3 yrs since we lost Lanza Lad ( the board creator)

tommy dee

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

for anyone who remembers, and f course for newbies who didnt know him, Lanza built this board.  He was also the father to Young Thomas.

three years ago today I think

this was written at the time

GOOD NIGHT LANZA LAD
Deeply saddened to inform all of the passing of Phil Gaines, aka Lanza/Lanzalad.
As some will know, Phil had been battling cancer with all his might for the past few years. the ups and downs have been enormous. sometimes when we spoke I was convinced it would be our last chat ever, he could hardly breathe to finish a sentence. a week later he was up and atom, as they say. but the past few months really took their toll on him as cancer did its evil deed.
Several others here were in regular contact too, and we all saw him come back, and post, and do the admin and enjoy the board even quite recently. all will confirm that the last few weeks were fAR from a comfortable period and that, sadly, his passing will in many ways have been a relief to him
Phil was fortunate to have a wonderful wife who has been his real strength these past years. She is a strong woman by nature but the series of shocks regarding his health hurt her deeply, this as together they introduced Little Thomas into the world, a little man who quickly became the apple of Phil's eye.
In the last few weeks, two pals in the UK have been in regular contact and visits which I know cheered him up no end. I wont name as thats their business but they are welcome, please, to do so, and from all of us who couldnt, a big thank you for the effort.
WE ALL HAVE MEMORIES OF PHIL,
Where ever he is, the bald northern git with a heart of gold, I hope he has a laptop , and is reading this. I will probably get a Pm later that will begin.. "yeah but Tommy, the thing is...." cos that was his start to most discussions.
Love to his family, and miss ya mate
Tommy
117913228_10158736079414859_193476030820

118032815_10158736079619859_103094695890

118182788_10158736079774859_909781286253

Nice one Tom.

Lanza helped me on several occasions and refused to take any monetary consideration for his time and expertise. The best I could do was to leave a bottle which I hope he enjoyed.

A real nice guy.

• Like 2

So cruel for the man who created this board and kept many of us in contact(I was only on Secrets as many others surely were) to pass so soon after it took off. Like Striderman, Steelers, and a few others I’m forgetting, seemed universally liked by everyone, which let’s be honest, is not a common thing on these boards

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:25 AM, galenkia said:

Good to see you posting again mate.

Hiya pal.

Yeah kinda left Thailand on the back-burner for a bit and my log on details are on this old phone I've been too lazy to send for another password to set it up on my new phone I will though.I hope you are still good...

Edit finally signed in in my new phone only took me 6 months🤣🤣 😊

Edited by roomark
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, roomark said:

Hiya pal.

Yeah kinda left Thailand on the back-burner for a bit and my log on details are on this old phone I've been too lazy to send for another password to set it up on my new phone I will though.I hope you are still good...

Edit finally signed in in my new phone only took me 6 months🤣🤣 😊

Good effort mate. :default_cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember sitting next to Phil on an LKM GoGo Bar, where he was discussing opening up a new forum. I only met him once, but was taken aback by his kindness and how he came across as a gentle giant of a guy.

It's heartwarming to know that his family are doing well. I'm sure his wife and son will do him proud.

To echo the sentiments here. Another one taken too soon by the big C.

RIP Phil.

• Like 4