Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

On 2/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, Tailspin said:

Personally, I will miss that forum. Hey I've loved that bar and the hotel for years. I'll miss the historic fun atmosphere of the bar, and the location of the hotel for Walking Street. I hope the adjourning door will remain open & is still going to give accessibility to and from both.

I will say, the rooms really need to be cleaned up and updated. I think myself & Stax over the last few years were some of the few from the forum that actually used the bar and stayed in the hotel too, for a month at a time. Many on the forum liked the bar, but didn't seem to stay upstairs.  I could kinda understand why. The bar has been suffering through the last years, really since it didn't have a falang manager. The hotel is always booked up, yet it has been booked on most floors with mostly Indians in recent years, who are not users of the bar, I'm not bitching, as I love the place, just voicing my viewpoint.

the forum is still there mate...the bar will just be revamped by a new owner

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

I am sorry but your comment about " mostly Indians" simply is not true and I assume that when you used the words "cleaned up" you were not meaning to imply Secrets rooms are dirty.

If I was to attach a screen shot of Secrets Reservations for the next 4 weeks ( which for obvious reasons I am not going to do) you would be hard pressed to identify a single Indian guest from the names shown. I have to admit, that really surprised me but I assure you it is factually true.

Secrets Hotel has a relatively small number of loyal and regular customers of "ethnically" Indian guests from the west who are most welcome particularly as they are great guys and always are regulars in the Bar.

It is much more difficult for Indian Nationals to book and stay at Secrets because very few hold credit cards and are therfore generally unable to pay reservation deposits whether directly to Secrets or via booking agents.  Although we tend to waive deposits for all regular returning guests that is a requirement for most newbie's to Secrets Hotel.

Secrets does use booking Agents such as Expedia and Agoda however their rates are only attractive if  prospective customers can take advantage of the promotional rates agreed between Secrets and the booking agents. The Indian continent is one of those excluded from such promotions.

For the best rates and personal service for Thailand247 members,  email to "[email protected]" and don't forget to ask for the "Warburtons" upgrade.

To be fair, my comment of mostly Indian clientele was what we saw in the hotel on our last couple stays. I can only comment for the time we were there, and they don't use the bar. We were in the bar lots through our holiday and didn't see them in there. They didn't cause any kind of problems in either. As to the rooms, I'm referring to a lick of paint and maybe updating. A freshen up would be a pleasure. They are not dirty.

My booking, and looking after has always been easy & excellent, and have always found you most accommodating with your efforts Dan. I enjoy the experience at the place, just point out that the rooms maybe a little tired. 

Edited by Tailspin

@MrDK Nice video Lars, will I be receiving a check in the mail soon for the use of my pictures with out my authorization? if not, you will be hearing from my attorney soon......Michael Cohen 🤩

Going to miss Secrets for sure, nothing but fun times there over the years.

You might have a new career, Steven Spielberg is probably looking over his shoulder LOL! 

Hope your health is getting better....all the best in that to you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, galenkia said:

Seems many of the new members here have gone back there.

Guess they will be back when the forum finally shuts down.🙄

If we have to go through the tedious as fcuk 'I miss and love Secrets' pish again, someone's gonna have to end up getting hurt!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Seems many of the new members here have gone back there.

Guess they will be back when the forum finally shuts down.🙄

I’m still logged on over there but not posting much, there is not much going on. Spending most of my forum time on here now 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

its perfectly normal really, a lot of people feel comfortable over there.  some, hopefully many, will enjoy here too, but for some  this place wont feel like home.  me and Lanza were both very happy to see so many come over here, but actually the way it is working out, our visitor numbers are great for a new forum, content fresh and we have a mix of styles as we all seem to settle in to the new gaff here.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

its perfectly normal really, a lot of people feel comfortable over there.  some, hopefully many, will enjoy here too, but for some  this place wont feel like home.  me and Lanza were both very happy to see so many come over here, but actually the way it is working out, our visitor numbers are great for a new forum, content fresh and we have a mix of styles as we all seem to settle in to the new gaff here.

I actually only became aware of the forum when someone mentioned it on thaivisa

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fygjam said:

They are claiming 187 users in the past 24 hours compared to 148 here.

Performance enhanced user count?

Could that possibly be the number looking at the website rather than just the forum? 

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

I feel at home here. I have the amazing ability to ignore shit that does concern me or stop reading threads that I don’t like. I also have the ability to disagree without resorting to personal insults. I also have an amazing ability to admit that I’m wrong when presented with new information and change my opinion ( very handy skill if you want to win a lot of arguments). 

I have only ever made one personal insult on Shss and that was quite recently, actually I made it twice as I thought it was so appropriate the first time, the Mods over there edited my first post and deleted my second, first time I have had a post deleted. Oh NO, I self reported a post when I was trying to explain who Elvis was to a newbie , so that that don’t count.   I will do it again on 247 but will make it in a subsequent post so it is easier for the mods to delete. 

Ling

• Like 2

I believe that users on-line is tied to the time set for automatic slog-off, if one does not manually log-off.
Setting it to 30 minutes will yield a very different result compared having it set at 6 hours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khun Ling said:

I’m still logged on over there but not posting much, there is not much going on. Spending most of my forum time on here now 

I also am still logged on over there and also not posting much. However, most of my forum time has always been spent on a Dutch forum (not Thailand but computers related).

it shows 12,516 members most online. Well even in the very best glory days that number is BS.

I remember the Sunday Stickman posted about the new Secrets forum the membership jumped almost 200 the first hour after his weekly. Some like him and some don't but he has a massive following

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

If we have to go through the tedious as fcuk 'I miss and love Secrets' pish again, someone's gonna have to end up getting hurt!

Maybe, when former Secrets members read comments  AND THREATS  like the above they come to the conclusion that perhaps they are not as welcome here as they were lead to believe by people like me who encouraged them to move to Thailand247 in the first place.

I wonder what action a Thailand247 moderator would have taken if I had posted a similar comment to the above?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

Maybe, when former Secrets members read comments  AND THREATS  like the above they come to the conclusion that perhaps they are not as welcome here as they were lead to believe by people like me who encouraged them to move to Thailand247 in the first place.

I wonder what action a Thailand247 moderator would have taken if I had posted a similar comment to the above?

Oh shut up ya big fairy, and get a sense of humour. 

• Thumbs Up 1