Football

Thinkingallowed

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think the players are just fucking knackered!

Yes, I thought they were terrible against Hungary and the first half last night they looked poor but they perked up in the second half.  Expected Germany to smash England so maybe Germany are not firing on all cylinders.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Yes, I thought they were terrible against Hungary and the first half last night they looked poor but they perked up in the second half.  Expected Germany to smash England so maybe Germany are not firing on all cylinders.

I also think that the WC will be a load of boring shit too.... I'll be betting on a 25/1 long shot to win it....

EDIT =  Senegal 100/1 Betfred!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, Britboy said:

Completely agree. We defo have the players to win games, Southgate is too bloody cautious . . 😠

I'd like to say that England are sh!t....but they are not that good!

Mind you the ref has just yellow carded Stones for nothing & sent him off....ref is a total wanker.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Haha 3

My newsagent was telling me this morning about a treble bet he was going to put. on

The first 2 legs one, but the last leg was England to win. Told him the 2 horses were likely to win (they did but at short odds), but betting England to score, let alone win was too abitious!!

They were 1/4, so bet £20 to win £5. Didn't see this result coming though.

Must be shattered from the PL. Way too much football being played, Chirst knows how this tournament made it into the schedules.

We are inching closer to a number of large clubs getting together and refusing to release players for internationals if something isn't done about the number of games. Next year with the WC is going to be a doozy.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Great Info 1

30 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I'd like to say that England are sh!t....but they are not that good!

Mind you the ref has just yellow carded Stones for nothing & sent him off....ref is a total wanker.

We were total shit. Southgate is going the same way as all England managers, i.e. after a good start to their tenure they go all cautious and defensive. I got so bored I put on a movie at half time, just saw the score flashes on my phone.

• Thumbs Up 2

New QPR manager Michael Beale has made his first signing, young Chelsea defender Jake Salter-clarke. He coached him as a youngster so knows him well. He has spent the last three seasons on loan at Birmingham and Coventry so has Championship experience.

Rather sign young players looking to impress than old money grabbers like Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp signed and f***d us financially for years.

jcs_02.jpg

• Like 2

Just realised I will be sitting in Harley's pub and hotel in Barrio Barretto, Philippines on the first day of the Premiership (06 August) so really pleased with that.

Only there one night so hoping to try a friend of mine's fish and chips in his chippy before settling down for a nights football. Even got Everton via Chelsea on although that will be 0030 start time in the P.I. Don't think I will be hitting many bars but be great to see some guys I haven't seen in a while.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1