Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Well it looks they finally trimmed down the staff ...I looked a number of videos after covid hit and for many many many months afterwards it looked like they kept a HUGE number of staff/girls on the payroll...Never saw more than 2-3 customers ever....

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Great news for all on here who used to crawl up to Ben, till they switched to hating him.

image.png

I never hated him , can't say I hate anyone strong word hate.

Met him a few times and thought he was a tit. 

No hate, just observations.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, roomark said:

Met him a few times and thought he was a tit. 

That would be a reasonable observation😀

Going into Secrets years back people were falling over themselves to drink with him, and would defend him/Secrets to the death.

Now he's dirt- for me he hasn't changed. Got not problems going in his bar in PP, but never wanted to be seen as being his mate back in the day when the was the flavour of the month. Can understand "investors" being hacked off, or employees not having enjoyed the experience but  the amount of hate against him (not directing this at you) just makes me  smile.

Guy's a chancer , always was, if people got taken in by him then more fool them. He does though know how to get a great bar off the ground. His PP shop is really impressive but too large a venue for it's type.

For one I'll be happy to check out Secrets again next time i'm in PP.

• Like 6

All staff and customers have been vaccinated ??

What does this mean?

The staff I can understand....You can almost force your staff to get the vaxx....To keep their job.....

But the customers?.....They can not force customers to get a vaxx...The customer can say screw you and walk to the next bar....And Ben can close the doors forever....

If business is so bad they can't even pay the web hosting for their website, I think they need every customer they can get....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

All staff and customers have been vaccinated ??

What does this mean?

The staff I can understand....You can almost force your staff to get the vaxx....To keep their job.....

But the customers?.....They can not force customers to get a vaxx

I will guess the add wording is a f**k up. Maybe it is meant to mean that customers are required to have proof of vaccination / covid passport in order to be served. It is that way in many countries

7 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

That would be a reasonable observation😀

Going into Secrets years back people were falling over themselves to drink with him, and would defend him/Secrets to the death.

Now he's dirt- for me he hasn't changed. Got not problems going in his bar in PP, but never wanted to be seen as being his mate back in the day when the was the flavour of the month. Can understand "investors" being hacked off, or employees not having enjoyed the experience but  the amount of hate against him (not directing this at you) just makes me  smile.

Guy's a chancer , always was, if people got taken in by him then more fool them. He does though know how to get a great bar off the ground. His PP shop is really impressive but too large a venue for it's type.

For one I'll be happy to check out Secrets again next time i'm in PP.

Met him a couple of times. He was always civil...always went out of his way to say a quick hi and small chat and leave you to do your own thing. Helped me out with some good information at one time..... never a problem. I treated him as he treated me..so we had no problems.

Agree with you about the some that were so far up his a**e that you could only see the soles of their feet who seemed to suddenly dislike the bloke because he upped and moved to Cambodia and closed down the other forum without telling them......555..... some of their moaning is still going on....they found out that they were not that important as they thought....555

As said...did nothing wrong with me...good luck to the bloke for his place in Cambodia....hope it goes well...the same as all who have a business in these hard times.   

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Met him a couple of times. He was always civil...always went out of his way to say a quick hi and small chat and leave you to do your own thing. Helped me out with some good information at one time..... never a problem. I treated him as he treated me..so we had no problems.

Agree with you about the some that were so far up his a**e that you could only see the soles of their feet who seemed to suddenly dislike the bloke because he upped and moved to Cambodia and closed down the other forum without telling them......555..... some of their moaning is still going on....they found out that they were not that important as they thought....555 As said...did nothing wrong with me...good luck to the bloke for his place in Cambodia....hope it goes well...the same as all who have a business in these hard times.   

cheers

Cheers, I don't wish ill on any business owners going through this nightmare.

The bar in PP is really impressive, but way too big-  136st has loads of small beers bars, and a pretty frugal clientele 😀 He was very open with me about his target market was Asian customers, with money to spend.

My experience with him is very similar to yours. A quick hello, and never anything but civil but wouldn't linger- he's pretty good at reading people. That said  I wouldn't though be looking to  buy a % off him.🤔

• Like 2

I must try this bar if I ever get to Cambodia (never been), I am vaccinated and can prove it so I might get in for a couple of beers. 

Thankfully I will be the guy sitting in the corner as far away as possible from the managers table but in view of the girly staff.  Don't go for all this 'meeting the owner' stuff;  only ever done this with Lee at Noi's bar where I then met Alex of the Rockhouse. Have met Mr Egg but only through meeting him at the Rockhouse first.

I just like to concentrate on drinking and seeing the girls so not sure I will meet this guy, Ben, don't even know what he looks like but perhaps if he is in the bar I would know it is him, sounds like he is a bit of a character.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 months later...
  • misteregg changed the title to Secrets Hotel Open Again November 2021
41 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Is it working for you, or is there an alternative?

When this virus bullshit is over I have been asked to go over to Angeles city and have a look at a group of bars planned to be redone and opened by a Australian investment group. I will not even consider full time work anywhere for any money. It will be a consulting visit kinda of a paid holiday a month at the most and then back to Pattaya. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1