What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I'm heading over to one of my favorite places. I make it a point to visit every trip and photograph the work completed since last trip. Which thanks to covid has now been 4 years. The Sanctuary of Truth is an amazing work in progress. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, Zambo said:

It was construction work in the dry dock.

Sorry thegrogmonster just realised i jumped in and answered your question to Phamtom51red. Must have got over excited by my memories of Gibraltar. 

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, Zambo said:

Sorry thegrogmonster just realised i jumped in and answered your question to Phamtom51red. Must have got over excited by my memories of Gibraltar. 

Still good to know what type of work you were doing there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I'm heading over to one of my favorite places. I make it a point to visit every trip and photograph the work completed since last trip. Which thanks to covid has now been 4 years. The Sanctuary of Truth is an amazing work in progress. 

Damn.... I haven't  seen that many Chinese  since I was in Angor Watt

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Damn.... I haven't  seen that many Chinese  since I was in Angor Watt

When I was at Angkor they were swirling like cockroaches. Kind of spoiled the day.

Stopped in Waterstones on the way home from the gym and picked up a couple of paperbacks.

Turned out I had £10 on my loyalty card so only cost £3.98 for the two, so a nice touch.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Started the process of registering my Lasting Power of Attorney with my mums investment companies & the NS&I.

Getting seriously pissed off with the music when I'm put on hold.

This ain't gonna be a quick job.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Back to the gym today after the bank holiday weekend ... circuits, swim and steam 😅👍

I just had my first session for around 10 days,since flying home I've been having trouble sleeping.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I just had my first session for around 10 days,since flying home I've been having trouble sleeping.

Probably the stress of sorting out things for your Mum ... hopefully the gym helps 👍

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, AJSP said:

Just had an average massage in Hua Hin.

Hopefully better one tomorrow in the night market 🙏

Soi 94 Chaba Massage , it's the only one that's not a rub and tug massage on that Soi ....

Brilliant massage , two older ladies , both great 👍

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Soi 94 Chaba Massage , it's the only one that's not a rub and tug massage on that Soi ....

Brilliant massage , two older ladies , both great 👍

Appreciate that advice. Only a 5 minute walk from our hotel ( over the footbridge) - we do also go up to the market by the train station and use one up there before food 

Edited by AJSP
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Worrying about how some friends (and their families) are going to be able to handle the upcoming heat wave.

Cold beer and lots of it, and decent shower and A/C when you get home!

Woke up yesterday with cold, cough and bad hangover so had a quiet one last night; hangover's gone but the cold lingers, however it's time to get out and get some stuff done. I hate hot weather colds but I seem to catch at least one per extended trip, damned curse...

• Thumbs Up 2

Very good price for wine at Friendship....795 Baht for 3 Liters...

Cheapest price I have seen for a looooong time....

In the good old days I was paying 325 for 1.5 Liters...

20240403_112127.jpg

20240403_112118.jpg

20240403_112054.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, fforest said:

Very good price for wine at Friendship....795 Baht for 3 Liters...

Cheapest price I have seen for a looooong time....

In the good old days I was paying 325 for 1.5 Liters...

20240403_112127.jpg

20240403_112118.jpg

20240403_112054.jpg

The place looks more like an oil refinery.

A drone image showing large wine tanks and buildings surrounded by vineyards

The Warburn winery, at Griffith in the state's south, was established in 1968 by the late Tony Sergi, a man known as the "don of dons", who police have said was instrumental in building the Calabrian mafia's Australian cell.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-11/sergi-family-sell-warburn-estate-winery-to-taliano-family/103304996

Edited by fygjam

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The place looks more like an oil refinery.

A drone image showing large wine tanks and buildings surrounded by vineyards

The Warburn winery, at Griffith in the state's south, was established in 1968 by the late Tony Sergi, a man known as the "don of dons", who police have said was instrumental in building the Calabrian mafia's Australian cell.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-11/sergi-family-sell-warburn-estate-winery-to-taliano-family/103304996

Who gives a rats azz as long as the wine is cheap and drinkable.......The white which I bought is perfect for a non wine snob like me.....

• Thumbs Up 1