What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

16 hours ago, Zambo said:

Indiscriminately bombing, shelling  and murdering 30,000+ Palastinian civilians will likely kill a few terrorists and hostages as collateral damage. Any support will, i am sure, be welcomed. Eradication will not be achieved.

Alternatively carrying out a hunt and kill operation by capturing, torturing and bribing known terrorist leaders, sympathisers and informants would increase the number of terrorists killed and captured (to be quickly killed with no mercy as no mercy is due).

No doubt Israel has killed many hostages and allowed the majority of terrorists to escape in the fog of war. The Israeli government "war" is not a planned military response it is a polirical manouevre.

There was a very interesting article in yesterdays Telegraph saying that figure has been grossly exaggerated by Hamas and the media have fallen for it hook line & sinker.

Behind a paywall or I’d post a link.

Google Professor Abraham Wyner

Edited by coxyhog

23 hours ago, coxyhog said:

The Macbook charger that I bought from the Apple store in Bangkok about a month ago has packed up,effing receipt is in our house in Korat & we’re in Pattaya.

Bro in law is going to courier it to a friend of the missus in Bangkok as we’re planning a couple of days there before I go back to the cold.

shite I could’ve done without but glad I packed my iPad.

Missus just plugged it in & it started charging....strange.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Painter said:

Taking a break from packing....

20240318_152615.jpg

Spot the difference...

20240318_160121.jpg

Pity the large ?Korean chap next to me has started snoring.... his masseuse keeps hitting his leg, and he stops, then starts up again. We're all laughing at his expense!

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Painter said:

Spot the difference...

20240318_160121.jpg

Pity the large ?Korean chap next to me has started snoring.... his masseuse keeps hitting his leg, and he stops, then starts up again. We're all laughing at his expense!

Not the kind of 3 some I expected,  but very similar in changing positions of the ladies. 

You just Don't need to change condoms! 🤣

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just been shopping 🛒 some bits to take home 

3AAD0D33-F17B-4BA7-BAF9-53F3451ACA8E.jpeg

I'm always on the lookout for different types of gifts to bring back to the States on my annual visits. Those sauce and curry packets would make for a great gift and wouldn't take up much luggage space.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

50 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just been shopping 🛒 some bits to take home 

3AAD0D33-F17B-4BA7-BAF9-53F3451ACA8E.jpeg

Just add WATER, meat and veg? That's a new one on me. All the ones I've ever used need coconut milk...

So simple even @boydeste could cope...!!  😀

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm always on the lookout for different types of gifts to bring back to the States on my annual visits. Those sauce and curry packets would make for a great gift and wouldn't take up much luggage space.

I got these from Villa Market , but think 7/11 and other stores all have them 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Not the kind of 3 some I expected,  but very similar in changing positions of the ladies. 

Yes going bareback is best.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Just add WATER, meat and veg? That's a new one on me. All the ones I've ever used need coconut milk...

I was surprised when I read that as well ... bought a few brands to see which one I prefer ... Oyster Sauce was 35 Baht ... sure it's more like 100 Baht+ at home 

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Seeing those two reminded me of something....

432016068_941116420971608_5291642760136780052_n.jpeg

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Painter said:

There's coconut milk and then there's coconut milk...

image.png

Just add water.

Edited by fygjam

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My eldest does a lot of running so when I flew back last year I took back several jars of "fake" tiger balm. 

On Theprasit, just passed the Lotus complex on the left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

There was a very interesting article in yesterdays Telegraph saying that figure has been grossly exaggerated by Hamas and the media have fallen for it hook line & sinker.

Behind a paywall or I’d post a link.

Google Professor Abraham Wyner

There will be ID, medical and death records of all people living in Gaza so i am sure at some stage a consensus on the casualty numbers will be reached. I doubt that the findings of the investigations will be that a satisfactory number of deaths was achieved. But to keep politics out of this let's look at statistics.

Statistics are commonly found in a legal context where paid experts represent the prosecution and defense and will use the same data to argue opposite conclusions. 

The data set i see for this research is from  26 October to 10 November, a period of 15 days which are before the land invasion but don't start at the beginning of the bombing. It isn't explained why these dates were chosen - possibly they were the best fit to the theory.

The data is shown as the cumulative total deaths plotted against date. The problem with using cumulative data is it smooths day to day variation, the variation when you add one day's data is dwarfed by the cummullative previous days data. There are better ways of looking for day to day variation than doing a cumulative chart that will minimise the variance. I can show the point:

If you drink 8 pints of beer a day for 10 days on the 10th day the cumulative total will be 80 pints and the average per day is 8 pints. If you then drink 16 pints on day 11 the cumulative total is 96 pints but the average number of pints per day is 8.73 pints an increase of only 9% (well within the 15% margin the report author uses to illustrate the lack of variance in the data).

19 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just took a tumble on Soi Excite .. snagged my shoe on a sleeping policeman and couldn't keep my balance.. landed on hand and elbow... bloodied , bruised but nothing broken... 🙏

Glad you are o.k. mate.

The other day I almost bought it. hit one of those little reflector things that are sometimes along the curbs. I think it was in HH. If I hadn't caught my balance I would have fallen into fast moving traffic.

I for sure would have been run over. 

• Surprised 2

6 hours ago, Zambo said:

There will be ID, medical and death records of all people living in Gaza so i am sure at some stage a consensus on the casualty numbers will be reached. I doubt that the findings of the investigations will be that a satisfactory number of deaths was achieved. But to keep politics out of this let's look at statistics.

Statistics are commonly found in a legal context where paid experts represent the prosecution and defense and will use the same data to argue opposite conclusions. 

The data set i see for this research is from  26 October to 10 November, a period of 15 days which are before the land invasion but don't start at the beginning of the bombing. It isn't explained why these dates were chosen - possibly they were the best fit to the theory.

The data is shown as the cumulative total deaths plotted against date. The problem with using cumulative data is it smooths day to day variation, the variation when you add one day's data is dwarfed by the cummullative previous days data. There are better ways of looking for day to day variation than doing a cumulative chart that will minimise the variance. I can show the point:

If you drink 8 pints of beer a day for 10 days on the 10th day the cumulative total will be 80 pints and the average per day is 8 pints. If you then drink 16 pints on day 11 the cumulative total is 96 pints but the average number of pints per day is 8.73 pints an increase of only 9% (well within the 15% margin the report author uses to illustrate the lack of variance in the data).

The Health Ministry said 107 bodies were brought to hospitals in the last 24 hours. That brings the total number of fatalities to 29,092 since the start of the war.

The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants in its records, but says around two-thirds of those killed were women and children. More than 69,000 Palestinians have been wounded, overwhelming the territory’s hospitals, less than half of which are even partially functioning.

The Health Ministry is part of the Hamas-run government in Gaza but maintains detailed records of casualties. Its figures from previous wars in Gaza have largely matched those of U.N. agencies, independent experts and even Israel’s own tallies.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/more-than-29000-palestinians-have-been-killed-in-gaza-since-wars-start-health-ministry-says

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

At 7am M'Lady received a call from the Government Land Office to say that her Blue Book with my name included was ready for collection ... along with my ID Card !

In the 29 years I have lived here I have never bothered about it before. I am unaware of any advantages of it (or not) so it will be a 30 minute drive in to town later to pick it up....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5