What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Less than a hour back in Sweden from an eventful 3 week trip to BKK. 

First call, my tenants in England telling me the electrics are dangerous and needs a new fuse box at least. 

Second... The lad who's looked after my cats whilst away as tried to feed them the wrong food so a quick trip next door to the supermarket for the correct stuff. 

Thirdly, my late mates wife calling me asking for money yet again as she's skint... Yet again. Long and sad story really but I cannot lend her anymore as I know it's being used to enable her junkie younger son. I could write a new topic alone on that one. 

Now... Having a couple of early beers before a well deserved nap. 

Ps... SAS have started direct from BKK to Copenhagen again for the first time in 9 years. We were on only the second departure from Swampy. Lovely new A350 but you get f**k all for your money in economy ( not that you get much anyways). No choice of food plus only one soft drink with supper. Alcohol had to be paid for and at £5 for a small can of Carlsberg they can do one! 

They did however walk around the cabin offering water between supper and breakfast. Wow! 

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

12 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Topping up ting tongs brake fluid as back brake was non responsive,and her back tyre at 12psi ! ,funking idiot she is,,and she wonders why uses more fuel ,,off to look for pcx after this.

16988059895354949130866938673634.jpg

On my visits to Pattaya I've noticed many people riding around on motorbikes and bicycles with under inflated tires - or bicycle riders with seats put down too low to be able to pedal properly, also...

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

On my visits to Pattaya I've noticed many people riding around on motorbikes and bicycles with under inflated tires - or bicycle riders with seats put down too low to be able to pedal properly, also...

I got a puncture on the MC once. Late in the evening so I just pulled in at the first roadside MC repair shop I found. No problem, back wheel off, puncture repaired, back wheel back on and I was on my way home.

Next morning I checked the pressure. 80PSI!

Perhaps they work on the theory that if you overinflate the tyre you only have to do it once per year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Having a few snack s and a beer at cha am beach before going to the restaurant,great way just to relax ,we always sit across from raya coffe as can use the toilet when hiring chairs 60bht for 2.

16989208585698541967301278904232.jpg20231102_172412.jpg20231102_172418.jpg20231102_171153.jpg

Nice one. I'm thinking about spending a couple of days up there on my next HH visit.

• Like 3

Nursing both arms aching today. It won't last for long hopefully. I had a Covid booster vaccine in my left arm and the Flu Jab vaccination in the other arm at the same time yesterday afternoon. . Other than that, I feel OK with the exception of feeling more tired than usual. Anyway  that's out of the way for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, tko said:

After several beautiful days of blue skies and hot temperatures.  I agreed that we could go to the beach at Ban Phe tomorrow.

I've just sort of agreed to go to Mae Ram Phueng Bech not far from there.  Trouble is I have no idea how I'm going to get there!

Just now, KWA said:

I've just sort of agreed to go to Mae Ram Phueng Bech not far from there.  Trouble is I have no idea how I'm going to get there!

Actually Mae Ram Phueng beach extends into Ban Phe on the western side of the district.  That's where we're going, weather permitting.  A place called Pama resort does outstanding seafood served at tables right on the beach.

Are you driving?  If so take 36 to Sukhumvit (3) in Rayong, go east to 1001, turn right and it'll take you right  to Mae Ram Phueng beach.  The Ban Phe section is about 7.5km east along the  coast and is better maintained (cleaned).

59 minutes ago, tko said:

Are you driving?  If so take 36 to Sukhumvit (3) in Rayong, go east to 1001, turn right and it'll take you right  to Mae Ram Phueng beach.

Not driving.  I'll get a bus or a Bolt but it looks like the beach is quite long so hope I end up in the right area.

13 minutes ago, KWA said:

Not driving.  I'll get a bus or a Bolt but it looks like the beach is quite long so hope I end up in the right area.

I use [email protected], tel: 085 747 4542 for trips between Rayong city and central Pattaya, because I don't like to drive in central Pattaya.  You might give them a try.  If you do, tell them Gary from Rayong sent you 😀

I've been using them for years and they charge me 1KBaht each way.  Mae Ram Phueng is farther out so it may be more.  Especially if you're going to the Ban Phe part of the beach

Edited by tko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was supposed to return to work tonight after five weeks off, but damned if I don't have  the flu now so that is out of the question. I just got Covid and flu jabs on the 26th and ironically, the same thing happened to me last year - one week after my flu jab I got sick, and it was right on the eve of my departure to Thailand; thankfully it didn't hit me fully until I was already landed as I had transited through Hong Kong which was still on full Covid alert at that time...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

I was supposed to return to work tonight after five weeks off, but damned if I don't have  the flu now so that is out of the question. I just got Covid and flu jabs on the 26th and ironically, the same thing happened to me last year - one week after my flu jab I got sick, and it was right on the eve of my departure to Thailand; thankfully it didn't hit me fully until I was already landed as I had transited through Hong Kong which was still on full Covid alert at that time...

I had the same thing this year, around a week after my flu jab I was rough for quite a while, infact I am still not 100% now.

• Surprised 1

This afternoon I cut the grass for the last time this year and cleaned the pond filter. Emptied the traps in the shed, 4 mice this week so far. 

I stripped out all of my fishing nets, bank sticks, rod pod and rods that returned from France wet and spread them out in my conservatory to dry. The van is now empty and ready to be collected ahead of my Winter travels.

I did some cloths shopping on the way home from my brunch, so I should be ready to pack a case to see how much unnecessary stuff weighs tomorrow!

Now after a couple of miles walking,  I am enjoying a nice pint of Old Original. 

Do I stay here and get pissed, or take a kebab home and open a nice bottle of red?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

How long does it take for a vaccine to work?

When we receive a vaccine, our immune system gets to work immediately to create antibodies and memory cells to fight the infection. On average, an immune response will take around 7 to 21 days.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/vaccines

9 hours ago, maipenrai said:

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

I had the same thing this year, around a week after my flu jab I was rough for quite a while, infact I am still not 100% now.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1