Some people don't believe in retirement!

Bazle

This list of elderly musicians still active popped up in a Facebook group I belong to. I found it interesting as I thought some of the people mentioned were no longer with us!

I'm sorry the picture isn't very clear - you might well need to expand it to read the list.

Oldest touring musicians.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Some of them should have taken the retirement option a few years ago.

If I were to dispute that comment, it would be over the use of the word "some"!🙂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Some of them should have taken the retirement option a few years ago.

They do it out of love for performing. It’s in their heart, I imagine having the adulation of an audience must be a hard thing to give up.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

They do it out of love for performing. It’s in their heart, I imagine having the adulation of an audience must be a hard thing to give up.

I imagine having the adulation of an audience, and accumulating large sums of money, must be hard things to give up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

He was here last night in Bangkok...my Mom would have loved it LOL!

My mum nearly got us thrown out of a Tom Jones show in the mid 1960's for taking a flash photograph.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Seen 17 of them,but a while ago I made a decision to not pay indecent money to see OAP's.

You've smashed me, only seen 4 of them and 2 are in the Rolling Stones . . 🤣

Ian Gillan (when in Deep Purple) and Rod Stewart are my other 2.

• Like 1

Saw Willie a couple years ago in Houston. It was a great show and went over 3 hours.  He is still writing songs like mad. In the last 10 years he has done 13 albums. It's not for the money but for the love of writing. 

The biggest problem is what producers are charging these days. What used to be a $50 ticket is now a $750 ticket. By the time you add up airfares, hotel rooms, food, car rental and anything you buy at the concerts themselves it can easily be $2000 to $3000 weekend per person. 

• Sad 1