Famous Bands Or Artists From Your Home Town Or State.

forcebwithu

6 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

From the best county in England I present

Jethro Tull

John Anderson ( frontman with the band Yes.) 

Oh!  And George Formby!! 

If Manchester and Liverpool were still in Lancashire I would need a few pages of my own. 

I’d keep quite about George Formby.

😂

• Haha 2

Prodigy, starring the infamous Keith Flint. most of the band came from my hometown Braintree, Essex. 

keith had a huge house opposite the Public Gardens and often would be found enjoying an ale or 10 in the Angel pub nearby.

Another chap, Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel, he was born in Deptford but moved to Braintree in his late teens and lived there for a number of years.

Best-The-Prodigy-Songs-of-All-Time.jpg

a05cca52692e62622370f90a0b2dc9d9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, fygjam said:

We had this bloke

image.png

But he wasn't actually born in Freo

anBn.jpg

Somewhere on the other side of the world.

Had a big argument on the old secrets board with Arnold Ziffel as to wether or not AC/DC were Scottish... Both the Young brothers were born in Scotland so I'm saying they are Scots. Arnold was having none of it...... He got quite upset tbh. Then I realised how big Arnold was. 

Still Scots thinking behind ACDC though 😜

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Had a big argument on the old secrets board with Arnold Ziffel as to wether or not AC/DC were Scottish... Both the Young brothers were born in Scotland so I'm saying they are Scots. Arnold was having none of it...... He got quite upset tbh. Then I realised how big Arnold was. 

If they become famous while living in Australia then they're Australian.

Take Russel Crow as another example.

• Haha 1

There's a name from the past. What became of AZ?

I had a similar argument with him about the Youngs Scot background where AZ disputed accounts that amongst the reasons for their short stature was stunted growth from toxic materials they lived in on their Scottish council estates during formative years.

7 minutes ago, Trip said:

There's a name from the past. What became of AZ?

I had a similar argument with him about the Youngs Scot background where AZ disputed accounts that amongst the reasons for their short stature was stunted growth from toxic materials they lived in on their Scottish council estates during formative years.

AZ, being a pom himself (as I recall), probably came from an era when the English thought nothing good ever came out of Scotland.

Edited by fygjam