What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I had something similar to those x-country skis when I first took up the sport many decades ago. Had to use different waxes for the different temp and snow conditions. When they came out with waxless skis, what a godsend those were.

Is skikjøring on the menu for you to try?

image.jpeg

Unfortunately no, though I'm doing a 2 hour husky mushing trip on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hunting the Auroras tonight again, just tag along for free. Then doing ice fishing tomorrow. Whatever day I don't do the huskies, I'll do the snowmobiling. 

Feel so calm and at chilled already. 

• Great Info 1

23 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Cross country skiing is very popular where I live and we have some world-class trails quite close to town but I never really got into it myself.

Yea, I'm definitely gonna fit that in as well.

Snowshoe trekked to a hermits cabin this morning.

Guy was a photographic journalist, just decided he'd had enough of the world he knew. Went to the wilderness, built himself a 'cabin', lived his life out. 

He's dead now, though thankfully people are respectful. His cabin is pretty much as he had it, even still has his passport.

Some people are just built different.

20240218_115759.jpg

20240218_115802.jpg

20240218_115828.jpg

20240218_115854.jpg

20240218_115849.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

I really have fallen in love with them, having some nature in your life really makes a difference to your wellbeing.

I have never been very good with indoor plants. My parents were, dad even had a really cool indoor plant thing (can't remember the name of those dang things).

When the time is right (hopefully within the next 1-2 years) I am going to redo the outside garden area. Level it off with some good soil properly. Add some new plants, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Last night, I went with my brother and nephew to see a cover band called Absolute Bowie. Their first set was all Ziggy, and after the break they changed to more modern attire to play most of Bowie's later songs.

Small venue but great night. I wore my Bowie 1973 Ziggy concert tshirt which, amazingly, got a few ladies complimenting me. Even got a kiss on the cheek from a lovely lady as I was leaving, a bit of a shock but didn't take it further, must be getting old.

Hampton Hub is small but perfect for cover bands.

Will add videos if I work out how to make it less than 19mb, maybe somebody here can tell me how to do that as the two videos I want to put on are 50 and 80 mb.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, I managed to download, not great sound as just copied off a phone but live, it was great, the sound in the small venue was very atmospheric, I even moved my feet a little.

The lead guitarist's solo (Andy Marr) on Moonage Daydream was amazing, although I will always say the Mick Ronson live solo on 03 July 1973 was my favourite..  

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Tawandang....

A little tip -  this was the first time It's been just me & the missus so I had a 3L tower pretty much to myself.

The last couple of glasses got sickly sweet,never happened before because the tower went twice as fast.

PHOTO-2024-02-18-20-11-35.jpg

The Tawandang in Singapore was great, it closed down around 4 years ago and although i heard plans to open at a new location that has now gone quiet.

• Sad 1

Drove up to Korat,first time for me as a passenger I'm usually the driver but bro in law came & picked us up.There's a new motorway for about the last 70 or so klicks-the M6-fortunately it moves a lot faster than its namesake in England.

Quite a bit to do as the house has been empty since Oct 22 but we're just about to go to the Mall for some vitals.Top of the list is beer Chang👹....I'm fucking gagging for some.Hot as hell up here.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

16 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Well, I managed to download, not great sound as just copied off a phone but live, it was great, the sound in the small venue was very atmospheric, I even moved my feet a little.

The lead guitarist's solo (Andy Marr) on Moonage Daydream was amazing, although I will always say the Mick Ronson live solo on 03 July 1973 was my favourite..  

Well done. I would think that would be very enjoyable. Would be very cool to see that show and interact with other Bowie fans. I would certainly get hammered.

I saw Bowie three different tours. All of them were great.

----------------------------------------- a bit of a side story that I think I may have mentioned in the past here, regarding Bowie.

My brother went to the Ziggy show in 1972 at the Chicago Auditorium (Historic theatre, with brilliant sound and atmosphere. Most likely the only place that may compare would be Albert Hall. Both were built in the 1880's).

Following the show my bro went to an "after hours" party of some sort at a private residence (Brownstone type building, big stairs in front of building) not far from the Auditorium. 

Bro was on the steps, talking to some friends. Bro turned around and Bowie was standing there, hanging, just as anyone else.

If you ever come across a vid of theirs with decent sound then attach it to your post.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

Ice fishing on a frozen lake in Lapland.

Wild reindeer walking past, the silence, the at one with nature. 

Loads of small Perch, but it was the experience, just sitting there 'in the wonder' to quote a well known Pattaya chap lol

Wonderful!

20240219_105718.jpg

20240219_105511.jpg

20240219_110447.jpg

20240219_110443.jpg

20240219_111344.jpg

20240219_110815.jpg

20240219_110656.jpg

20240219_111240.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Well done. I would think that would be very enjoyable. Would be very cool to see that show and interact with other Bowie fans. I would certainly get hammered.

I saw Bowie three different tours. All of them were great.

----------------------------------------- a bit of a side story that I think I may have mentioned in the past here, regarding Bowie.

My brother went to the Ziggy show in 1972 at the Chicago Auditorium (Historic theatre, with brilliant sound and atmosphere. Most likely the only place that may compare would be Albert Hall. Both were built in the 1880's).

Following the show my bro went to an "after hours" party of some sort at a private residence (Brownstone type building, big stairs in front of building) not far from the Auditorium. 

Bro was on the steps, talking to some friends. Bro turned around and Bowie was standing there, hanging, just as anyone else.

If you ever come across a vid of theirs with decent sound then attach it to your post.

cheers

Will add a video if I find one.

The last Ziggy tour was great, I will say the sound at Hammersmith Odeon was amazing, especially as I was at the last ever Ziggy concert on 03 July 1973, when Jeff Beck came on as surprise guest to jam.

Great days, I looked at my t shirt which had the ticket price on it, ranged from £1.50 to £2.00, amazing value back then.

23 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Will add a video if I find one.

The last Ziggy tour was great, I will say the sound at Hammersmith Odeon was amazing, especially as I was at the last ever Ziggy concert on 03 July 1973, when Jeff Beck came on as surprise guest to jam.

Great days, I looked at my t shirt which had the ticket price on it, ranged from £1.50 to £2.00, amazing value back then.

Very cool !

Trying to decide what motorcycle to buy. Need to get some transport, so it’s down to what I fancy. Money isn’t an issue, got a lot of money that Jan gave me so I don’t need to worry about the price. Do like the ZX-6R in the 40th anniversary colours, that’s £10,859 brand new which is what I’d be looking at.

IMG_0118.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Trying to decide what motorcycle to buy. Need to get some transport, so it’s down to what I fancy. Money isn’t an issue, got a lot of money that Jan gave me so I don’t need to worry about the price. Do like the ZX-6R in the 40th anniversary colours, that’s £10,859 brand new which is what I’d be looking at.

IMG_0118.jpeg

Superb bike, but I am not so keen on mixing the lime green with the blue. Do they do it with all green flash?