What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Had chicken sate in Hemingways in Jomtien last night & am now paying the price....we were supposed to be taking my mates wife out for a seafood dinner but at the moment I don't want to be too far away from a farang toilet & do not want to be eating anything.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Had chicken sate in Hemingways in Jomtien last night & am now paying the price....we were supposed to be taking my mates wife out for a seafood dinner but at the moment I don't want to be too far away from a farang toilet & do not want to be eating anything.

I had similar last week after eating an egg and bacon roll , in the Sportsman Bangkok , within an hour I was running back and forth to the bathroom

note other BMs have eaten there without anything similar occurring, but I will not be eating there again 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

I had similar last week after eating an egg and bacon roll , in the Sportsman Bangkok , within an hour I was running back and forth to the bathroom

note other BMs have eaten there without anything similar occurring, but I will not be eating there again 

You never know when fate will catch up with you.

55555 !

Bit pissed off at not being able to log in to HDPRIME TV. Appears they had a major database corruption and needed to action back up data. Thing is, they mentioned that if you could not log in then to email them at a given email address. Of course, I was unable to log in and have emailed them, I am hoping that my account gets sorted soon.

I did email them years ago over a payment that was taken but did not allow me to get the associated points, but I never heard back. I hope that this email does get a reply, otherwise I may need to re register and start from scratch. Only good thing is that I pay monthly and therefore any loss will be small, maybe a loss of 2 weeks subscription, amounting to around 250 baht.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Bit pissed off at not being able to log in to HDPRIME TV. Appears they had a major database corruption and needed to action back up data. Thing is, they mentioned that if you could not log in then to email them at a given email address. Of course, I was unable to log in and have emailed them, I am hoping that my account gets sorted soon.

I did email them years ago over a payment that was taken but did not allow me to get the associated points, but I never heard back. I hope that this email does get a reply, otherwise I may need to re register and start from scratch. Only good thing is that I pay monthly and therefore any loss will be small, maybe a loss of 2 weeks subscription, amounting to around 250 baht.

I had the same but it returned after circa 20 hours and i was able to log in. You're right about emails to HDPrime, i sent one but never got a reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just about to go to bed at about 11.50 last night when I had a call from my mums care home,they wanted my permission to call an ambulance for her as her lower legs & feet had swollen up badly in the last 24hrs.

I'll have to wait until it's 8am to call them back for an update.There was a report in the local rag yesterday that Watford General Hospitals phone lines had been down for 3 days.WGH is a shithole,the staff are lovely but the hospital needs pulling down.

She had DVT a couple of years ago in her right leg.

That bout of Delhi Belly from Hemingways the night before came in useful....at least I was sober at 11.50pm.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I had the same but it returned after circa 20 hours and i was able to log in. You're right about emails to HDPrime, i sent one but never got a reply.

I still can't log in and no email reply yet.

• Surprised 1

Just been to the doctor to be told I have Shingles, not happy. Doc says may last up to 6 weeks. Been suffering from severe pain in right side and right chest. Been feeling wobbly on my feet as well. Started with, what my wife told me were, insect bites on my back. Bloody itchy and causing pain.

After the chest pain and feeling wobbly, I decided to check with doc who confirms shingles. 

Bugger

Decided to have a Wetherspoon brekky and pint of Moorhouse to celebrate lol

Will go home and take it easy for a while.

IMG20240314112201.jpg

• Sad 9

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just been to the doctor to be told I have Shingles, not happy. Doc says may last up to 6 weeks. Been suffering from severe pain in right side and right chest. Been feeling wobbly on my feet as well. Started with, what my wife told me were, insect bites on my back. Bloody itchy and causing pain.

After the chest pain and feeling wobbly, I decided to check with doc who confirms shingles. 

Bugger

IMG20240314112201.jpg

That looks great, shouldn't be any wobbliness after that

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

That looks great, shouldn't be any wobbliness after that

It was very nice but I will now be alcohol free and eating heathier to kick start my immune system which has been compromised.

For info, I tried to have the Shingles jab as they were giving it to those who had reached their 65th birthday. I was told that if you are 65 you can have it but as I was 68, I needed to wait till I was 70.

Now isn't that Thai logic, crazy and I live in Wales.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 3

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Bugger

IMG20240314112201.jpg

Get well soon. I have had shingles and the severity of the condition varies. It will go quicker than you expect. NHS are now offering the shingles vaccine to those of a certain age. It's quite a common condition these days although not pleasant 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

It was very nice but I will now be alcohol free and eating heathier to kick start my immune system which has been compromised.

For info, I tried to have the Shingles jab as they were giving it to those who had reached their 65th birthday. I was told that if you are 65 you can have it but as I was 68, I needed to wait till I was 70.

Now isn't that Thai logic, crazy and I live in Wales.

That sucks mate.

Pain is a huge motivator. I have heard that shingles is one of the most painful things there is. But I reckon there are different levels of it.

I was able to get the jab about five or six years ago, 58 or 59. 

My brother had had skin issues most of his life. 

I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Take care of yourself. But don't let the anxiety factor overload you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just got off of the phone to my older brother.We have not spoken or met for the last 5 or 6 years, for various reasons,that I won't go into, but I am so glad that I called him today. . We are meeting next week and so much to talk about. Its a huge weight off of of my mind and the guilt for not staying in touch. We are very much alike and it was almost like having a conversation with myself, lol. 

That is brilliant mate. Set the guilt aside. 

You guys will be back in business big time.  Much happiness coming your way.

I communicate with my older bro almost every day. Sometimes there can be several days before he responds. But, I am totally cool with that. He is my greatest hero. 

I will be devasted if something happens to him. But he will always be a huge part of my happiness. What a terrific guy.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1