Football

Thinkingallowed

11 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

@coxyhog

Rovers travel to Vicarage Rd for a midday kick off...... ( thanks skysports) 

Any thoughts mate? 

We scored 4 in the first half in the first game of the season vs QPR & haven't scored in the league since.

We are pretty crap at the moment - all we spent in the close season was £50k on Tom Ince.

Could be anyone's game.

Why is it so hard for some to admit they were wrong, apologize and move on. Seems pretty obvious to me Rubiales let his excitement for the win get in the way of his better judgement. It happens, but why is he now claiming it was consensual. He fcked up, and if he owned his mistake it wouldn't still be headline news.

Spain’s football federation accuses World Cup winner of lying about kiss from president

Spain’s football federation has threatened to take legal action against one of the country’s star players, Jennifer Hermoso, accusing her of lying about being kissed by federation president Luis Rubiales.

Hermoso said Friday that at no point did she consent to a kiss by the country’s soccer chief – at the medal ceremony last Sunday after Spain had won the Women’s World Cup – writing on social media, “I felt vulnerable and a victim of an impulse-driven, sexist, out of place act without any consent on my part.”

In a statement Friday, responding to Hermoso and Spain’s Association of Professional Soccer Players (FUTPRO), the federation defended Rubiales, who described the kiss as “mutual” and spoke of “unjust” campaigns and “fake feminism.”

“The evidence is conclusive. The President has not lied,” the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) said, alongside descriptions of photos attempting to support Rubiales’ claim.

“The RFEF and the President will demonstrate each of the lies that are spread either by someone on behalf of the player or, if applicable, by the player herself.

“The RFEF and the President, given the seriousness of the content of the press release from the Futpro Union, will initiate the corresponding legal actions,” the statement said.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Told you we are crap😂.

Tbh Coxy.... A bit of a smash and grab win for us. We were under the cosh at times and JDT set us up perfectly in a defensive point of view. 

I thought our goal was a wonderful bit of skill but helped by your keeper. 

Once your attackers start hitting the target your lot will be fine. 

Can't see you being out of the top 6 come seasons end. 

As for us... We just need new owners who will spend a bit of brass. We have great young talent and a brilliant manager who's been lied to by the owners... Sold a pup so to speak... And a CEO who's a compulsive liar and continues to fleece loyal fans in the expectancy of regaining the 10,000 lost season ticket holders we once had. 

Wish Jack Walker was still with us.... Waggot wouldn't be fit to sell hotdogs on the concourse. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Stillearly said:

Henderson included as well ... 🤷‍♂️

It's fucking bizarre isn't it !

Although I have to admit my Sterling/Phillips comparison is unfair because they are not the same type of player but there HAS to be an English DM that is better than KP..

He also said that Connor Coady is now playing Championship footie which is apparantly worse than playing in Saudi ..... or not playing at all !!!