Football

Thinkingallowed

24 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This is a good article about women player's salaries. England's highest paid player is reportedly om £200k a year half what Ronaldo is on a week.

The average woman gets £47k a year while the average male PL player is on £8.2m a year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62378095

Hopefully for the women the interest generated by winning the Euros translates into bums on seats for the WSL 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Hopefully for the women the interest generated by winning the Euros translates into bums on seats for the WSL 

I've watched some games and the standard is much higher than you would expect.

Going to Lord's in September with a mate to watch England v India women ODI. Close to a sell out.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Ronaldo and and Harry Maguire the most abused player's on twitter.

Pretty fair shout for Maguire 🤣

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62390281

There are a lot of cunts out there ... one of the worst aspects of social media

anonymous accounts shouldn't be allowed, if you want to give your opinion directly to celebrities , politicians and sportspersons, then you should be verified ( Facebook, instagram and twitter type platforms ) 

I'm not sure why some prominent people put themselves through it ... Ronaldo uses it as a marketing tool for his "brand" , but I doubt Harry earns much from it ..

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

There are a lot of cunts out there ... one of the worst aspects of social media

anonymous accounts shouldn't be allowed, if you want to give your opinion directly to celebrities , politicians and sportspersons, then you should be verified ( Facebook, instagram and twitter type platforms ) 

I'm not sure why some prominent people put themselves through it ... Ronaldo uses it as a marketing tool for his "brand" , but I doubt Harry earns much from it ..

My understanding is that they pay agents, secretaries and groupies to write and manage their accounts and have very little to do with them.

Bit like footballers autobiographies that most have never even read ...... ghost written.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not so great at 12 yards though ...

Our new boss obviously didn't watch a tape of our 4-1 win over Man Utd last season.

Sarr took a penalty,very similar to the one against WBA & the GK saved it.He had to retake it due to infringement into the area but it was a carbon copy of the first one & was also saved.

So wtf was he doing taking that penalty last night?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1