What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

At Dubai airport. 

Smooth sailing so far. The flight from Amsterdam was very quiet. 

It's quite busy here at the boarding gate to Bangkok though and the plane goes on to HKG so I'm afraid the flight will be pretty full. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, KWA said:

It looks like you landed a few minutes early - welcome to Thailand.

Thanks. 

Had quite the welcome at swampy lol.

Chilling in Anantara Riverside the next 2 weeks now. 

First impressions are very good. 

Will do a more elaborate post in my blog later. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, andycoll said:

Just read a very welcome text from the Health Department informing me that my Covid Test was negative. Might have a celebratory drink with that weight off my mind.

How easy was it to get a test, and how long till you got the result?

34 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Just had Dynorod in for a fatberg in the drain outside the kitchen.

Pretty impressive - I made the booking online at 1pm & he was here in around 45mins.Cost £90.

They do a good job,

sounds like a little education on what to and not to put down the drain is in order methinks!

40 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They do a good job,

sounds like a little education on what to and not to put down the drain is in order methinks!

Well we've been here for over 13 years now & the guy did say that part of the fatberg was probably from our predecessors.Place was built in 94 I think so it's been building up from this time.

They say don't put oils down the sink but the council do not collect it & you're supposed to take it to the recycling centre where there's always a big queue.

The missus has said that from now on she's going to store it up in old water bottles so I guess I'll be going to that recycle centre....

10 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Well we've been here for over 13 years now & the guy did say that part of the fatberg was probably from our predecessors.Place was built in 94 I think so it's been building up from this time.

They say don't put oils down the sink but the council do not collect it & you're supposed to take it to the recycling centre where there's always a big queue.

The missus has said that from now on she's going to store it up in old water bottles so I guess I'll be going to that recycle centre....

I don't deep fry, so don't use large quantities of oil, but normal use from frying etc, I soak up in kitchin towel and put in the general rubbish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I just drain any used cooking oil into a jar that I keep in my freezer - when it is full I just throw it into my garbage bin at the last minute and away it goes; also I saw a Facebook thing a while ago where they demonstrate mixing used oil in with oats and then feeding it to the birds...anything is better than dumping it down your drain. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I just drain any used cooking oil into a jar that I keep in my freezer - when it is full I just throw it into my garbage bin at the last minute and away it goes; also I saw a Facebook thing a while ago where they demonstrate mixing used oil in with oats and then feeding it to the birds...anything is better than dumping it down your drain. 

We have a big fridge/freezer & a chest freezer....no chance of fitting anything in there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Just had Dynorod in for a fatberg in the drain outside the kitchen.

Pretty impressive - I made the booking online at 1pm & he was here in around 45mins.Cost £90.

Bet Dennis Nielsen rued the day they came to unblock his drains. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Krapow said:

How easy was it to get a test, and how long till you got the result?

As I live in Melbourne and we have been in fairly strict lockdown conditions for 9 weeks now it is very easy as there are lots of testing sights around. I just walked up to the local community health centre about 10 minutes away and said I wanted a Covid test. Waited while they dealt with the two people in front of me, answered their questions as they took my details then waited for the nurse. Took about two minutes for her to do her bit and that was it. The swab up each nostril was a bit unpleasant. Then home to isolate until the results came which took 32 hours.

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, andycoll said:

As I live in Melbourne and we have been in fairly strict lockdown conditions for 9 weeks now it is very easy as there are lots of testing sights around. I just walked up to the local community health centre about 10 minutes away and said I wanted a Covid test. Waited while they dealt with the two people in front of me, answered their questions as they took my details then waited for the nurse. Took about two minutes for her to do her bit and that was it. The swab up each nostril was a bit unpleasant. Then home to isolate until the results came which took 32 hours.

Ah, okay. 

Here in the UK currently demand is outstripping supply!

20 hours ago, Washedup said:

A brisk walk before storm Alex blows in..Better Hold fast 

It's pissing it down here and looks to be doing the same all next week too!

I am pretty good at doing lazy but constant rain is miserable and I will be going out for a walk later armed with my waterproofs and a big brolly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same here Terry, 7 inches of rain here in San Jose last year.......geez it is dry around here and more wildfires are going on locally again. 

Am hoping for more rain this year, which means more snow in the Sierras.......you are familiar with snow huh? 

• Haha 1