Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A new bar has opened on Bongkoch Soi 8.
P5040019.jpg

Entrances on both sides of the building.
P5040022.jpg

I was riding up 2nd Rd and it was only after I had passed the 747 that it registered in my mind something had changed. The 747 is getting a new paint job.
P5040025.jpg

P5040026.jpgP5040032.jpg

P5040036.jpg

P5040038.jpg

P5040039.jpg

I wonder what will be replacing Aqua Scape Market on Beach Rd.
P5040047.jpg

Looks like the 747 is ready for flight......Maybe take the Chinese tour groups out to Koh Larn for the afternoon and fly them back again.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, fforest said:

Hmm i dont believe tourists hitting the 6 for first time would be dissapointed ...if there youngish,smar oldish with cash and not idiots,this post could have been written from 10 years ago tbh,i had a great time there last year with plenty of repeat girls " 1000 bht st,but i like a bit o flesh,one was a skinny ish one,just not big fattys ,as far as i remember 90bht /100 bht was most bars for a beer,stl a couple cheaper.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Is there any point reading stickman these days .... all of his information is second or third hand 🤷‍♂️

I struggle to think who his target audience would be, maybe the same older generation that he describes whom seem to be living in the past.

It's only a few weeks ago that I was on the 6 and the amount of available girls of all shapes and sizes was very impressive.

100s of them and I do mean 100s of them all hoping to snare a ST.

If I was a newbie walking the 6, I would be overwhelmed and delighted with the amount of available pussy!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

48 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Hmm i dont believe tourists hitting the 6 for first time would be dissapointed ...

Absolutely they wouldn't be, just the opposite from my visit a few weeks ago.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:39 PM, maipenrai said:

I dropped into the Las Vegas complex for the first time last night; the place was probably between 2/3 and 3/4 full and the band appeared to be beginning for the evening. I sat at a bar about a quarter of the way in and had a Sangsom, and bought a drink for a girl there. I think my drink was 80b and hers was 170b. I was enjoying chatting with her and then the band started and like most music bars, it was simply too loud to have an easy conversation. There was a noise meter quite close to this bar and it was hovering between 95 - 100db while the band played. I think it's a nice place and I will go back but I'll definitely be sitting as close to the entrance as possible if the band is on.

Do you think it might be because there is a roof on the complex and the sound from the amplifiers has nowhere to go but bounce off the walls?

I've been to rock concerts in both outdoor amphitheaters and arenas and all things being equal, the sound always sounded louder and fuller inside an arena, especially if the acoustics were top quality. Being outdoors, the sound has a place to go and the listener doesn't feel so bombarded with an ear-splitting sound.

I've seen a couple of the vloggers I subscribe to, namely Nick Dean, use their channels to keep their audience updated on the progress of that complex, and when I'm back next month, I'll have a look for myself. But I'm with several of you guys on the volume, if it's just too damn loud to even have a conversation with a bar girl or with a mate, then I'm out of there.

I think that is one of the secrets of Billabong on LK Metro doing such good trade. When the band is playing, the open air allows for the sound to fade out into the night while all the customers sitting at the tables can enjoy a drink and casual conversation with a companion or their friends and not feel any need to split the scene due to the band being played at such a high volume.

Maybe if the word gets out about that on Las Vegas, they will lower the volume to a more reasonable level.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Don't hold ya breath mate, it's one thing many places get wrong, including several bars on the 6. 

I managed to suffer the music in "Lust" on Soi 6 for a wee while, but it was so loud as to be bloody offensive.

Excessively loud music can and does deter repeat customers, I'd have stayed there and purchased more drinks had the music been at a reasonable level. Sometimes a manager should "read" the bar and customer base and adjust the volume of the music accordingly.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Butch said:

I managed to suffer the music in "Lust" on Soi 6 for a wee while, but it was so loud as to be bloody offensive.

Excessively loud music can and does deter repeat customers, I'd have stayed there and purchased more drinks had the music been at a reasonable level. Sometimes a manager should "read" the bar and customer base and adjust the volume of the music accordingly.

Several of those bars on the 6 have the music that loud, I can't actually stand out on the street in front of them.

Insane methinks!

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Some bars play it for the staff and don't care about the customers and then there are bars that will play it for the customers not worrying about the staff. The successful ones will find the happy medium

• Thumbs Up 7

On 5/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, Stillearly said:

Is there any point reading stickman these days .... all of his information is second or third hand 🤷‍♂️

Haven't read him for years.

I think he may have gotten thrown out of kilter when he went back to New Zealand for that stint.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 6:33 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Some bars play it for the staff and don't care about the customers and then there are bars that will play it for the customers not worrying about the staff. The successful ones will find the happy medium

Dolls was about the best mix/balance regarding that I have ever seen, along with a good sound system. Always throughly enjoyed myself in there, the music was a big part of it.

29 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Haven't read him for years.

I think he may have gotten thrown out of kilter when he went back to New Zealand for that stint.

Yup he has guys that feed him his stories thats true but he is spot on with what he posts. Paul has friends that are in the Bar business or have been so his Info is good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Over the screen at the front (3rd Road side) of the DK Town beer bar site.  Sorry for the lighting but the sun wasn't really up yet.

dk beer 03.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Over the screen at the front (3rd Road side) of the DK Town beer bar site.  Sorry for the lighting but the sun wasn't really up yet.

dk beer 03.jpg

I heard them working this morning and seeing no gate on the 3rd Rd side I says to myself, there must be another entrance they're using. And lo and behold, just down Soi 14 I spied the entrance to the backside of the complex.

P5090001.jpg

P5090003.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

44 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

And lo and behold, just down Soi 14 I spied the entrance to the backside of the complex.

At the back there beside the old football pitches is where my previous photos have been taken.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I heard them working this morning and seeing no gate on the 3rd Rd side I says to myself, there must be another entrance they're using. And lo and behold, just down Soi 14 I spied the entrance to the backside of the complex.

P5090001.jpg

P5090003.jpg

I'm guessing there's going to be 20 units or more in that area with no parking and technically very little foot traffic I just don't see it

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I'm guessing there's going to be 20 units or more in that area with no parking and technically very little foot traffic I just don't see it

Things To Consider Before Buying A Washing Machine | The Laundry Center | NYC Laundry Pickup And ...

• Haha 2

Posted on another forum was a link to a FB page with the floor plan for the new DK Beer Town complex. While I noticed the empty land behind where they're currently working, I hadn't realized they were going to plant beer bars there too.

According to the plan, like Myth they have very little space set aside for parking. If it were me, I would have opted for one or more less rows of bars at the back and used the space for parking. If, after the complex opened, business exceeded expectations, then I would have added more bars. The other thing in the plus column for such a plan, with fewer bars it takes less customers to make the place look busy.
441212079_3550748815185477_6389143611404207901_n.jpg

Some pics of the area earmarked for rows B thru E, starting with the entrance to the complex off of Soi 14.
P5100003.jpg

P5100005.jpg

P5100006.jpg

P5100016_stitch.jpg

P5100018.jpg

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Posted on another forum was a link to a FB page with the floor plan for the new DK Beer Town complex. While I noticed the empty land behind where they're currently working, I hadn't realized they were going to plant beer bars there too.

According to the plan, like Myth they have very little space set aside for parking. If it were me, I would have opted for one or more less rows of bars at the back and used the space for parking. If, after the complex opened, business exceeded expectations, then I would have added more bars. The other thing in the plus column for such a plan, with fewer bars it takes less customers to make the place look busy.
441212079_3550748815185477_6389143611404207901_n.jpg

Some pics of the area earmarked for rows B thru E, starting with the entrance to the complex off of Soi 14.
P5100003.jpg

P5100005.jpg

P5100006.jpg

P5100016_stitch.jpg

P5100018.jpg

65 or 66 spots based on that picture they've got to be mad and I'll tell you I want everybody to succeed here I want the town to flourish but that location with little to no parking 65 or 66 bars you got to be shitting me. Even the new made in Thailand complex many bars are not doing well. We'll see what happens I'm guessing some deposits have already been made if the working is continuing.

• Thumbs Up 3