have to go back out later to my sisters house.

Fucking great summer!.

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg

Wear shorts your legs dry a lot quicker than jeans and are more comfortable. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks mate!

As I posted earlier I had a problem with my PC...The data cable between the keyboard and screen had been infected with the Coprolalia Virus which caused me to type random 4 letter expletives.

I washed it out with soap and water like my Mum used to do and it seems to have fixed the problem apart from the the occasional f**k-shit-cock-arse bursting out whilst it dries out .......

Poof!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

Very wise words, I have buried both my parents and a few of my best mates in the last few years. 

Life is brutal at times and getting old sucks, but we have a choice, stay strong, mourn and move on or give up.

Cheers mate.... Get through it an move on. That's what they would want you to do. 

Hold onto their love.

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Very wise words, I have buried both my parents and a few of my best mates in the last few years. 

Life is brutal at times and getting old sucks, but we have a choice, stay strong, mourn and move on or give up.

Jan is all I have,and I’m going to have to bury her next to her 18 year old daughter Jenny.

f**k me, not looking forward to that.

It’s why my counselor is so concerned about me. She worries I’m going to sell destruct.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Jan is all I have,and I’m going to have to bury her next to her 18 year old daughter Jenny.

It’s why my counselor is so concerned about me. She worries I’m going to sell destruct.

My heart goes out to you mate. I think that you are in dire need of a man hug!

I live a solitary life through choice but when I have the need to share problems I have my sons and daughter. To be without them I don't know how I could manage the rough times.

When this stage of your life is over you just have to concentrate on creating a new life for yourself ...Easy Eh???

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Following on from an unexpected roadside haul last week in Dorset, 

IMG_9788.jpeg

my wife sourced the net this week and concluded that mushroom season had come earlier due to the wet weather. We duely headed out today to the Forest of Dean on the hunt, alas, not much success foraging. Some old stuff and a few unedibles 

that’s it for now as off to Thailand in a few days so we’ll check back in early September 

IMG_9834.jpegIMG_9826.jpegIMG_9834.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

I was trying to service a tap (some may prefer faucet). But i couldn't get it apart, now the plan is changing the tap - not cheap for a kitchen mixer tap.

20230806_133442.jpg

They are prone to corrosion, I had to cut my sink mixer tap off with a grinding disk and drop it out the bottom the last time I changed it.

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My heart goes out to you mate. I think that you are in dire need of a man hug!

I live a solitary life through choice but when I have the need to share problems I have my sons and daughter. To be without them I don't know how I could manage the rough times.

When this stage of your life is over you just have to concentrate on creating a new life for yourself ...Easy Eh???

I’m similar,spend most time alone unless I’m with Jan.

A part of me died inside after my girlfriend Grace’s death, lost the ability to get really close to people.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

It's brutal mate.

You will take solace in the fact that you are spending so much time with her right now and that is priceless. 

• Thumbs Up 5