Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Grayray, not the way it is written at the moment. You have to have $US100,000 cover, specifically including Covid19. We will be hard pushed to find a company that insures us now over 75 at any price

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

With the government's continuing insistence on arrivals having appropriate insurance for C19 and a 'fit to fly' certificate with several conditions attached, there's not going to be a stampede of tourists any time soon. 

Its not going to be inexpensive either 

Travel insurance.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

54 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Some of ''Tree Town'' at 23.30 yesterday.........

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Ghost town.

I hear soi 6 was busy fairly busy but almost everywhere else was deathly quiet. 

Gotta hand it to flowers, he knows how to get the punters in. 

6 minutes ago, Old Timer said:

Travel insurance.jpg

So if you over 80 I guess you shit out of luck.......

This is only the insurance......Also the quarantine runs 30-40 thousand....

And testing before flight and after 10-15 thousand 

And throw in 30,000 baht for a flight

Throw in another 10 for visa stuff...

A 55 year old guy is looking at about 100,000 baht before his vacation even starts.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

So if you over 80 I guess you shit out of luck.......

This is only the insurance......Also the quarantine runs 30-40 thousand....

And testing before flight and after 10-15 thousand 

And throw in 30,000 baht for a flight

Throw in another 10 for visa stuff...

A 55 year old guy is looking at about 100,000 baht before his vacation even starts.....

This 55 year old guy just might have read the single most depressing post on any board I've been a member of related to traveling to Thailand.

I'm going to keep an optimistic thought about this entire ordeal, but if the Thai govt is going to stick to their guns on this policy, in addition to the other expenses that would have to be undertaken as fforest mentioned above......then gentlemen, it's been a pleasure.

Will be the DR and Kenya for me from this point going forward.

Man has got to have options.

3 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Travel insurance.jpg

I think you're being a bit optimistic with that one, it's IPD only whereas the government also insists on OPD cover, which will jack the price up by 20% or so. That also seems very cheap overall, so I'm not sure if they're on the list of insurance companies approved by the Thai government. Here's Pacific Cross's price list, I believe they are on the approved list:

insurance.jpg.3f0b0312ecacf52fb01383737a

Now where did they put the crying emoticon. I need it!

54 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I think you're being a bit optimistic with that one, it's IPD only whereas the government also insists on OPD cover, which will jack the price up by 20% or so. That also seems very cheap overall, so I'm not sure if they're on the list of insurance companies approved by the Thai government. Here's Pacific Cross's price list, I believe they are on the approved list:

insurance.jpg.3f0b0312ecacf52fb01383737a

Now where did they put the crying emoticon. I need it!

So it would seem that in theory I  could soon do a family visit to the UK  as flights to the UK should resume shortly as the UK has Thailand on its approved list. Unfottunately, I would then not be able to get back in the forseeable future given the continuing Covid19 restrictions and additional prohibited costs associated with the return flight.

11 minutes ago, simon said:

If the Thai government enforce these rules for to long tourists won't need to return to Pattaya cos there won't be anything left to return for.

Covid bla bla bla........Anybody can see in minutes tourism will fall off a cliff almost to zero if this long long list of requirements must be met....They maybe dense but I am certain they are well aware of the outcome of their actions.....

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I think your table from Pacific Cross is intended for annual coverage and satisfies the NEW health requirements ( in reference to Covid-19 ) as well as satisfying the long stay visa requirements of those living in Thailand.

The table I have shown ( which LMG is the insurer for ) is intended for folks arriving on a tourist visa and a relatively short stay.

My wife is an insurance agent and has been for more than 15 years. She represents Pacific Cross as well as most of the larger insurance providers. She also sells the plan you have illustrated, but tells me Pacific Cross also have other plans which are cheaper than the illustration you posted. However in her opinion the the My Travel Cover plan is the most cost effective for anyone visiting as a tourist.

I am by no means an expert on this, and if anyone wants any further details they can contact her directly on 0917642333 or by email on [email protected].

Her English is very good.

Interestingly I asked her about IPD or OPD, and she has checked with the insurer who said the Government doesn't specify either, although Covid-19 would never be treated as OPD.

106701544_603076647288349_510477892906458491_n.jpg

106985648_2604487883148356_4078493886689784871_n.jpg

• Great Info 5

15 hours ago, Jambo said:

So it would seem that in theory I  could soon do a family visit to the UK  as flights to the UK should resume shortly as the UK has Thailand on its approved list. Unfottunately, I would then not be able to get back in the forseeable future given the continuing Covid19 restrictions and additional prohibited costs associated with the return flight.

And don't forget 14 days of compulsory supervised quarantine in an approved hotel, you're not allowed to do it at home. So add on another 40 or 50K Baht.

I was really hoping to get back to Britain for a few weeks in August or September, after my trip in April was cancelled, but I doubt I'll be leaving here much before April or May 2021 the way things are looking.

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Guys It only gets worse......
You need to enlarge to read...

Hotel quarantine rules in Thailand.

I suppose a blow job from the housekeeper is out of the question? 🤣

There has been a ban on international tourists now for months, but almost every barowner on FB is reporting that the first 2 nights have been really busy. In fact one barowner said that town was rocking. Some things just don't add up. 

🤔

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

.... almost every barowner on FB is reporting that the first 2 nights have been really busy. In fact one barowner said that town was rocking.

Does that include Alex at the Rockhouse?

• Haha 2