Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

22 minutes ago, farangme said:

I told you...lol I know the Thais, NOTHING will impede their rice bowl. Markets packed too. What should be happening here, Brits are frightened rats. 

We will see what happens as the day goes on. They are circumventing the rules. Lots of bars still shut including soi 6 etc.

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Surely it deserves a topic of its own.

not really,   its just another step on the stairway once it passes,  thai issues in one thread, non thai in another,  thats what members asked for and makes sense, as its cleaner that way

cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

not really,   its just another step on the stairway once it passes,  thai issues in one thread, non thai in another,  thats what members asked for and makes sense, as its cleaner that way

cheers

That's fair enough though it might be handy for folks in Pattaya to get an idea of where is open and where is closed over the coming weeks.

I had to go down Soi Khoa Talo this afternoon, all the small bars ( not Booze Lounge ) were open. Came back 90 minutes later and all except one were closed and shuttered up, the one that was open had zero customers in it.

There's a taxi lad that lives next door to me and works on Second Road, he was home and finished at 7pm and said no work for him now.

3 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I had to go down Soi Khoa Talo this afternoon, all the small bars ( not Booze Lounge ) were open. Came back 90 minutes later and all except one were closed and shuttered up, the one that was open had zero customers in it.

There's a taxi lad that lives next door to me and works on Second Road, he was home and finished at 7pm and said no work for him now.

Interesting. 

I think some were waiting for the official letter.

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

Interesting. 

I think some were waiting for the official letter.

I'd say they were just chancing it in the hope of getting a few baht in the till ? All are thai owned but financed by various farangs. Booze Lounge was closed both times.

I feel sorry for a girl I know that works near here, she had a customer book her from the 10/3 to 27/3, he's cleared off back home 2 days ago, she went back to work yesterday and now her bar's closed, her family and boyfriend in the jungle won't be happy about the lack of cash coming back to them, god forbid they may have to go and find work themselves now !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I'd say they were just chancing it in the hope of getting a few baht in the till ? All are thai owned but financed by various farangs. Booze Lounge was closed both times.

I feel sorry for a girl I know that works near here, she had a customer book her from the 10/3 to 27/3, he's cleared off back home 2 days ago, she went back to work yesterday and now her bar's closed, her family and boyfriend in the jungle won't be happy about the lack of cash coming back to them, god forbid they may have to go and find work themselves now !

Ofc they were chancing their arm but to do it so brazenly in cowboy and nana is absolute madness. I don't think brown envelopes are gonna sort this out. The richest families in Thailand are behind the likes of Leo and Chang. Imagine the brown envelopes they could fill.

10 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Phil, me, others who have businesses here are quite frankly scared.  the outlook for re opening is grim.  bars and diners on the darkside have all been told to close now too.  

for me the slow down began months ago as tourism took a hit.  we have scraped thru to now, but in one night  bars lost all their income, and the radio took another whacking hit on income too.  I am sure phil will come thru the other side but trust me, the other side of the balance sheet remains just as high.  Obviously its global but here we cant go to the bank for a loan or mortgage.  As you know I sold a house to keep my business afloat during the 1st year of the coup here.  cant do same again.  

so here's wishing the likes of Egg, and all the others in the same boat, and me all the best and the hope that we all crawl thru and can stand up again soon.

or we will have to become drug dealers, i hear there is money in that 😉

Sorry to hear that. At least western govts are promising their citizens nobody will lose their business or home. No such promise from the Thai govt. They certainly won't help any foreigners in financial difficulty.

20 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Phil, me, others who have businesses here are quite frankly scared.  the outlook for re opening is grim.  bars and diners on the darkside have all been told to close now too.  

for me the slow down began months ago as tourism took a hit.  we have scraped thru to now, but in one night  bars lost all their income, and the radio took another whacking hit on income too.  I am sure phil will come thru the other side but trust me, the other side of the balance sheet remains just as high.  Obviously its global but here we cant go to the bank for a loan or mortgage.  As you know I sold a house to keep my business afloat during the 1st year of the coup here.  cant do same again.  

so here's wishing the likes of Egg, and all the others in the same boat, and me all the best and the hope that we all crawl thru and can stand up again soon.

or we will have to become drug dealers, i hear there is money in that 😉

Worrying times indeed Tom. Stay strong mate and you'l  come through somehow ...... wish you all the very best in tough times ahead.

Found one of your old Pattaya 105.com Happy Christmas green  t-shirts at the weekend Tom from back in the day  ...came in handy when changing the wheel trims :default_cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Worrying times indeed Tom. Stay strong mate and you'l  come through somehow ...... wish you all the very best in tough times ahead.

Found one of your old Pattaya 105.com Happy Christmas green  t-shirts at the weekend Tom from back in the day  ...came in handy when changing the wheel trims :default_cheers:

i have a frew from the 105 days, they make great bog roll, might export to oz

• Haha 1