What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

40 minutes ago, karon steve said:

In a similar vein many years ago my stepdaughter, at the tender age of 13, asked me to buy her a "talking dick". Apparently this is a talking dictionary.

yeah, and meanings can change with the passage of time. For example, I've always wondered if the feminists in #MeToo understand that to Boomers, # doesn't always mean hashtag but rather pound.

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Ffs, it's 43 here in Bkk, can't imagine being in shorts in 14 degrees. 

On the other hand, every day I see guys walking around in this heat wearing black t-shirts and blue jeans, dunno how they can stand it. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just finished putting in a couple of lights in at the mother-in-law's house. The one in the outside kitchen was permenantly wired in and the one in the entertainment area is connect via a powerboard with a 10 metre lead. The one in the entertainment area she didn't to be on all the time with the other lights so I took the easy option of using a powerboard with a switched outlet instead of running a complete new lighting circuit.

Edited by thegrogmonster
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

41 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

In port Gibraltar for crew change,not mine unfortunately, but rock of Gibraltar looked good early this morning.

1000044174.jpg

1000044186.jpg

I worked in Gibraltar dry dock just after it was converted from a Navy to commercial shipyard. First time i arrived in La Linea it was so foggy we couldn't see The Rock, had to ask a Spaniard where it was. Once the fog lifted it seemed a ridiculous question 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have been up this way for 4 months now and am very happy with my life, more so than any other village I have lived in here over the last 30 years! I eat mainly Isaan food which I love because M'Lady is a damned good cook, but I have to say that because she is a Geoff Capes lookalike in his prime and I don't fancy being on the wrong end of her right hook!!!!

The local markets sell all the fresh veggie we need and, along with Tesco Lotus, all the fresh meat ....... except for Aussie beef and lamb. So I have just placed an order with expatfoods for delivery. Shipment costs for transportation, dry ice packaging and box - 399 baht. Sounds a lot but I have added cheese and 20 pies to my meat order !!! (who ate all the pies? you fat bastard you fat bastard!!!)

I'll let you know how things progress ....

Where are you living now ?

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

I worked in Gibraltar dry dock just after it was converted from a Navy to commercial shipyard. First time i arrived in La Linea it was so foggy we couldn't see The Rock, had to ask a Spaniard where it was. Once the fog lifted it seemed a ridiculous question 

This is not my picture, just one from the internet. But this is about where i would have been (no macdonalds on those days). From here in those days you had to walk out of La Linea and cross the runway with immigration at each side. 

GibraltarUnitedKingdomMcDonaldsatLaLinea.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegrogmonster said:

If it is OK to answer what type of work/ship do you work on?

It was construction work in the dry dock.

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That looks effing delicious mate!!!

Must be Sands in Jomtien rather that Brean Sands in Somerset !!!

I guess the clue was the missing scrumpy! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Road warrior tip; roll instead of fold to reduce wrinkles and save space.

image.jpeg

That’s how I pack so can get away with hand luggage only, can get a lot in a rucksack that way.

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

On the other hand, every day I see guys walking around in this heat wearing black t-shirts and blue jeans, dunno how they can stand it. 

Absolute insanity.

Saw one today in Central. Black long sleeved shirt, black jeans, black cowboy boots, black cowboy hat. With a bar girl on his arm. 

Talking loudly of course. 

Edited by Glasseye
  • Haha 4
  • Surprised 1