Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

gogos and nightclubs i expect loud muzak but in a bar or speak easy i hate it.  a lot fo the problem is echo from concrete glass and tiles and it always saddens me that people invest in a great setup but forget to install enough speakers, and a sound leveling system that means they dont have to have the sound above a comfort level for most. 

the era scooters plays is great music but at the same time there was a production competition among record makers to be the loudest.  the sound quality then wasnt as today either and so a loud volume causes distortion anyway.  will be in scooters son to visit and hope to find someone has the brains that others dont have and has a level that is comfortable and can be talked over, unless its a disco.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

gogos and nightclubs i expect loud muzak but in a bar or speak easy i hate it.  a lot fo the problem is echo from concrete glass and tiles and it always saddens me that people invest in a great setup but forget to install enough speakers, and a sound leveling system that means they dont have to have the sound above a comfort level for most. 

the era scooters plays is great music but at the same time there was a production competition among record makers to be the loudest.  the sound quality then wasnt as today either and so a loud volume causes distortion anyway.  will be in scooters son to visit and hope to find someone has the brains that others dont have and has a level that is comfortable and can be talked over, unless its a disco.

I bet you say this to everyone :-)

Tom, when I visited the sound was all over the place, no crossfade and they weren’t running a volume leveler or compressor over the mix (Tom will understand this)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Tom, when I visited the sound was all over the place, no crossfade and they weren’t running a volume leveler or compressor over the mix (Tom will understand this)

Good to know about the sound but I would say most punters could not care less about crossfade, compressor over the mix, etc etc...all they care about is the sound level and you can always ask for it to be turned downed and if they do not...walk..

But lets get to the important things that most of us want to know when you visited.....

Was the beer cold.....and did they have a good line up of girls....and were they interactive ???

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

There were 19 working days to transform Secrets into Scooters and it was inevitable that there would be items that needed fine tuning after the reopening. Finding out that  no less than four TV's had been fried on the very afternoon of the opening Party was the most frustrating and it is recognised that the music video's are not 100% as yet . Fortunately we have Mr Egg to point out the technical deficiences which I am equally 100% certain  most customers would not have noticed at all.

The first week has been very good and support is continuing to build.

Do come and see the  "  good line up of girls.. "   first hand yourself because they ARE! 😛

The good news about the first batch of  promotions will follow very shortly.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jambo said:

There were 19 working days to transform Secrets into Scooters and it was inevitable that there would be items that needed fine tuning after the reopening. Finding out that  no less than four TV's had been fried on the very afternoon of the opening Party was the most frustrating and it is recognised that the music video's are not 100% as yet . Fortunately we have Mr Egg to point out the technical deficiences which I am equally 100% certain  most customers would not have noticed at all.

The first week has been very good and support is continuing to build.

Do come and see the  "  good line up of girls.. "   first hand yourself because they ARE! 😛

The good news about the first batch of  promotions will follow very shortly.

Mr D

how about a photo lineup like back in Secrets day?

regards

grayray

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:53 AM, galenkia said:

Depends on the atmosphere and clientele for me.Have spent many a brilliant night in a beer bar with the music pounding and everyone having a good time.

Though i do love a loud gogo like Queen Club and a disco/club.

Gal,

when ya in your 20/30s full of lager and good gear, it is a lot different when ya in you 50/60.70s

I went a few years back with my headbanger nephews/nieces to a local pub with a great headbanging band,had great night the young ones thought it was great seeing a old [65] white haired bloke bouncing around in his second childhood,spent the night with a 32 yr old slapper,who I enjoyed for the next 2 days LOL:default_evil: ruff/ruff

regards

grayray

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The following is not myself but lifted from elsewhere. Personally I have no idea how busy Secrets was originally at the same time of day

"After an afternoon on Soi 6 with a couple of mates yesterday we decided to check out the new Scooters at Secrets on the way back to Pratumnak.

All I can is that it is not an afternoon / early evening venue. When we arrived, around 6pm, there were three staff behind the bar, no girls and no customers. Had the prices been more Scooter like we might have stayed for a drink but at that time it was not worth paying 145 baht for a Heineken to sit in an empty bar"

• Great Info 2

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

The following is not myself but lifted from elsewhere. Personally I have no idea how busy Secrets was originally at the same time of day

"After an afternoon on Soi 6 with a couple of mates yesterday we decided to check out the new Scooters at Secrets on the way back to Pratumnak.

All I can is that it is not an afternoon / early evening venue. When we arrived, around 6pm, there were three staff behind the bar, no girls and no customers. Had the prices been more Scooter like we might have stayed for a drink but at that time it was not worth paying 145 baht for a Heineken to sit in an empty bar"

Secrets was never really an afternoon venue doing nothing much more than ticking over during the daytime. Most, if not all, Bars and GoGo's in the Walking Street area are evening venues and I doubt if Scooters at Secrets is going to be too much different in the immediate future. I was in the bar on Friday and at 7.30 and it was not very busy but by 11pm or so it was very busy.

HOWEVER, commencing as from today Scooters at Secrets is pleased to announce an incentive to those who like to start their night out in the early evening

Happy Hour  Poster.jpg

And from 10pm until closing time an effective 99 baht offer on a selection of premium bottled beers.

Bargain Buckets.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Secrets was never really an afternoon venue doing nothing much more than ticking over during the daytime. Most, if not all, Bars and GoGo's in the Walking Street area are evening venues and I doubt if Scooters at Secrets is going to be too much different in the immediate future. I was in the bar on Friday and at 7.30 and it was not very busy but by 11pm or so it was very busy.

HOWEVER, commencing as from today Scooters at Secrets is pleased to announce an incentive to those who like to start their night out in the early evening

Happy Hour  Poster.jpg

And from 10pm until closing time an effective 99 baht offer on a selection of premium bottled beers.

Bargain Buckets.jpg

Excellent Dan.

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Happy Hour  Poster.jpg

Bargain Buckets.jpg

I agree with most of your posts and most of this one.... but disagree on one point.

Towards the end of Secrets...yes it was not an afternoon bar...but a few years back when the two shifts were going it was still worth dropping into for a coldie or two in the arvo/early evening.

In fact... some of the afternoon girls would more than hold their own against some that worked the night shift in both looks and attitude.... but they were in the "glory" days of Secrets.

Agree the area is a night time venue.... but in the past it was not a bad afternoon early evening venue. 

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 4/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, Rompho Ray said:

Not a lot of Secrets logos on view considering the "partnership" or "mutual franchise" talk BTW.

Strange one !   - Its on all the main outside signs, the Street sign, all the drinks menus, posters, Hostess promotion Boards, web landing page, face-book etc  When you agree a franchise to "re-brand" surely that brand should be prevalent. 

On 3/31/2019 at 7:42 AM, BarryL said:

is like cambodia secrets. first said dress code.now shrts teeshirts and sandals like beer bar

This dress code is not relaxed, as its been in force at all our other locations and is well received by 99.9% of customers. We do of course get the odd complaint from the "Unwashed"   🙂

We use many original tracks at Scooters from the 50's to 80's, where sound quality is debatable but the tunes never grow old. As we have only  been open a week, we will obviously be monitoring all aspects of the business. NB: we use a sound leveling program on the computer, which works to a degree, but is not infallible. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Scooter Man said:

We use many original tracks at Scooters from the 50's to 80's, where sound quality is debatable but the tunes never grow old. As we have only  been open a week, we will obviously be monitoring all aspects of the business. NB: we use a sound leveling program on the computer, which works to a degree, but is not infallible. 😉 

The music certainly appeals to me.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Scooter Man said:

Guys we have listened to what has been said about the Volume, and spoken to our Bar Manager Anthony, we will monitor volumes to ensure they are an exceptable level, but !!   - Too please all would take many lifetimes in this business  😉 

The music is great it really is but two out of four nights I was in young Anthony pumped up de volume when he walked in and loads of us check binned.

Kaew Thai manager used to do the same.

Thanks for listening and have to say night 4 the eye candy was popping so ........... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, roobob said:

Towards the end of Secrets...yes it was not an afternoon bar...but a few years back when the two shifts were going it was still worth dropping into for a coldie or two in the arvo/early evening.

In fact... some of the afternoon girls would more than hold their own against some that worked the night shift in both looks and attitude.... but they were in the "glory" days of Secrets.

Agree the area is a night time venue.... but in the past it was not a bad afternoon early evening venue. 

Spending some money on girls and marketing to develop this place as a good afternoon venue might pay off. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, roobob said:

cheers

You are quite correct, in years gone by Secrets had an awesome afternoon line up and was indeed a great venue to visit in the afternoons. Sadly this hasn't been the case for quite a few years now.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 5