Merry Xmas....

coxyhog

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

7pm now!

My day went much as expected, twas pretty boring but I bought a load of french fries, hot dog sausages and knom for anybody that wanted them..

My mate cooked them all up and plated them into good size portions and laid them out on a table outside..

All the kids were around singing and dancing. I have to admit that it was quite emotional for me seeing The Gang so happy! Also ex Gang Members that are now 14/15 years old had a good time eating sitting on the back of a pick up.

A wonderful night! So time to hit the wine !!

Merry Christmas !!!

Brilliant mate. In the years we were in the PI for Xmas, I'd always do a BBQ and have a few games of "bulldog" with the local squatter / street kids who would otherwise have nothing on Christmas Day. We'd do a trip to a cheap warehouse outlet and buy £100 quids worth of cheap toys and made sure they all got one.

Brings a man down to earth when he realises some of the simplest things bring the most happiness.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

My turn to cook the Christmas dinner and I’ve just polished off a rack of lamb with all the trimmings with my son, my wife had salmon as she’s not a big meat eater, although she stole one of my lamb chops when I wasn’t looking. Sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream and sauce followed. 👍

Now I’m in my recliner and moving for no one or nothing, unless it’s red and in a bottle marked Merlot.  

BURP  🥹

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

Presently 3:00PM here and snow is coming down in thick flakes - my Xmas-crazy Aussie sister-in-law would be creaming her jeans to be here for this right now, she has such romantic notions about "White Christmas". As for me, I just woke up a couple of hours ago, had a normal breakfast but with a good cocktail as well - it is Xmas, after all, even though I have to go back to work in four hours. 

About twelve hours ago I was out on one of my security patrols in our downtown area and the only thing moving was an old street bum out scrounging for empty cans - got talking with him and he seemed a decent sort so I gave him a few bucks and wished him the best - more Xmas spirit than I usually show, lol...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Presently 3:00PM here and snow is coming down in thick flakes - my Xmas-crazy Aussie sister-in-law would be creaming her jeans to be here for this right now, she has such romantic notions about "White Christmas". As for me, I just woke up a couple of hours ago, had a normal breakfast but with a good cocktail as well - it is Xmas, after all, even though I have to go back to work in four hours. 

About twelve hours ago I was out on one of my security patrols in our downtown area and the only thing moving was an old street bum out scrounging for empty cans - got talking with him and he seemed a decent sort so I gave him a few bucks and wished him the best - more Xmas spirit than I usually show, lol...

Many homeless people are not there by choice, more often by a run of bad luck, poor life choices or a simple refusal to be accepted by society.

My biggest heartache is when seeing former Veterans homeless and uncared for. The Govt will give human filth migrants from Africa or wherever a room, heating and money upon arrival in a boat, yet guy who took the Kings Shilling and stood fast fighting for our Country yet end up homeless, are ignored.

It is absolutely disgusting.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I usually worked Christmas, for various reasons (and it paid double time and a half). 

Always would get a lot of "domestics". Drunk family members fighting.

I specifically remember one night following shift on a 3-11 pm, Christmas. As I was driving past a house there was a group of people out in the front yard. Two guys were punching the shit out of each other. One of the guys fell into the street right in front of me. I had to swerve to avoid running over him. The only thing I thought was how glad I was my shift was finished.

• Thumbs Up 1