Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 9/20/2023 at 3:25 PM, bob lt said:

New bar on Soi Chaiyapoon on the former site of King's Wholesale suppliers, i e. next to Kubla.

IMG20230920160347.jpg

Opening soon, maybe Friday 

I'm really getting to like soi pothole. It's fast becoming a decent street to spend an afternoon on. There's a nice selection of bars, no shortage of girls and the atmosphere was really laid back and friendly on my last trip.

Dive Bar and Maggie mays along with Triangle are all worth a visit.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm really getting to like soi pothole. It's fast becoming a decent street to spend an afternoon on. There's a nice selection of bars, no shortage of girls and the atmosphere was really laid back and friendly on my last trip.

Dive Bar and Maggie mays along with Triangle are all worth a visit.

I would add Kubla Bar to that list. Fair drink prices, friendly staff, music at a tolerable level and a good pool table.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I spotted these 2 places in Walking Street last evening:

20231001_184315.jpg

20230930_220636.jpg

What the heck?....First the Arab bars then the Russian bars then the Indian bars.....This place looks Chinese......Walking Street needs to stick to its roots....Retired expat farangs with a pension...

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, fforest said:

What the heck?....First the Arab bars then the Russian bars then the Indian bars.....This place looks Chinese......Walking Street needs to stick to its roots....Retired expat farangs with a pension...

A bucket of 5 beers for 580 Baht...???

There is no way I'd pay 116 Baht for a large beer Chang !!... They are large beers aren't they ???

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Not sure if I missed it on here , but the Bars opposite Craft Cottage on Soi Diana have been demolished.... new bars incoming.... ? 

Yeh, I noticed that on Sunday but forgot to mention it ..

There was a Farang bloke and Thai woman (wife?) standing in the grounds looking at plans of the area having what looked like a Construction Kick Off meeting with their Thai Site Manager ...

• Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Also they've renovated the outside of the old penthouse it looks like in an effort to get it sold to a new owner

Not just the outside. They've been working on it for months. 

Are you sure it hasn't been sold already, and it is the new owner doing the renovation work? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Not just the outside. They've been working on it for months. 

Are you sure it hasn't been sold already, and it is the new owner doing the renovation work? 

I had heard the same. I posted a series of pics of the interior work going on back in July. I'd link to the post, but it's kind of pointless since the older photos are now just a bunch of broken links.

The for sale sign in Larry's pic is new as it wasn't there in July. So maybe the new owner gave up and it's back on the market.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 4

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

These new sports bars have to carve out a loyal following and there's so many places in town now.

Exacerbated by the natural problem created by the Time Difference between Thailand and Live sporting events compounded by Bar open/closing times.. .. Especially mid-week !!

How many charge extra for a beer because they show "Live Sports" even though it is only for a couple of hours over a weekend ????? Retox springs to mind...A sheeple rip off place if ever there was one !!!

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Also they've renovated the outside of the old penthouse it looks like in an effort to get it sold to a new owner

IMG_20231014_073707.jpg

For me over the many years... the loyalty usually came down to the owner and/or manager. Guys like you.

:default_bow:

:default_geri:

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, fforest said:

I-Rovers sports bar seems to do pretty good.....I only go there for the baht buster breakfast......Some fairly cute girls work there.....

Have you ever been in there for breakfast whilst the American "Super Golden Bowl World Series Play-Off Final" is on?

By f**k those "cute girls" are too busy getting fingered to bother to serve anybody not willing to enhance their salary. Never again. Ever!

Witherspoons had problems of a different sort whilst the game was on...Large groups of large Americans taking up all the seats whilst sharing a bottle of water, effectively watching the game for free and preventing anybody else from sitting and eating breakfast.

Perhaps Pattaya DOES need more Sports Bars !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

A few weeks ago I posted that they were building a new sports bar in the old Katesiree opposite Pattaya City hospital. I joked about that it's just what we needed another sports bar.

Well this morning out on a walk I go by Dynamite and it seems it's going to be a new sports bar as well probably 25 m away from the other one that is just opening. Incredible I wish every business well but I really don't understand the need or if they'll have the customer base.

In the US I always found that sports fans tended to be loyal to a specific bar for watching sporting events. A good example here in Pattaya is Witherspoons that draws a huge crowd for English football.

These new sports bars have to carve out a loyal following and there's so many places in town now.

IMG_20231014_071328.jpg

Now that I have my new hip I can look forward to a return to Thailand which is in fact now booked for the whole of next March.

I have been binge watching all the Utube videos of these blogger guys riding round Pattaya filming the usual Soi's which make up the entertainment hot spots.

I have come to the following conclusions:

1. A great many venues did not survive Covid but have been reborn presumably under new ownership and with a new name.

2. If one believes the comments from these bloggers there are nevertheless many venues currently up for sale.

3. Notwithstanding the above, brand new venues seem to be appearing all over Town.

I cannot help wondering where are all the customers going to come from to support all these venues?

I would not mind betting that for every venue that is busy with customers there are another two struggling to make a living.

ps 

This comments for Larry (Soi7)

I watched a video on AC yesterday now calling itself "Walking Street"

Talk about "All Change." I don't think I recognized any of the bars/GoGo's from the days we went sniffing around. Even those dumps you used to frequent in Fields Ave seem to have all changed. 🤣

• Like 4

Penthouse up for 220M Baht 🤣 That's over 5 million quid.

It's a big footprint I know, but I can't help but think the price is a bit ridiculous, even though the location is good (albeit on a dead Soi).

https://thailandproperty.com/property/famous-penthouse-hotel-pattaya-now-for-sale-price-220-mb-ขายโรงแรมเพนท์เ/

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 3

31 minutes ago, halfaboy said:

Taking only the rooms into account, this price would mean 4.4 million baht per room. But there are more amenities in this building.

Yep, I think it's advertised as 50 rooms, and as you say, extra amenities. Factor in also the area that used to be Kitten Club downstairs which could be repurposed as it's a fairly sizeable room.

It is a shame Pattayaland 2 has died a death. I walked along there in Sept 22 which was my first post covid trip, Classroom was hanging on for dear life and was the only place open on the street at midnight. Turn the clock back to 2003 and it was a job to get a seat in there at times, and that's before going to Mistys etc.

I've no idea how Boyztown survives, even with BM @Nightcrawler as its most prolific customer, I've never seen anyone actually go in there or much by the way of neon lights (not that I pay much attention anyway and rarely visit the area as I've no reason to).

Same goes for Pattayaland 1. Again, the local businesses keep the street scrupulously clean from litter etc, but business wise this small pocket of streets seems to be devoid of customers and viable businesses to attract anyone.

It was only a matter of time before the PH bit the bullet I think. The rooms were awful, cluttered and tired, the Hotel itself was a great location, but a lack of serious modernisation probably did for it. It needed some investment to make the rooms contemporary, clean up the outside and basically overhaul the place, but at 220MB as an initial investment, I can see the price being reduced and the place turned into rubble, along with an awful amount of sex tourist DNA that was over the floors, walls and ceilings.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Yep, I think it's advertised as 50 rooms, and as you say, extra amenities. Factor in also the area that used to be Kitten Club downstairs which could be repurposed as it's a fairly sizeable room.

It is a shame Pattayaland 2 has died a death. I walked along there in Sept 22 which was my first post covid trip, Classroom was hanging on for dear life and was the only place open on the street at midnight. Turn the clock back to 2003 and it was a job to get a seat in there at times, and that's before going to Mistys etc.

I've no idea how Boyztown survives, even with BM @Nightcrawler as its most prolific customer, I've never seen anyone actually go in there or much by the way of neon lights (not that I pay much attention anyway and rarely visit the area as I've no reason to).

Same goes for Pattayaland 1. Again, the local businesses keep the street scrupulously clean from litter etc, but business wise this small pocket of streets seems to be devoid of customers and viable businesses to attract anyone.

It was only a matter of time before the PH bit the bullet I think. The rooms were awful, cluttered and tired, the Hotel itself was a great location, but a lack of serious modernisation probably did for it. It needed some investment to make the rooms contemporary, clean up the outside and basically overhaul the place, but at 220MB as an initial investment, I can see the price being reduced and the place turned into rubble, along with an awful amount of sex tourist DNA that was over the floors, walls and ceilings.

Funny, but I stayed at Classroom in August 2022 and the main reason I stayed there was because I wanted to immerse myself in the night time mayhem.

Well, how wrong I was, the street was a dead zone. It was really quiet when I sat on my balcony at night, the only action was in the Classroom itself, although really now just an enjoyable drinking den, and no longer the crazy and sexy school girl dressed show bar it used to be.

Nice rooms there though.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Butch said:

I spent nearly every day in 2003 sitting out the front of Cheers bar in Soi Pattayaland 2. I doubt at the time there was a better spot anywhere in the world for people watching.

• Like 4