Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Maybe it will change the face of Pattaya as a pub style venue shouldn't really have an issue with the regulations. Maybe this is the mission of the the government for the future. 

For a single guy who needs hands on it will be an issue, for a guy out with his wife just looking for a quiet pub setting it would likely be acceptable as a social setting.

Things will no doubt change in the future but for the mongers biting at the bit to return on the first available planes into The Land Of Smiles it could be a barrier.

A guy out with his wife looking for a quiet pub setting would not go to Pattaya in the first place.

Without the hands on, lively ahem bars and some charming company it is pretty dull and beach is scruffy.

Can't see it ever going back the way it was and even before all this was changing rapidly. Ach well ....... 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Maybe it will change the face of Pattaya as a pub style venue shouldn't really have an issue with the regulations. Maybe this is the mission of the the government for the future. 

For a single guy who needs hands on it will be an issue, for a guy out with his wife just looking for a quiet pub setting it would likely be acceptable as a social setting.

Things will no doubt change in the future but for the mongers biting at the bit to return on the first available planes into The Land Of Smiles it could be a barrier.

I wouldn't read too much into the 'rules' for entertainment venues. They will be largely ignored as the weeks go on aside the odd 'crackdown' here and there. Throw in a few media articles of cops pointing at barowners who didn't pay enough tea money and before you know it, we have a vaccine and it's business as usual. 

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, nampla69 said:

A guy out with his wife looking for a quiet pub setting would not go to Pattaya in the first place.

Without the hands on, lively ahem bars and some charming company it is pretty dull and beach is scruffy.

Can't see it ever going back the way it was and even before all this was changing rapidly. Ach well ....... 

Tend to agree although when I lived there back in 2003 with my wife we were thankful for the pub style venues that offered good service without the girls.  Trouble is there are less places like that and Pattaya could do with an overhaul of the bar scene. 

Murphy's at the entrance to Pattaya Hill 1 on the dark side is my style as is any other pub environment, used to dine and drink at the Tara hotel up towards Jomtien and any other venue that didn't make my wife feel uncomfortable.   If ever Pattaya had the entertainment venues like Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur or Seoul it might indeed be the type of place a guy out with his wife would enjoy.  Most couples aren't going to complain too much about the beach either....

The City Fathers are looking for ways to up the quality of tourist, they are not looking to increase the girly bar arena for the single man.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

37 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I wouldn't read too much into the 'rules' for entertainment venues. They will be largely ignored as the weeks go on aside the odd 'crackdown' here and there. Throw in a few media articles of cops pointing at barowners who didn't pay enough tea money and before you know it, we have a vaccine and it's business as usual. 

If the City Fathers were serious about changing the face of Pattaya and increasing the quality tourist now would be a perfect time to chuck out the old and bring in the new.

There is a lot of Pattaya I would never miss but I do expect the perceived normal to sneak back in over the next few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

These rules will not be adhered to by bars and clubs ................now who can tell me why ?

brown 2.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

If the City Fathers were serious about changing the face of Pattaya and increasing the quality tourist now would be a perfect time to chuck out the old and bring in the new.

There is a lot of Pattaya I would never miss but I do expect the perceived normal to sneak back in over the next few months.

I don't think they are serious though. Many of the city fathers own bars, clubs and properties related to the sex tourism trade. For the 10+ years I've been visiting pattaya I've always read that a crackdown on the sex tourism trade was imminent, but the bar scene is bigger than ever before.

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I don't think they are serious though. Many of the city fathers own bars, clubs and properties related to the sex tourism trade. For the 10+ years I've been visiting pattaya I've always read that a crackdown on the sex tourism trade was imminent, but the bar scene is bigger than ever before.

And that is the issue....how serious are they about making change happen.   All these plans, visions, dreams and needs are only any good if they are actually carried out.  Some may say we are pessimistic but we can only judge what has been planned by what has happened in the past and that has not been very much.

• Like 2

Just came back from a baht bus ride on Soi Bukow.........Things may be opening back up but is as dead as ever for most businesses..........I mean really dead......I did see about 2 people getting foot massages out of about 10 shops...No tourist means no income.....Not much better than being closed.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Not much quality amongst Chinese, Indian and Russian tourists. 

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Don,t see much changing this side of Christmas & unfortunately that might be to late for some IMO, I hope I,m wrong as I hope to go in the new year but with masks social distancing hand sanitiser to mention a few I doubt I,ll bother.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simon said:

Don,t see much changing this side of Christmas & unfortunately that might be to late for some IMO, I hope I,m wrong as I hope to go in the new year but with masks social distancing hand sanitiser to mention a few I doubt I,ll bother.  

Might have a long weekend end of August in Poole if possible but that's about all I'll be doing this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Horizondave said:

TAT did this years ago. That's why there's now far less Westerners and the place is overrrun with Indian and Chinese quality tourists. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Might have a long weekend end of August in Poole if possible but that's about all I'll be doing this year. 

Wanna buy a Harley bobber 48  but the mrs won't have it 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simon said:

Let's see how it pans out. My suspicion is that like every law in Thailand it will operate in a grey area.

You will have many bars ignoring the rules, then the social distancing wankers will be on posting pictures on Facebook.

This will lead to a few token 'raids' by the pigs here and there. Though as the weeks go on more of the rules will be ignored to the point they will be done away with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monkeyman said:

TAT did this years ago. That's why there's now far less Westerners and the place is overrrun with Indian and Chinese quality tourists. 

Maybe Chinese and Indians are perceived by the city fathers as 'quality tourists' although most of us would not place them in that category.  Then again what is a quality tourist. 

Reality is the TAT and Thailand in general are only interested in the money spent by arrivals and not whether they fit into any bracket that you and I would deem the top quality tourist feted in many countries across the globe.

A new Central Festival or a decent train line is unlikely to entice millionaires into Pattaya if that is what they want. Quality tourist is also a difficult concept to define, we all have our versions of what it stands for but definitely the monger single guy probably doesn't fit what Thailand really wants.

There are already quality destinations in Thailand but those destinations usually mean a superior class hotel that most of us can't afford, a resort area that caters to the whims of people more accustomed to holidaying in Monaco or the Maldives, many sports stars, actresses and well known celebrities already holiday in Thailand but we are unlikely to see them in Pattaya because they crave exclusivity, uniqueness, superior service and mostly privacy..

The reality is that Pattaya does not represent what I believe the elitist tourists require but it could offer a better product, a better infrastructure than is available presently for those willing to spend their hard earned cash.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

These rules will not be adhered to by bars and clubs ................now who can tell me why ?

Because you're going to go in to every go go bar and trash all the rules ??

Grab hold of dancers asses, sniff the waitresses and start telling non PC  jokes about Michael Jackson and Harvey Weinstein ........usual stuff honey. :default_229031_thewave:

• Haha 2