Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

8 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

My favourite Secrets shitfest was Chang Fai, versus the pizza takeaway owner (site that now is Brooklyn Pizzas)

Chang Fai was a Scottish gent, who divided opinions to put it mildly and could be somewhat picky and abrasive 🤔. He had an argument in the pizza takeaway over his pizza (he did like his food cooked just so) and the owner in colorful language told him to remove himself from the high class diner and not return.

Chang recounted the tale on Secrets really laying into the establishment. The pizza owner then signed up and attacked Chang Fai online, having a total meltdown, threatening him with violence.

It was spectacular 😀

Terrible publicity for the business, even in Chang Fai was going over-board, the owner attacking him online was over-the-top. The shop eventually stopped trading, don't know how if was harmed by this episode.

Most of the shitfests on Secrets, I just found to be tedious and unpleasant. Not having them on here is one of the big attractions of this forum.

Was called Munchies IIRC.Was funny. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Thats one of the things about some Pattaya "residents" ..they would get into a fight over a 100B pizza....

Agree that Patts can see the very worst extremes of it, and Pattaya forums by extension of that but no way a phenomenon confined to Patts or Thailand.

Have met some tremendously entitled expats in India, HK and Sing. People who can get angry over and entitled over the smallest things, that a normal person would be totally unaffected by.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 3:36 AM, grayray said:

found this a few years ago,think someone posted on the old yellow page forum  "pattaya lovers"

regards

grayray

tumblr_m4ndxxpTaZ1rpz1gzo1_500.jpg

That describes me playing golf. After 5 or 6 holes I  seem to have the knack of ruining the best of players round. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

If we're recalling the best Secrets shitfests, Brownie and Jack Daniels Esq could liven up a dull morning.

Also the one, BM's name forgotten, where the Secrets barfine in the Secrets room only wanted to watch TV. That one kept the post count ticking over for a few days.

Oh for the good old days when ScroTom and Troubled Groveller would bare their souls.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, fygjam said:

If we're recalling the best Secrets shitfests, Brownie and Jack Daniels Esq could liven up a dull morning.

Also the one, BM's name forgotten, where the Secrets barfine in the Secrets room only wanted to watch TV. That one kept the post count ticking over for a few days.

Oh for the good old days when ScroTom and Troubled Groveller would bare their souls.

remeber browine prove JD never design boat. funny.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

I dont think it is any secret that you and  Gabor have had a long history of disagreement particularly  on food related issues.I think the KFC  thread was weaponised to marginalise  his opinion

In my opinion the KFC thread  was superficially  amusing  but was not a game changer in terms of the opposing views which you and he seemed to hold 

My disagreements with Gabor date from 2009, but at that time they all centered on the silly notion that anyone who paid more for a girl's services than Gabor decreed was the maximum allowed was "driving up prices" and "ruining the scene for everyone."  That's an impossibility in a free market.

I didn't participate in the Gabor-Brownie KFC thread as it had nothing to do with with me. While I had some sharp exchanges with Gabor, very few ever reached the shitfest stage because I refused to engage in namecalling or personal insults.

18 hours ago, BarryL said:

remember it more about brownie & gabor.

Yes, that's right.  :default_good:   There was was no exchange between Gabor and myself in that thread.

17 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

IIRC Brownie took a pic of him and a gal waiting outside a food stall with the evidence in his hand to prove his point, it was pure absurd comedy gold lol

Another "pure comedy gold"   moment was Gabor's struggle to understand the meaning of "finger-lickin' good,"  which he for some reason felt was a crucial concept in the thread.

15 hours ago, fygjam said:

His handle was "Vibs."  He'd had a "dream-of-a-lifetime" vacation one year at Secrets, but things didn't turn out as well the next year.  The thread about the "only-watch-TV" girl was more than just a shitfest in that it illustrated how two different people could have radically different takes on the same situation.

Evil

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

His handle was "Vibs."  He'd had a "dream-of-a-lifetime" vacation one year at Secrets, but things didn't turn out as well the next year.  The thread about the "only-watch-TV" girl was more than just a shitfest in that it illustrated how two different people could have radically different takes on the same situation.

Vibs, correct. Good memory.

It was more than just different takes it divided those responding into the various clans. "How dare you criticize Secrets" vs "the barfine just compensates the bar" vs "you're just paying for her time" vs "bullshit, I paid for a f**k". A shitfest on steroids and really good fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, BarryL said:

any one rember lovedog & sinistersiner & bet? SS would be good bm here.

SS in lasvegas. any one know abot lovedog?

Yep i do, SS had him well and truly cornered, it was funny as f*** seeing lovedog squirming at SS's every post but in fairness to him he never gave up IIRC.