HEATWAVE !

Glasseye

This not just a basic gripe session complaining that I am hotter than a dehydrated noodle in a spicy ramen bowl.

I have never come close to experiencing a period of heat, humidity and smoke like this.

Very little of anything is moving out there.

This must have a significant negative impact on the Thai economy and the peoples mindset in general. 

Beginning next week I will head out on my bike before 1000 hrs. I will have a wad of 20's and 100's and I will be looking for targets that I might be able to help, even if for something simple as a cold drink. Fcuk, I don't know what else I can do. 

Was thinking the same in kanchanaburi, 42 felt like 48,same up north with you I noticed on the news,hottest day in Thailand was recorded only last year at 43 ,think that record will be broken ,probably every year from now.

My mate message d me saying he was still scrapin frost of his work vans windscreen in Scotland lol

4 minutes ago, fforest said:

April 1 to April 22  was horridly hot......Now its still plenty hot but its ever so slightly cooler so I do not have to run the aircon all day and night....

Not on my side of town it isn't. Where are you living, I want to be your neighbor and experience the ever so slightly cooler weather. Maybe rather than move I'll just camp out on your doorstep. :default_biggrin:

image.png

20 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not on my side of town it isn't. Where are you living, I want to be your neighbor and experience the ever so slightly cooler weather. Maybe rather than move I'll just camp out on your doorstep. :default_biggrin:

image.png

Lol.....I did not say I was wearing a Eskimo parka to stay warm in the slightly cooler weather....

I am on the 6th floor facing the beach sort of.....The wind patterns from the ocean have shifted so I feels just a tiny bit cooler...So I have been able to cut back on the 24/7 aircon a bit.....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

8EE104C2-7375-481B-BEDF-B559A075A029.png

I have never loved A/C more than I do right now. Waiting for mrs smiler at the market, should really get out of the car and give her a lift with the shopping but but but…..

There, I’ve guilted myself into it 

• Haha 5

My last 5 months in Thailand have been the hottest I have ever experienced there. Even the period through New Year into January was way hotter than normal and the last month was real feel over 40 nearly every day!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

My last 5 months in Thailand have been the hottest I have ever experienced there. Even the period through New Year into January was way hotter than normal and the last month was real feel over 40 nearly every day!

Yes I know I have spent most days this week doing scientific tests on the hotel swimming pool temperatures 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

[...]

Beginning next week I will head out on my bike before 1000 hrs. I will have a wad of 20's and 100's and I will be looking for targets that I might be able to help, even if for something simple as a cold drink. Fcuk, I don't know what else I can do. 

I can recommend fresh, young coconut, especially from an ice bath.

Not looking forward to next month's electric bill. Out here in the Bang Lamung South Suburbs we are pushing 40 most days lately. The pool water is closing in on 34. 

I hope those May rains start soon.

The wife's family up in the Khon Kaen area are consistently hitting 40s. 

31 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Not looking forward to next month's electric bill. Out here in the Bang Lamung South Suburbs we are pushing 40 most days lately. The pool water is closing in on 34. 

Yep... This upcoming bill will be low for me since I was away for most of that billing cycle. But the next bill will be a real eye popper. Gonna be a huge contrast. I've got three AC units going heavy 24/7. Had a new one installed a few months back and the others checked and cleaned. They did a real good job on them.

A big power outage would be a real kick in the gonads. I'd have to go rent a room.

Seems like forever until the rains come. Fcuk !

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just about scraping into double figures by me. Still going out in a hoodie and puffa jacket. Meant to be high teens next week.

Fucking heat getting turned on here in the next 5mins.

Sake!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, karon steve said:

Ditto. Heating on in mid April when normally windows open and shopping in shorts.

Yep, had my heating turned on this morning. Needed to warm the walls and rid the windows of condensation, keeping me warm was secondary but welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been my biggest contrast ever when returning home.

Usually I return to mid double temps in March, this year I have returned in late April to single figures and rain.

It really is f***d up.

Thailand is the hottest I have known it and here the wettest and coldest I can ever remember in April.

It's now midday and only 6 degrees with a real feel of minus 2. FFS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Same in Mae Sot where the rainy season "usually" starts and ends a month earlier than in Pattaya.

It is therefore late and with no sign of rain yet Sai spends most mornings irrigating the farm due to the excessive heat.

Fortunately, they have access to an underground source of water and a system for storage and purifying for the house.

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

It's been my biggest contrast ever when returning home.

Usually I return to mid double temps in March, this year I have returned in late April to single figures and rain.

It really is f***d up.

Thailand is the hottest I have known it and here the wettest and coldest I can ever remember in April.

It's now midday and only 6 degrees with a real feel of minus 2. FFS.

Agreed. I've been back for 6 weeks ish, and my heating bill has exceeded my highest months aircon bill by almost double. I've been in long trousers and a sweatshirt for all that time, and going for a walk has needed a fleece and occasionally a wooly hat.

As for the boat... it's looking lonely on it's mooring, either bouncing violently in the wind, or getting rained on. I haven't been out to it in a month. Our mooring is only 100m off shore, so easy to check... general rule of thumb is if we can see the water line, she ain't sinking!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been out on the bike for a days ride in the hills of Nam Nao National Park. some of the roads are super twisty and have few potholes. One stretch of a few klms is on the low ground, hills rising up each side.  I thought to myself it was feeling a tad warmer than the previous couple of hours. I looked at the ambient temperature readout on the dash and it was flashing which it had never done before. I stopped and took the short video so i could show the Honda dealer incase there was a fault. I have just returned home and checked in the manual,  and the flashing is normal if the ambient temp' gets to 50, so it's not faulty.  Once i was back on the high ground the temp' fell to 45 - 46, which has been the normal reading for the last few weeks.

So i guess the valley area i was in was acting like a sun trap ?? Also there was not a breath of wind.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been following our weather at home and it's been a spectacular couple of weeks - sunny days with highs up to 15C  and just below freezing at night, very warm for April at that latitude - watch it turn to crap when I land there in a couple of weeks....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Same in Mae Sot where the rainy season "usually" starts and ends a month earlier than in Pattaya.

It is therefore late and with no sign of rain yet Sai spends most mornings irrigating the farm due to the excessive heat.

Fortunately, they have access to an underground source of water and a system for storage and purifying for the house.

The Kohn Kaen area people are able to irrigate their farm land as well. We built a retention pond for them a few years back and had it shaded somewhat with trees. Cost about 40,000.

Not too sure how or if this is working out given the current heat wave.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually thinking of coming next Christmas instead of Easter, due to the heat.

Thought the price would be mental for Christmas school holidays, but looking at this Christmas, just over £3000 for the 3 of us, same as Easter had cost the last 2 years. 

Ages away, but i would have been booking Easter next year in the next couple of months.

• Thumbs Up 2