Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

6 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Dunno how far Google history goes back Mr. Force, but it was the Black Pearl around the 2011 / 2012 period mate.

My mates and i had a few memorable Birthday parties there, as you rightly state, there was good ( bloody great in fact ) fun to be had there....

Yes, I am sure I went to the Black Pearl in the late 1990s, certainly went in early 2000s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

Dunno how far Google history goes back Mr. Force, but it was the Black Pearl around the 2011 / 2012 period mate.

My mates and i had a few memorable Birthday parties there, as you rightly state, there was good ( bloody great in fact ) fun to be had there....

It was most definitely The Black Pearl I was thinking of and Aqua-Demi was the one quite close to where I went fishing a few times. In fact it was the guy that owned the fishing park that took me there the first time.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Street View only goes back to December 2012, so the name change from Black Pearl occurred before that point in time.

Wish I had started the DS maps when I first started exploring the bars over there, that would have been in 2009. If I had there would be a few more bars I would have captured the history of. Two that I can remember having swimming pools were the Titty Twister and a private villa off of SCC near where the Black Pearl 2 was located. Fun times, good memories.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

This is the Black Pearl I remember in the early 2000's

VILLA BLACK PEARL PATTAYA (ไทย) - จาก 7247 THB | HOTELMIX

Prior to your picture, it did not have the extended roof. 

The German owner told me that the local Police asked him to make the rear of the Black Pearl more secluded as they were aware of the various goings-on there and wanted it shielded from view of the neighbours, a few of the local plod used to frequent the place......

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I think I went to the great Butterfly bar at the end of Soi Siam Country road in about 1990, that was an experience. SSC was also just fields either side from the start right to Butterfly bar, hardly a building in sight.

Did you suffer the " Butterfly Welcome " ??

Stubbed toes or shins from hitting the low podiums or tables before your eyes adjusted to the darkness inside the bar ???

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

The Black Pearl was great afternoon fun, we used to change up 10 baht coins and your lady would strip off and dive for them, before you dived for her. 😜

That is exactly what I was remembering! 🤣

4 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Did you suffer the " Butterfly Welcome " ??

Stubbed toes or shins from hitting the low podiums or tables before your eyes adjusted to the darkness inside the bar ???

As much as I had got used to go gos and the deal, Butterfly was quite an eye opener. 

Think boss was a lady. 

Used to go many afternoons with some north London lads 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Are any establishments that offer similar secluded daytime fun today 

None as far as i know that are anyway near as good as the original Black Pearl, think of it as akin to Windmill a-gogo in an outside bar.

Of course there are many other places offering various services, such as the 'Gentleman's clubs' which are popping up everywhere, i've had some good times in some in Soi Boomerang, but to be honest they are no where near as much fun as the BP was in it's day, but then i am a filth addicted pervy bugger !!!

Now i live mostly up country, and getting a tad out of touch of the current scene, i would be very happy to hear from any Pattaya resident of anywhere that offered a BP'esque experience.......

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

The Black Pearl was great afternoon fun, we used to change up 10 baht coins and your lady would strip off and dive for them, before you dived for her. 😜

I feel as if I shortchanged myself in not having given myself the opportunity in the years that have flown by.     

:default_cheers:

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I feel as if I shortchanged myself in not having given myself the opportunity in the years that have flown by.     

:default_cheers:

Worry not, back in the day i likely had enough debauchery in the BP for you, me and a few other chaps too !!!!

There are probably enough stories to be told by various members here that it would warrant a new thread of it's own....although i suspect some may be to shy to admit to what they got up to or that present day wifes / GF's would be not best pleased to hear of such goings on.....

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

I'm I right in thinking the early Black Pearl wasn't on Soi Siam Country club but a road off

of it?

VILLA BLACK PEARL PATTAYA (ไทย) - จาก 7247 THB | HOTELMIX

Correct, it was on Soi 3240, it has a local name but i'm buggered if i can think of it now....

If you were at the Butterfly bar, go back towards Pattaya for about 300mtrs to the crazy crossroads, turn right and go to the end, turn right again and the infamous BP was about 200mtrs on the right side.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

For those that like some rock music and pool together the

rear of the Matador bar on Soi Buakhao.......great air con.....

20230730_004714.jpg

What is the volume of the music, hopefully not as loud as their bar at the back of Treetown ???