Football

Thinkingallowed

9 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

f**k me ..Tony Blair the war criminal supports Newcastle Utd which has now installed a machine at the opposing fans' turnstiles to chop their hands off to stop them clapping!

Where are their sanctions..??

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Stick him in the Tower of London. 

Off with his head!. 🤣

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Stick him in the Tower of London.

Bloody hell...That is something else I have done and is long forgotten!

I did a month doing the "changing of the guards" and "ceremony of the keys" there in '75 before flying out for jungle training...

What a useless lump of wobbly jelly I have become !!

• Haha 1

Having a good laugh at the headlines.

After all these years UK PLC has just noticed Abramovich's money is dirty.

Long overdue but welcome. I wonder to what extent the disgusting chanting of this name during the show of solidarity for the Ukraine, gave the Govt an extra nudge?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Having a good laugh at the headlines.

After all these years UK PLC has just noticed Abramovich's money is dirty.

Long overdue but welcome. I wonder to what extent the disgusting chanting of this name during the show of solidarity for the Ukraine, gave the Govt an extra nudge?

People who were dazzled by the rich Russians getting payback. Just as bad with the Chinese, another lot being given too much free reign to buy up everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

People who were dazzled by the rich Russians getting payback. Just as bad with the Chinese, another lot being given too much free reign to buy up everything. 

I agree...Ivan Nockabolockof and his lot have had their day

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I don't know the ins and outs of the sanctions, but as ever with these things, no doubt it'll be the ordinary fans that suffer.

Ticket office and merchandise shop have been prohibited from selling anything. Only tickets valid are ones already purchased for matches and season tickets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Ticket office and merchandise shop have been prohibited from selling anything. Only tickets valid are ones already purchased for matches and season tickets. 

I'm sure they will have a whip around at Loftus road at next home match

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Agree . 

Reliance on dictatorships doesn't look so clever post Brexit/ during COVID when as a nation you no longer have the capacity to make what you need to survive.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Agree . 

Reliance on dictatorships doesn't look so clever post Brexit/ during COVID when as a nation you no longer have the capacity to make what you need to survive.

Look at how the disruption to the country affected the supply chain. Especially from China. We have let them get too powerful and influential. Now you have the Saudis also buying up football clubs and London Real Estate. But that's the Torys for you, all about the money and what they can cream off for themselves. Down to them to forbid it. 

But that's going off topic. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Sponsors will make a quick exit as well so the club will have a hard time making ends meet. Ok short term but worried about long term.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

He bought Chelsea in July 2003, and then bought the title. Table below shows the link between wages and finishing position. And why the PL bores me now much of the time😞

image.png

Same with City, were nothing special without the Saudi cash.

Blackburn started it back in the early days of the PL. Jack Walker's millions bought it for them.

Without cash it's pretty hard to make top 4. Leicester only really won it on the back of the others imploding and handing it to them.

Still think the best PL season Was when Newcastle threw away a 15 point lead to United.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Same with City, were nothing special without the Saudi cash.

Blackburn started it back in the early days of the PL. Jack Walker's millions bought it for them.

Without cash it's pretty hard to make top 4. Leicester only really won it on the back of the others imploding and handing it to them.

Still think the best PL season Was when Newcastle threw away a 15 point lead to United.

Man City is Abu Dhabi not Saudi & Leicester were/are backed by King Power which is a very rich Thai company,the CEO is said to be worth $6 billion.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1