Famous Bands Or Artists From Your Home Town Or State.

forcebwithu

2 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Had a big argument on the old secrets board with Arnold Ziffel as to wether or not AC/DC were Scottish... Both the Young brothers were born in Scotland so I'm saying they are Scots. Arnold was having none of it...... He got quite upset tbh. Then I realised how big Arnold was. 

Still Scots thinking behind ACDC though 😜

20 minutes ago, Trip said:

There's a name from the past. What became of AZ?

I had a similar argument with him about the Youngs Scot background where AZ disputed accounts that amongst the reasons for their short stature was stunted growth from toxic materials they lived in on their Scottish council estates during formative years.

My memories of Arnie will always be what an argumentative BM he could be but nevertheless a good BM imo and yes what a huge man. Shame he left the old Secrets board.

5 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The best view of Scotland is in the rear view mirror of a car heading south?

BINGO, you do know the English and the Jocks have a wonderful friendship going back hundreds of years, bit like the English and French 🤣🤣🤣  

Edited by Pumpuynarak

Fay Fife of The Rezillos/Revillos.

Barbara Dickson.

The Skids.

Big Country.

Nazareth.

The Proclaimers.

Guy Berryman of Coldplay.

Ian Stewart of The Rolling Stones.

Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.

Pete Wishart (MP) of Runrig.

Jimmy Shand.

KT Tunstall.

• Like 2

• john luke changed the title to Famous Bands Or Artists From Your Home Town Or State.
2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

My memories of Arnie will always be what an argumentative BM he could be but nevertheless a good BM imo and yes what a huge man. Shame he left the old Secrets board.

Yes, one of my memories of his Secrets posts was how proud he was of his BMW, how he pampered it, and how technologically advanced they were.

Then he lost his key fob and got charged something like $800 for a new one so he sold the car instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rod Stewart - Whole family lived 5 minutes walk from my home in Highgate Village, North London. I played several times in the same Sunday morning footy team run by his uncle and brother. I was still at school and relied on a lift to the ground. He turned up once in a Lamborghini Miura. Strictly speaking, he is English.

Lulu and Maurice Gibbs were part of my newspaper round in Hampstead.

If I had failed my 11+ I would have been at school with Ray and Dave Davies of the Kinks. 🤣

Sting and George Michael both lived in Highgate. They didn't drink in the Red Lion and Son or The Gatehouse.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Rod Stewart - Whole family lived 5 minutes walk from my home in Highgate Village, North London. I played several times in the same Sunday morning footy team run by his uncle and brother. I was still at school and relied on a lift to the ground. He turned up once in a Lamborghini Miura. Strictly speaking, he is English.

Rod Stewart was born in England with a Scottish father. If Scotland was a separate country then that would be sufficient for him to be Scottish.

If ever Scotland does leave the UK and Scottish passports are needed Rod Stewart won't be the only one who has to prove his case.

19 hours ago, Zambo said:

Rod Stewart was born in England with a Scottish father. If Scotland was a separate country then that would be sufficient for him to be Scottish.

If ever Scotland does leave the UK and Scottish passports are needed Rod Stewart won't be the only one who has to prove his case.

Annie, my Grannie was born in Edinburgh which makes me enough of a plastic Scot to have played football for Scotland.

As this born and bred cockney did not learn this fact until I was 37 years of age I never faced the difficult choice between offering my services to either England or Scotland. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

Annie, my Grannie was born in Edinburgh which makes me enough of a plastic Scot to have played football for Scotland.

As this born and bred cockney did not learn this fact until I was 37 years of age I never faced the difficult choice between offering my services to either England or Scotland. 🤣

At the age of 13 i chose Scotland, still waiting for the telegram (in fact more conveniently they could just send a whatsapp these days)

From my second hometown, Champaign/Urban Il. 

The sweetest female voice in the history of music. Also a great songwriter, muscian, performer, and Dog damn beautiful.

Rarely is there a voice that can instantly tear at your heart as quickly as Allison. 

On 8/1/2023 at 5:29 PM, Yessongs said:

Styx indeed...great band from Chicago. Seen them many times...recently Jan 2020. 

DSC00481.JPG

DSC00482.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00591.JPG

DSC00592.JPG

Flew to Vancouver to catch a Styx concert about ten years ago and they were great, would pay to do again tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/1/2023 at 4:48 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Adam was a great guy and hopefully he is still alive and kicking.

• Thumbs Up 2